Sold in less than 30 minutes

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Re: Sold in less than 30 minutes

Postby Craig Miller » Thu May 25, 2017 8:05 am

Son of Butch wrote:Ken - as you can see by the above posting, proving my point, we Americans as a group are very condescending
and that in my opinion would be the major stumbling block for mass acceptance of the metric system and when it
comes to American Football national attitude regarding metric system would be crushing.
Roll Tide :)

We might have to start watching rugby and soccer. It wouldn't take long to see that they are the superior atheletes
0 x

Clodhopper
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Clodhopper » Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 am

I will say that M-5 is a true Southern gentleman, very hospitable, and most Southerners are as well. That reputation is well earned. I feel my part of the country is pretty good too. We're kind of stuck in the middle, not North, not South.

Back to the sale, my dad always says cash in the hand makes a happy man, I think Raven did good.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu May 25, 2017 8:57 am

southernultrablack wrote:
M-5 wrote:And the Southerners are the valedictorians ,

Amen!!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: nice one
0 x

tja477t
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby tja477t » Thu May 25, 2017 12:17 pm

dun wrote:The idea of it sold that fast it was too cheap doesn;t wash with me. If he would have had a couple of dozen people wanting to buy it at that price then I would think it might have been seriously underpriced.
exactly, ive sold stuff on craigslist that sold in less than a day and I never got another call on it before it expired which i think takes about a month.
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm

Ron, nice looking young bull, happy for you that he sold so quickly. Certainly a fair price. Good luck on the sales of your other bulls.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:21 pm

tja477t wrote:
dun wrote:The idea of it sold that fast it was too cheap doesn;t wash with me. If he would have had a couple of dozen people wanting to buy it at that price then I would think it might have been seriously underpriced.
exactly, ive sold stuff on craigslist that sold in less than a day and I never got another call on it before it expired which i think takes about a month.

CL etiquette says you take down an add after the item is sold. Its a pain in the rear to call ad that has been sold and the owner of the ad was to lazy to open a email and click the delete button.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu May 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Clodhopper wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Ken - American Football just doesn't mesh with the metric system.
Mentality of average American views USA as the High School senior of the world, England as a H.S. junior,
Australia, France and Italy as sophomores, Mexico as a freshman, 3rd world countries as 8th graders and North Korea
as a 7th grader or lower. I don't know if this explanation makes sense, but we have a superiority complex.

I wouldn't put France near that high. Maybe fourth grade.

I hate the French.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu May 25, 2017 1:27 pm

M-5 wrote:
tja477t wrote:

CL etiquette says you take down an add after the item is sold. Its a pain in the rear to call ad that has been sold and the owner of the ad was to lazy to open a email and click the delete button.

I don't call on many things, so I must like it/need it if I'm calling. I agree, it's frustrating as all get out to call and have it sold already. When I sell hay, I'm quick to edit it to reflect what I have left to sell and then take it down when it's gone.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
M-5 wrote:
tja477t wrote:exactly, ive sold stuff on craigslist that sold in less than a day and I never got another call on it before it expired which i think takes about a month.

I don't call on many things, so I must like it/need it if I'm calling. I agree, it's frustrating as all get out to call and have it sold already. When I sell hay, I'm quick to edit it to reflect what I have left to sell and then take it down when it's gone.

I Check CL several times a day, I find deals where people don't know what an item is worth all the time. But if you don't see it first you miss out and the DA doesn't take the ads down and then gets an attitude when people keep calling. If they seem nice I will chat with them but if they are a jerk about it I have called multiple times and sent it to other people for them to call them so maybe next time they figure it out.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu May 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Clodhopper wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Ken - American Football just doesn't mesh with the metric system.
Mentality of average American views USA as the High School senior of the world, England as a H.S. junior,
Australia, France and Italy as sophomores, Mexico as a freshman, 3rd world countries as 8th graders and North Korea
as a 7th grader or lower. I don't know if this explanation makes sense, but we have a superiority complex.

I wouldn't put France near that high. Maybe fourth grade.

I hate the French.

My uncle was held P.O.W. by the Japanese during WWII and he had a very deep and sincere hate for them.
What did the French do to you?
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu May 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
Clodhopper wrote:I wouldn't put France near that high. Maybe fourth grade.

I hate the French.

My uncle was held P.O.W. by the Japanese during WWII and he had a very deep and sincere hate for them.
What did the French do to you?

Rolled over for Hitler, and get us to liberate them. Dragged us into Vietnam. Then poo-poo on us every chance they get. And they gave North America the French Canadian.

I'm not surprised about your uncle. He's lucky to have made it through with the way they treated their captives. I bet he's got some awful stories.
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Son of Butch wrote:Ken - as you can see by the above posting, proving my point, we Americans as a group are very condescending
and that in my opinion would be the major stumbling block for mass acceptance of the metric system and when it
comes to American Football national attitude regarding metric system would be crushing.

Haha Butch, I can deal with how you blokes are, but I do like to tease a bit. What is a sophamore?
Pass me a spanner, is that a 1/2 inch or a 13mm? Do US manufactured vehicles use metric nuts and bolts yet?
Ken
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:06 pm

wbvs58 wrote:

Haha Butch, I can deal with how you blokes are, but I do like to tease a bit. What is a sophamore?
Pass me a spanner, is that a 1/2 inch or a 13mm? Do US manufactured vehicles use metric nuts and bolts yet?
Ken

Yes and it's a pia ,
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Thu May 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Metric nuts and bolts are more common than standard on just about everything here
0 x

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:39 pm

If mine sells too quick I am happy it sold but always have the feeling I should have listed it higher. Then again, you have some buyers out there knowing exactly what they want and they might be the only one out there, not caring the cost. When looking for a used cattle trailer I searched craigslist for 3 weeks, searched once and hour, every day all day. Found one at 9pm that had been posted for 10 minutes for $900 that had everything I was looking for and I wasnt going to pay over $1500. I was there at 7am picking it up. I could see it in the guys face he felt like he was getting screwed. I still put $700 into it in floors, tires and paint but I was the buyer waiting for the right post to be posted.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Return to “Breeds Board”