Sold in less than 30 minutes

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: Sold in less than 30 minutes

Postby Son of Butch » Fri May 26, 2017 12:50 am

BK9954 wrote:If mine sells too quick I am happy it sold but always have the feeling I should have listed it higher.

Y'all are worried about nickels and dimes. A young widow cousin of mine sold their house to help cover husband's medical and funeral expenses and move into an apartment. She relied on realtor's 'expertise' as to value when she listed it on the weekend and it sold in 3 days for the full asking price on first showing. I know she has 2nd guessed
herself ever since.
0 x

elkwc
Rancher
Rancher

Postby elkwc » Fri May 26, 2017 5:07 am

BK9954 wrote:If mine sells too quick I am happy it sold but always have the feeling I should have listed it higher. Then again, you have some buyers out there knowing exactly what they want and they might be the only one out there, not caring the cost. When looking for a used cattle trailer I searched craigslist for 3 weeks, searched once and hour, every day all day. Found one at 9pm that had been posted for 10 minutes for $900 that had everything I was looking for and I wasnt going to pay over $1500. I was there at 7am picking it up. I could see it in the guys face he felt like he was getting screwed. I still put $700 into it in floors, tires and paint but I was the buyer waiting for the right post to be posted.

You were a motivated buyer who found what they were looking for. There is a chance you were either only one or one of a few looking for a trailer like that. That is why I never judge something by how soon it sells or not. I've seen good buys stay for sale for an extended time. Because the person who needed that item never saw it advertised or because no one needed it. I used to buy a lot at auctions and resell. Many times you can buy out of season items real cheap and resell them a few months later easy.
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:28 am

Craig Miller wrote:Metric nuts and bolts are more common than standard on just about everything here

See, the rest of the world is metrifying you by stealth, before you know it you'll be all metric.

Ken
0 x

tja477t
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby tja477t » Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 am

M-5 wrote:
tja477t wrote:
dun wrote:The idea of it sold that fast it was too cheap doesn;t wash with me. If he would have had a couple of dozen people wanting to buy it at that price then I would think it might have been seriously underpriced.
exactly, ive sold stuff on craigslist that sold in less than a day and I never got another call on it before it expired which i think takes about a month.

CL etiquette says you take down an add after the item is sold. Its a pain in the rear to call ad that has been sold and the owner of the ad was to lazy to open a email and click the delete button.

i dont need to take anything down, i can always sell them another cow as good or better than the one listed. its easier than running another ad with a picture of another black cow that i can barely tell apart. what better sales pitch than that one already sold but i have a better one for around the same money
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:56 am

And when the same ad is renewed every three days and stays on CL without any change week after week . I pass right on by it. If I open the ad and they refuse an email or text I don't care how cheap it is. There's a guy here that has been running same ad for handful of farm stuff for over a yr. I called him when he first posted the items . he wants new price and is a DY refuses to accept a reasonable offer . he gets flagged all the time. .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Fri May 26, 2017 2:43 pm

M-5 wrote:And the Southerners are the valedictorians ,

Yeah naw. Nice try, though. :lol:
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:54 pm

boondocks wrote:

We are smart enough not to live where It snows..........................................................................................................................................

you never hear of a southerner moving to yankee land ...............................................................................
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri May 26, 2017 5:57 pm

M-5 wrote:
boondocks wrote:

We are smart enough not to live where It snows..........................................................................................................................................

you never hear of a southerner moving to yankee land ...............................................................................

M5, what are you thinking? The south is full of mosquitoes, snakes and alligators and some of the snakes are highly poisonous. And then the weather, there's hurricanes and tornadoes every week.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:32 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:
boondocks wrote:

M5, what are you thinking? The south is full of mosquitoes, snakes and alligators and some of the snakes are highly poisonous. And then the weather, there's hurricanes and tornadoes every week.

All of that is nothing compared to a snowbird that comes here wanting to impart their way of life on US .
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 26, 2017 7:39 pm

For me, anything south of the 30th parallel North is too hot. I like a distinct fall and spring.

Nice to visit. Not to live.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri May 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Bright Raven wrote:For me, anything south of the 30th parallel North is too hot. I like a distinct fall and spring.

We sure don't miss you in these parts either.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 26, 2017 7:49 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:For me, anything south of the 30th parallel North is too hot. I like a distinct fall and spring.

I will visit you if you can show me some of those Crotalus.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri May 26, 2017 8:16 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Been a slow year around here so far. I think the one my son killed while turkey hunting has been it. I think they've been living in the creek bottom since it's been so dry?
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 26, 2017 8:33 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Been a slow year around here so far. I think the one my son killed while turkey hunting has been it. I think they've been living in the creek bottom since it's been so dry?

You guys seem like you have been dry for several years.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri May 26, 2017 8:38 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

You guys seem like you have been dry for several years.

Its been tough since 2012, we started another drought yesterday hopefully it'll break soon.
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”