Sold in less than 30 minutes

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Re: Sold in less than 30 minutes

Postby Rafter S » Fri May 26, 2017 10:07 pm

M-5 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:
We are smart enough not to live where It snows..........................................................................................................................................

you never hear of a southerner moving to yankee land ...............................................................................

M5, what are you thinking? The south is full of mosquitoes, snakes and alligators and some of the snakes are highly poisonous. And then the weather, there's hurricanes and tornadoes every week.

All of that is nothing compared to a snowbird that comes here wanting to impart their way of life on US .

Yep. I still remember a bumper sticker I saw back in the early '80s. It said "I don't care how you did it up north"
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Fri May 26, 2017 10:15 pm

Geez how many times y'all going to sell that bull?
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat May 27, 2017 9:28 am

Kingfisher wrote:Geez how many times y'all going to sell that bull?

Till they get it right.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:18 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:
boondocks wrote:

Yeah naw. Nice try, though. :lol:

We are smart enough not to live where It snows..........................................................................................................................................

you never hear of a southerner moving to yankee land ...............................................................................

M5, what are you thinking? The south is full of mosquitoes, snakes and alligators and some of the snakes are highly poisonous. And then the weather, there's hurricanes and tornadoes every week.

True Grit, you forgot fire ants but thats what makes us tough as nails. My folks did it with no AC. Makes Southerners, atleast Texans, a little hard headed, stern and not willing to back down, and IMO not a bad thing. But also willing to give you the shirt off our back when you need help, broke down on the side of the road etc... I lived up North for a brief time. Different culture for sure. Watched the greyhound busdriver get out of the bus and get into a fight with another motorist. Clam chowder, Iced tea out of season bla bla bla... Give me the South anytime.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue May 30, 2017 6:06 am

M-5 wrote:you never hear of a southerner moving to yankee land ..................................................................

Really?!?
Wow, how quickly we forget. Out of all the countries of the world the USA experienced 2 of the largest
and most rapid internal migrations in All of History, (that were not motivated by execution or starvation.)
All by people leaving the South to relocate to the North.

From 1916 -1930 1.6 million Americans migrated from the South to the North.
Then from 1941-1970 they were followed by an additional 5 million Americans leaving the south to go north.
Hard to believe southerners are so uneducated about their very own recent history. (Less than 100 years)
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 30, 2017 6:19 am

Son of Butch wrote:
M-5 wrote:you never hear of a southerner moving to yankee land ..................................................................

Really?!?
Wow, how quickly we forget history. Out of all the countries of the world the USA experienced 2 of the largest
and most rapid internal migrations in All of History, that were not motivated by execution or starvation.

Then from 1941-1970 they were followed by an additional 5 million Americans leaving the south to go north.
Hard to believe southerners are so uneducated about their very own recent history. (Less than 100 years)

Yes. In fact there is an entire collection of country music based on that mass movement from the rural south to the industrial north.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 30, 2017 6:30 am

Help. I am racking my brain:

What is the name of this song?

At day, I make the cars, at night I make the bars...

Tears fell on mother's nose as she read the things I wrote...son we love you and we miss you...come on home.

I think those lines come from the same song. Many country songs lament the movement of poor southern folks to the north.
0 x

Clodhopper
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Clodhopper » Tue May 30, 2017 6:51 am

Bright Raven wrote:Help. I am racking my brain:

Tears fell on mother's nose as she read the things I wrote...son we love you and we miss you...come on home.

I think those lines come from the same song. Many country songs lament the movement of poor southern folks to the north.

500 Miles by Bobby Bare. I got the chance to see him and Jerry Reid together at the Little Nashville Opry in Brown County Indiana.

Interesting note, Jerry Reid was invested in some oil wells in my area, he was a regular visitor around here for a while.
0 x

Clodhopper
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Clodhopper » Tue May 30, 2017 6:52 am

0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Tue May 30, 2017 6:55 am

Clodhopper wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Help. I am racking my brain:

500 Miles by Bobby Bare. I got the chance to see him and Jerry Reid together at the Little Nashville Opry in Brown County Indiana.

Interesting note, Jerry Reid was invested in some oil wells in my area, he was a regular visitor around here for a while.

I still miss Jerry Reed
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 30, 2017 6:57 am

Clodhopper wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfAmLz5Evxo

Yes!!! Dang, I had it right there a couple times and could not remember. Thanks.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue May 30, 2017 7:00 am

Son of Butch wrote:

Really?!?
Wow, how quickly we forget. Out of all the countries of the world the USA experienced 2 of the largest
and most rapid internal migrations in All of History, (that were not motivated by execution or starvation.)

And yet the north still sux.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:10 am

Its all about perspective on what you view as southern. I did have a great great great grandfather that moved to NY, too bad it was against his will and died in prison there along with many other patriots from that time.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue May 30, 2017 7:36 am

Son of Butch wrote:

Really?!?

We'd send some more if they'd go. The demographics would sure be different in the the south today if we could.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue May 30, 2017 9:13 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:

Really?!?

Hard to believe southerners are so uneducated about their very own recent history.

We'd send some more if they'd go.

Wow... who's we?
The Americans that migrated weren't Sent... They Left.
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”