Brahman Bull Questions

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

KNERSIE
GURU
GURU

Re: Brahman Bull Questions

Postby KNERSIE » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:09 am

The bull is masculine and that is more than half the battle won when it comes to Brahman cattle. Very sound. Very good hindquarter. Not great in the midsection and it affects his balance. Sheath is really not good. Here a y type sheath like that would be a disqualification.
0 x
Every calf deserves a white face.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:18 am

KNERSIE wrote:The bull is masculine and that is more than half the battle won when it comes to Brahman cattle. Very sound. Very good hindquarter. Not great in the midsection and it affects his balance. Sheath is really not good. Here a y type sheath like that would be a disqualification.

Thanks Knersie. That was actually a concern I originally axed this bull for but came back to him because too many other things grew on me.

I have some cows that have been dropping calves the last couple of months. My plan was to bring them up close, in the open where I could watch him breed. He will go out July 1st. If it looks like it is going to be an issue I will definitely take him back.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

KNERSIE
GURU
GURU

Postby KNERSIE » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 am

There is no reason why he wouldn't breed. He'd just be more prone to injury or infection due to the likelihood of his sheath getting scratched of grass seeds getting in the prepitium. He is just higher risk.
0 x
Every calf deserves a white face.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:04 pm

KNERSIE wrote:There is no reason why he wouldn't breed. He'd just be more prone to injury or infection due to the likelihood of his sheath getting scratched of grass seeds getting in the prepitium. He is just higher risk.

Got ya. We will see how it goes.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Brute, he's a good looking bull! Looks so much like a Brahma bull, our friend James used to have. He had Bruno for 17 years. He never did see him breed any of his cows----------EVER. Figured he was a "shy" and "night-time" breeder.

You should get some nice calves by him.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Return to “Breeds Board”