What is he worth?

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.
User avatar
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3201
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:36 am
Location: Central Texas
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What is he worth?

Post by wacocowboy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:29 pm

If I go have him tipped what do y'all think he is worth. I think he is is a 2500 maybe more bull but I listed him for 2250 cause of the horns. Am I wrong?
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15925
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: What is he worth?

Post by ALACOWMAN » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:28 pm

wacocowboy wrote:If I go have him tipped what do y'all think he is worth. I think he is is a 2500 maybe more bull but I listed him for 2250 cause of the horns. Am I wrong?

I'd ask the 2500 anyway.... You can lose folks interest on one priced to low as well as to high...
someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8569
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 165 times

Re: What is he worth?

Post by True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:05 am

You can only sell something for what someone is willing to pay. You'll look long, hard and far before you'd ever see a bull like him around these parts.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What is he worth?

Post by JWBrahman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:24 am

True Grit Farms wrote:. You'll look long, hard and far before you'd ever see a bull like him around these parts.


More pics and chickens where you're at than cattle.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8569
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 165 times

Re: What is he worth?

Post by True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:27 pm

JWBrahman wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:. You'll look long, hard and far before you'd ever see a bull like him around these parts.


More pics and chickens where you're at than cattle.


The 2 largest sale barns in the state are located within 50 miles of our place, and there's 3 smaller ones within 30 miles. It's not Texas but we do have some cattle around here. Just no BM herd bulls that I'm aware of. And I've never seen a decent horned bull of any bred come through our local sale barns.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
Ky hills
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1780
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:54 pm
Location: Clark County, KY
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: What is he worth?

Post by Ky hills » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Real nice bull, minus the horns.

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What is he worth?

Post by JWBrahman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Grit, we don't have that many cattle in the state anymore, either. Sanderson Farms probably has more birds on I-55 than we have cattle in Louisiana.

He would be a $3500 bull in this area if he were a Brangus.

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15925
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: What is he worth?

Post by ALACOWMAN » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:53 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
JWBrahman wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:. You'll look long, hard and far before you'd ever see a bull like him around these parts.


More pics and chickens where you're at than cattle.


The 2 largest sale barns in the state are located within 50 miles of our place, and there's 3 smaller ones within 30 miles. It's not Texas but we do have some cattle around here. Just no BM herd bulls that I'm aware of. And I've never seen a decent horned bull of any bred come through our local sale barns.
not many BM cattle in the south east anymore, in the 80's you couldnt sling a dead cat and not hit one,,,blind folded...then it was Charolais in the 90s..now it's Angus...take a laxative it works the whole area...
someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 23541
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: What is he worth?

Post by Caustic Burno » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:10 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
JWBrahman wrote:
More pics and chickens where you're at than cattle.


The 2 largest sale barns in the state are located within 50 miles of our place, and there's 3 smaller ones within 30 miles. It's not Texas but we do have some cattle around here. Just no BM herd bulls that I'm aware of. And I've never seen a decent horned bull of any bred come through our local sale barns.
not many BM cattle in the south east anymore, in the 80's you couldnt sling a dead cat and not hit one,,,blind folded...then it was Charolais in the 90s..now it's Angus...take a laxative it works the whole area...


Very true statement
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7622
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: What is he worth?

Post by Brute 23 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Saw those horns and leave 4" stubs. I bet you will get $1600-1800 at best.

My family has mainly Beefmaster influenced cattle. They do a really good job in this area but they just aren't as marketable. That is the only thing I fault them on.
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Post Reply