Brahman question

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Re: Brahman question

Postby RanchMan90 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Yep. Palpate her.
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:32 pm

I like her. I have had a few like her great mothers. I hope she is bred. Her and MG should make a nice calf. I would watch her after she calves might get a bit hot. Shame someone wasted several productive years. Have a vet shove his had up her butt make sure she is good.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

skeeter swatter
Rancher
Rancher

Postby skeeter swatter » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Nice looking cow.
I'd get her pregged, if open a few years she may need a shot of gnhr.
A five year old that has never calved is worth exactly kill price, a little more if bred.
Good luck
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:46 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Pretty much what I think of when I hear Brahman cows mentioned.

I like the grey coloring.

That kind of shows your knowledge of Brahman cattle. Not surprising though, most people with big opinions on pit bulls can't pick one out of a line up either.
2 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 am

Brute 23 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Pretty much what I think of when I hear Brahman cows mentioned.

That kind of shows your knowledge of Brahman cattle. Not surprising though, most people with big opinions on pit bulls can't pick one out of a line up either.

Never claimed to know them and unless I find myself in a climate suited to them I have no interest in their ugly azzes.

As for pits, I have two living in my house and have for years. Whatcha wanna know?
1 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:08 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

Never claimed to know them and unless I find myself in a climate suited to them I have no interest in their ugly azzes.

As for pits, I have two living in my house and have for years. Whatcha wanna know?

Every one knows what you were doing. At least be man enough to own it when some one confronts you.
3 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

Every one knows what you were doing. At least be man enough to own it when some one confronts you.

Oh, this is a confrontation, my goodness, am I supposed to be intimidated or something?

Look here Brute, you raise what you raise and I raise what I raise, I'm happy, I suppose you're happy, maybe you aren't since you're so overly sensitive but that's neither here nor there. You and your minions have educated me to the advantages of the Brahman based breed in your environment and I must admit, were I unfortunate enough to have to live in such climate I'd conform to the norm as well. Luckily that's not the case.

Now carry on young man.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:25 pm

I can't figure out what you did this time TT. Your always stirring the pot. Pretty much hurricanes and Brahman go hand in hand.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:21 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:I can't figure out what you did this time TT. Your always stirring the pot. Pretty much hurricanes and Brahman go hand in hand.

Watch out Grit, the posse will ride you down for dissing the holy breed.
2 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:20 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I can't figure out what you did this time TT. Your always stirring the pot. Pretty much hurricanes and Brahman go hand in hand.

Watch out Grit, the posse will ride you down for dissing the holy breed.

Maybe not, don't want to destroy the mans thread...
Last edited by ALACOWMAN on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Muddy
GURU
GURU

Postby Muddy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Anyways, anyone thinks the cow is Indu Brazilian x Brahman cross or what?
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Muddy wrote:Anyways, anyone thinks the cow is Indu Brazilian x Brahman cross or what?

Ya, I'm not sure it's exact back ground but it's far from a representation of the modern, American, Brahman breed.

With that said, if it was bought right and throws a calf it may end up a money maker for the OP. I have more than one cow that visually is not that impressive but throws one heck of a calf.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:04 pm

She would pass for atleast a purebred..yep I've had some uglier than her too. .but their offsprings are still producing in their mid twenties....pretty don't make a animal,do-ability do...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

cattleman99
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby cattleman99 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:11 am

4-5 yr old cow that may or may not be in calf. Hmmm. Don't care the breed. She wasn't worth the diesel it cost you to haul her home. She needs to become hamburger quick. You just got someone else's problem.
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:16 am

Its amazing to read all these post about how she should have done had a calf, most of whom don't know much if any thing about Brahman cattle.
1) Some , not all, Brahman cattle will not breed till 3 yrs. old, but that same cow may have calves till she is 20+ yrs. old. So that 17 yrs. worth of calves.
2)) She has ran with a bull 11 or 12 months, does not sound like he knows for sure just how long she was with a bull. She sure can't have calves if she aint been with a bull. If she is making a bag like he thinks then that's about right. Looking at the picture I think she is bred but couple months out ,just my guess ??
3) ''Yearling bull'' just how old is the bull, was the bull checked, does he even know if the bull is any good ??
4) What about the other cows that was with this bull are they calving ?? if he said I missed it or maybe just give them a free pass their not Brahman.
5) Way to many unknowns for me to say ship the cow, but if you wanted to sell her and was close to me I would be interested.
1 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Return to “Breeds Board”