Victoria cattle

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Muddy
GURU
GURU

Re: Victoria cattle

Postby Muddy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:19 pm

cattleman99 wrote:Why would you want Brahman influenced cattle up North? Unless your program includes rodeo stock. Makes no sense?

High percentage Brahman influenced cattle in northern regions doesn't make sense but low percentage Brahman influenced cattle do make sense and they handle harsh winters better than most brimmer composites. Better heat tolerance in hot summers where there is no trees, good longevity, good females and probably better wean weights. Plus low Brahman influenced cattle don't add much ear in the calves when crossbreeding with northern cattle so no dockage on the calves at the sale barns. Hence my interest into Victoria cattle.
0 x

Turkeybird
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Turkeybird » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Adams ranch in Florida has a ABEEF composite that would be worth checking out
0 x

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU

Postby JWBrahman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:41 am

Muddy wrote:Anyone still using Victoria bulls or cows? Basically 3/4 Hereford 1/4 Brahman composite. I thought they will makes great cattle with Brahman blood for cold climates.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S7t51JXprp0

Clay Nohavitza at Cowboy Sales sells them. Buy one of his Maine bulls with a group of Victoria cows and laugh all the way to the bank, Muddy
1 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:33 am

You can buy direct and have hundreds of bulls to choose from. Clay is just a cattle peddler and will charge you extra to deal with his bs.

McFaddin Enterprises
361-572-8031
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU

Postby JWBrahman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:24 am

Brute 23 wrote:You can buy direct and have hundreds of bulls to choose from. Clay is just a cattle peddler and will charge you extra to deal with his bs.

McFaddin Enterprises
361-572-8031

Isn't that how capitalism works? Somebody provides a service and suddenly he is a bs peddler? The guy deals with large herds around here that wouldn't sell Muddy a cow unless Muddy bought the whole herd. The internet has brainwashed people into believing they have to eliminate the middlemen. A lifetime of experience is no longer necessary for any decisions. Just buy direct.

Muddy wasn't being serious. He was looking for an argument.
1 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:38 am

Though I love the cross,one of my favorite...sounds like a glorified name for a crossbred...
Last edited by ALACOWMAN on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:39 am

JWBrahman wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:You can buy direct and have hundreds of bulls to choose from. Clay is just a cattle peddler and will charge you extra to deal with his bs.

McFaddin Enterprises
361-572-8031

Isn't that how capitalism works? Somebody provides a service and suddenly he is a bs peddler? The guy deals with large herds around here that wouldn't sell Muddy a cow unless Muddy bought the whole herd. The internet has brainwashed people into believing they have to eliminate the middlemen. A lifetime of experience is no longer necessary for any decisions. Just buy direct.

I have no problem paying a middle man if he does a good service. Clay does not. That's first hand experience...
1 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:41 am

Muddy wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
bball wrote:
Careful Brute. Comments like that may have fellers questioning your status as a brimmer pimp! :D

Guess I should be more specific. :D I don't know why you would specifically want Victorian Cattle when you can get Brafords, Brangus, Beefmaster, etc all probably fairly close to you that are more acclimated already.

I'd rather have something that is less than 30% Brahman blood.
I didn't think you wanted Brahman period...
1 x

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU

Postby JWBrahman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:40 am

That's good to know, Brute.
1 x

Muddy
GURU
GURU

Postby Muddy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:20 pm

JWBrahman wrote:

McFaddin Enterprises
361-572-8031

Oh wow, that's uncalled for, JWBrahman. Show me where I start an argument on here.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Muddy wrote:
JWBrahman wrote:

McFaddin Enterprises
361-572-8031

Oh wow, that's uncalled for, JWBrahman. Show me where I start an argument on here.

You were pretty anti-Brahman influence up north on the last couple Brahman related threads. What has made you change you mind and consider it now?
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Guess all that talk about belties,, got them stirred...
0 x

Muddy
GURU
GURU

Postby Muddy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
Muddy wrote:
JWBrahman wrote:

You were pretty anti-Brahman influence up north on the last couple Brahman related threads. What has made you change you mind and consider it now?

Full Brahmans didn't change my mind, these low brahman influenced cattle did change my mind.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Muddy wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
Muddy wrote:Oh wow, that's uncalled for, JWBrahman. Show me where I start an argument on here.

Full Brahmans didn't change my mind, these low brahman influenced cattle did change my mind.

Good for you. I admire a man who's willing to reevaluate his own opinions. I've found that most folks that won't have some insecurity issues (and I'm not pointing my finger at anyone here, so don't anybody get your panties in a wad).
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:51 pm

Muddy wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
Muddy wrote:Oh wow, that's uncalled for, JWBrahman. Show me where I start an argument on here.

Got ya. Give it a shot. Let us know back how it works out.
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”