More Pics - the BC Interior

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: More Pics - the BC Interior

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 am

wbvs58 wrote:Haha, I bring this up every now and then and usually don't get too good a reception. I think they are just very confused little puppies should just bight the bullet and go metric in everything, things would be so much simpler but I know there are 3 things that you Americans won't give up and that is your guns, your big V8's and your imperial system. God save the Queen.

Ken

Ken, the world's winning the metric battle and the V8's are getting rare. But we are doing quite well on the gun front for the time being here in the US of A.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Post Oak
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Post Oak » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 am

wbvs58 wrote:Haha, I bring this up every now and then and usually don't get too good a reception. I think they are just very confused little puppies should just bight the bullet and go metric in everything, things would be so much simpler but I know there are 3 things that you Americans won't give up and that is your guns, your big V8's and your imperial system. God save the Queen.

Ken

LOL, this Southerner here has been measuring his grits and the amount of water to cook them in lately with the metric side of the glass measuring cup. It just has the best number for my ratios.
1 x
"Stretch your legs to suit your quilt. Very many of us are always busy stretching or shrinking ourselves to suit somebody's quilt besides our own."- John Donald Wade

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:57 am

Post Oak wrote:

Ken

LOL, this Southerner here has been measuring his grits and the amount of water to cook them in lately with the metric side of the glass measuring cup. It just has the best number for my ratios.

you want a 100:1 ratio of flour to salt, and you have a pint of flour.. how much salt do you need?
In metric: lets call a pint 500cc, which mean you need 5cc of salt.. Oh, that's a teaspoon! See, EASY!
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 am

Aaron wrote:People just despise me when I use Yankee fluid measurements. I tell them they've got their stupid metric system so go and use it, quit living like peasants of the Queen. All my measurements are American.

So to you it's a 50 gallon drum instead of a 45 gallon drum? I have a hard time with US liquid measurement, I still use Imperial.
0 x

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 am

On a side note it's -40 here right now. In whichever language you prefer. ;-)
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Silver wrote:
Nesikep wrote:
gcreekrch wrote:0 F and snowing sideways this morning.

0C and snowing this morning here

-37 and clear as a bell here this morning. Warmed up to -32 today though.

-32 celsius = -25 fahrenheit
0c = 32f
0 F = -18c
0 x

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Silver wrote:
Aaron wrote:People just despise me when I use Yankee fluid measurements. I tell them they've got their stupid metric system so go and use it, quit slicing like peasants of the Queen. All my measurements are American.

So to you it's a 50 gallon drum instead of a 45 gallon drum? I have a hard time with US liquid measurement, I still use Imperial.

55 US gal in drum. 45.6 imp gal in drum.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Aaron wrote:
Silver wrote:
Aaron wrote:People just despise me when I use Yankee fluid measurements. I tell them they've got their stupid metric system so go and use it, quit slicing like peasants of the Queen. All my measurements are American.

55 US gal in drum. 45.6 imp gal in drum.

Ya, I figure two systems of measure is enough for me. Therefore I have not taken the time to figure US liquid measure very well. I figure we already had perfectly good gallons and quarts so no need to learn another set.
And I may be mistaken, but I thought a drum was 205 L, Which is 45.09 Gallons :D
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:05 pm

it's a 51.25 metric gallon drum!
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 pm

We used to call them 44gal drums but now just referr to them as 200 litre drums.

Ken
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”