Cattle are naturally curious

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

elkwc
GURU
GURU

Re: Cattle are naturally curious

Postby elkwc » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:49 am

I try to spend time with ours everytime I get a chance. Judy does also. We have ours now where they all come to see if they can get a treat. The two bulls we have around the house come to get their backs and tail heads scratched. I won't scratch their heads and teach then not to stand back at least a few feet but will scratch their backs. Judy and I love to sit and watch the new baby calves. Very nice looking bulls. Attended two sales last week looking for bulls. Proved again I have Caddilac taste on a beer budget. Didn't watch all of the Saturday sale so not sure how it came out. It was Judy's birthday so just went to watch a few fall yearlings sell and they started at lot 33. The owners daughter felt I could buy them with the limit I had set. Well one brought 11,500 and the other 6,500. So far it seems the Angus market around here is holding up real well for the well muscled growthy frame 6 type bulls. You can buy the frame 5 and under bulls 2-4 thousand cheaper. We left after I watched 5-6 more of the fall yearlings sell. Know the firt 30 of the yearlings sold well but also know they took a few of those that sold after the fall yearling home.
1 x

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 pm

I am enjoying all the photos Nessie that red calf with the ear flopped over just put a big ole smile on my face.

Today I wasn’t thinking the bulls were all that dang cute. We have had a first this year two of the young bulls just hate each other we have always had one that gets his arse whooped on a regular basis but this one just won’t quit. He finally got gimping so we had to separate him. The problem is now he feels better an the idiot keeps pushing through to go after his arch rival again. Last week he got through a gate that the latch was broke, our fault for not checking when we moved them around the day before. The boss was here so we got him moved pretty easy. Today I look out and chit they are together again and stupid was gettin another arse whooping. Today the culprit was a tree limb across the electric fence....and the boss is in Mobile thank goodness for Gabby she isn’t the best cow dog in the world but when she is the only help available you sure appreciate her. She jumped on the two culprits like white on rice we got stupid cut out and moved lickity split. Once we got stupid out it took some doing to get him moved a couple pastures away and of course the four wheeler died so this ole fat lady was having to hoof it. Have I ever mentioned bulls are a royal pain in the arse.

Gabby today’s hero

Gizmom
1 x
Respect give it to get it!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:02 pm

1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

OleScout
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby OleScout » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:27 am

My Granddaughter singing to the calves.
2 x

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:26 pm