CAIP Bred Heifers

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Re: CAIP Bred Heifers

Postby wbvs58 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:51 pm

What affect is this program going to have in the long term to the seedstock industry? Could it result in an oversupply? An example is Ron who purchased initially through this program and now is selling through it, when the money runs out will there be an oversupply? I am not being critical of it as it is none of my business but that is just the thought that came to my mind.

Ken
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Give me a chance to type of course I'll answer you.

Vince. I forgive you. I am a tolerant man. I cannot judge you harshly for taking government handouts when I have done the same thing. None of us are without sin.

If you need a friend right now, feel free to contact me. It is times like this when you learn who your friends really are!

Have we all not paid taxes? And some of those taxes have gone to programs we don't agree with, nor use, correct? So, couldn't you justify this as getting some of this money back?

No, Best. I cannot find comfort or consolation in your logic. I have sinned. I feel like Jimmy Swaggart.

https://youtu.be/LxB6-HnXZEU
Last edited by Bright Raven on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Vince. I forgive you. I am a tolerant man. I cannot judge you harshly for taking government handouts when I have done the same thing. None of us are without sin.

If you need a friend right now, feel free to contact me. It is times like this when you learn who your friends really are!

Have we all not paid taxes? And some of those taxes have gone to programs we don't agree with, nor use, correct? So, couldn't you justify this as getting some of this money back?

No, Best. I cannot find comfort or consolation in your logic. I have sinned. I feel like Jimmy Swaggart.

https://youtu.be/yWkVa-_sd24

Well, send me a check and I'll do my best to get your sin resolved with the big man.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:40 pm

wbvs58 wrote:What affect is this program going to have in the long term to the seedstock industry? Could it result in an oversupply? An example is Ron who purchased initially through this program and now is selling through it, when the money runs out will there be an oversupply? I am not being critical of it as it is none of my business but that is just the thought that came to my mind.

Ken

I don't think it will be a major factor in over supply. But it certainly provides a good support for seedstock producers. I know a Simmental breeder that has sold over 300 bulls/heifers to Cost Share recipients since the program began.
0 x

Midtenn
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Midtenn » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Personally I vote end all government assistance. ALL. CRP especially is nothing but a handout. But I can't fault anyone for that because the money is already spent. Same with drought assistance. If $50,000 is allotted for a particular county it is spent by the government before anyone receives it , whether it's one guy getting $50,000 or 100 guys getting $500.
Tennessee has the same deal with cost share from tobacco settlements. Its a state program, not usda. The feds sucked the life out of us in the '80's when we could no longer count on raising tobacco. No market and no money to be made. I don't agree with tobacco companies having to foot the bill but I sure don't think the federal government should have waged all out war on private business and small farmers and destroyed people's way of life and source of income.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Bigfoot wrote:Imho, receiving tobacco settlement money is in no way comparable to the crp program, or drought assistance. Crp and drought assistance are tax dollars. CAIP money is from the tobacco companies. I'm just not seeing how taking CAIP money is freeloading. I have gotten my fair share, but I haven't applied the 3 go arounds.

CRP imho is welfare. Drought assistance isn't.

I see it the exact opposite Bigfoot. The CRP programs here state what you can and can't do with your land, and also give the government a right to inspect your property. Drought assistance is getting something for nothing. Any time you get something for nothing your free loading. IMO
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:35 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:

I see it the exact opposite Bigfoot.

Vince we all have lapses of memory!

True Grit Farms stated:

What part? The subsidies, cost share, low interest loans, beginning farmer loans, EQIP, WHIP, CSP, CRP it's all welfare and food stamps under different names and titles.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=111340&p=1453830&hilit=CRP#p1453830
Last edited by Bright Raven on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:37 am

Zing!
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:44 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:

I see it the exact opposite Bigfoot. The CRP programs here state what you can and can't do with your land, and also give the government a right to inspect your property. Drought assistance is getting something for nothing. Any time you get something for nothing your free loading. IMO

Vince we all have lapses of memory!

True Grit Farms stated:

What part? The subsidies, cost share, low interest loans, beginning farmer loans, EQIP, WHIP, CSP, CRP it's all welfare and food stamps under different names and titles.

Where did I post that CRP wasn't welfare? I stated you were having to put something in, about like your fence project.
You sure do a lot of assuming.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 am

In a previous thread you made the following post stating that CRP is "welfare".

True Grit Farms wrote:
BrangusUSA wrote::?: True Grit can you elaborate on the above statement please?

Reference this thread:
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:51 am

Bright Raven wrote:In a previous thread you made the following post stating that CRP is "welfare".

True Grit Farms wrote:
BrangusUSA wrote::?: True Grit can you elaborate on the above statement please?

Reference this thread:

You must still be drunk, you can repost as many times as you want and the words are not going to change.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:54 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:In a previous thread you made the following post stating that CRP is "welfare".

True Grit Farms wrote:

Reference this thread:

You must still be drunk, you can repost as many times as you want and the words are not going to change.

This is your statement:

"The subsidies, cost share, low interest loans, beginning farmer loans, EQIP, WHIP, CSP, CRP it's all welfare and food stamps under different names and titles." Quote True Grit Farms.

I read that to mean you are saying CRP is "welfare".

How are you reading it, Sir?
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:05 am

Grit

This is not a big issue, it will not change the eastward rotation of the earth. So relax.

I will ask this unless you feel it is too pressing:

Is CRP welfare or NOT welfare? You are on record both ways.
4 x

Gators Rule
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Gators Rule » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm not a big fan of any government assistance, but in some cases I don't see CRP entirely as a gov't handout. The gov't wants farmers to keep that land in reserve, but doesn't want it kept in crop production. It definitely helps the wildlife, and as a hunter, I'm all for that. If the land isn't in crop production, the farmer would just unload it for another use, such as residential development. Then if we need to bring that land back into use (drought, war, etc..), it's too late.
2 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Gators Rule wrote:I'm not a big fan of any government assistance, but in some cases I don't see CRP entirely as a gov't handout. The gov't wants farmers to keep that land in reserve, but doesn't want it kept in crop production. It definitely helps the wildlife, and as a hunter, I'm all for that. If the land isn't in crop production, the farmer would just unload it for another use, such as residential development. Then if we need to bring that land back into use (drought, war, etc..), it's too late.

They could just let the farmer sit on it tax free, if they wouldn't farm it. Be a lot cheaper than paying cash rent price for scrub brush.
0 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

Return to “Breeds Board”