Low class people

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
cowboy43
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1765
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Low class people

Postby cowboy43 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Was listening to the scanner last nite,ems was distpatched to an rv park where the rv’s are the people’s home, kinda poor people, the man died, an hour later sheriff deputies was dispatched people were fighting about who would get his belongings, when I got there everything had been picked over nothing good left . :hide:
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13500
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Low class people

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Hope to leave something behind my family can fight over...best way I've found to keep em at bay, is to depend on them..
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3145
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Low class people

Postby callmefence » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Ive built fence around several very large trailer parks. Swimming pool fences etc. People living pretty poor. But usually seem very happy and friendly.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13500
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Low class people

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:43 pm

We we're poor growing up..aways said I'd rather-eat pintos and cornbread with so and so..than a ribeye with ??
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

User avatar
Ky hills
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1014
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Clark County, KY

Re: Low class people

Postby Ky hills » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:44 pm

I understand what is being referred to as low class seen plenty of examples, but folks that are generally referred to as poor are not always low class. I know of some situations where folks have money and act pretty classless
An old friend once told me when he was talking about his childhood, he said we didn't have much, didn't want much, and was the happiest people ever was.
3 x

ddd75
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 am
Location: KY

Re: Low class people

Postby ddd75 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Ky hills wrote:I understand what is being referred to as low class seen plenty of examples, but folks that are generally referred to as poor are not always low class. I know of some situations where folks have money and act pretty classless
An old friend once told me when he was talking about his childhood, he said we didn't have much, didn't want much, and was the happiest people ever was.

well. ky is different from everywhere else.. most act pretty 'poor' yet have millions in cattle/land/eq. etc.

I know a guy who drove around a 500.00 dollar 85' ford escort.. probably still does.. and he's a multimillionaire.. I bought one of his places.
0 x

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 46738
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Re: Low class people

Postby dun » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Friend of mine died and by the time his wife got home from making the funeral arrangements his kids had taken everything of value. They had been married almost 20 years but the kids still felt entitled to everything.
I forgot to mention this was an upper middle class family, sure not poor
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14180
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Low class people

Postby greybeard » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 pm

cowboy43 wrote:Was listening to the scanner last nite,ems was distpatched to an rv park where the rv’s are the people’s home, kinda poor people, the man died, an hour later sheriff deputies was dispatched people were fighting about who would get his belongings, when I got there everything had been picked over nothing good left . :hide:


Sorry ya missed out on 'the good stuff' there cowboy43.
(if you hear who got his left boot, let me know..maybe we can work sumthin out)
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3655
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Low class people

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Made me click.... I thought you were taking roll call. :)
1 x

User avatar
bbirder
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:23 pm
Location: S. Louisiana

Re: Low class people

Postby bbirder » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Worked with a fellow offshore that used to say "we were so poor that Mama would only cook one slice of bacon, and as she waved it over the table the six of us would sop up the shadow". He may have been poor, but he wasn't low-class by any definition.
1 x
"A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years. A bad climbing rope will last you a lifetime."

User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10969
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Low class people

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:28 pm

dun wrote:Friend of mine died and by the time his wife got home from making the funeral arrangements his kids had taken everything of value. They had been married almost 20 years but the kids still felt entitled to everything.
I forgot to mention this was an upper middle class family, sure not poor


Pride should stop me from saying this, but I'm moving forward. My mother lost her parents when she was in her late teens. She had a much younger sister. When she got home from the funeral, her aunts an uncles had gone through everything. They even took the meat from the smoke house, and the summers canned goods.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12236
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: Low class people

Postby Nesikep » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:30 pm

reminds me of when my friend Neal passed away.. he was poor, but had lots of 'stuff'... and he'd give it to you freely. but not a day after he died there were people there staking claims.. he had offered me some stuff, I'm not going to bother with it though.. there are a few people in town here known to be vultures!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4221
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.

Re: Low class people

Postby ga.prime » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:54 pm

ddd75 wrote: ky is different from everywhere else.. most act pretty 'poor' yet have millions in cattle/land/eq. etc.

All the folks around here act like millionaires yet have billions in cattle/land/eq. etc.
1 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4957
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Austin Texas

Re: Low class people

Postby Kingfisher » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 pm

We was so poor we had two Tv'z. One for picture and one for sound. ;)
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2747
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Low class people

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:35 pm

ddd75 wrote:
Ky hills wrote:I understand what is being referred to as low class seen plenty of examples, but folks that are generally referred to as poor are not always low class. I know of some situations where folks have money and act pretty classless
An old friend once told me when he was talking about his childhood, he said we didn't have much, didn't want much, and was the happiest people ever was.

well. ky is different from everywhere else.. most act pretty 'poor' yet have millions in cattle/land/eq. etc.

I know a guy who drove around a 500.00 dollar 85' ford escort.. probably still does.. and he's a multimillionaire.. I bought one of his places.


Yep. I remember Estill Lovelace. He lived like a homeless man. He probably owned more acres in Pendleton County than any other man before or since. I got to say, he was rich but one of the lowest humans I ever knew. He would cheat a widow out of her last slice of bread.
0 x


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aapedlor, wacocowboy and 4 guests