Put In An Offer

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6662
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:Dave, we need to see some photos.


I haven't taken any real good ones lately. We have been busy moving in and unpacking boxes. So I will try a few older ones I took. This is some of the irrigated ground and the hill behind the house. The house is the white to the right against the base of the hill. We own everything in this picture and more.

Image
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6662
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:07 pm

This is Little Sinker Canyon. I am told it is "famous" deer hunting. It is entirely on my property. I am standing at about 2,700 feet elevation. It is about 4,600 feet at the top. Not a road or a quad trail in it. All either on foot or horseback. And it better be a sure footed horse.

Image
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6662
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:09 pm

This is an older aerial photo of the house, out buildings, and some of the irrigated ground.
Image
0 x

User avatar
sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby sstterry » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:21 pm

That sure is beautiful country!
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6662
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:09 pm

This definitely cowboy country. You aren't going to gather cattle with a white bucket or a quad. It is horses and good herding dogs. I leased out the place because there is no way to buy cattle this late in the season and have it be anything but a train wreck. The hired guy of the rancher I leased to has his jaw wired shut. Going across a little draw up in the hills. The horse decided it didn't want to go there. Went to turn and lost its footing. Rolled off the mountain and over this kid. Broke his jaw in two places. Poor young fella isn't any bigger than a tooth pick to start with and now he has to eat through a straw for 6 weeks. Friend of mine always said, "it is he77 to hire on to be tough and then have to go out and prove it."
1 x

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2887
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Dave wrote:This definitely cowboy country. You aren't going to gather cattle with a white bucket or a quad. It is horses and good herding dogs. I leased out the place because there is no way to buy cattle this late in the season and have it be anything but a train wreck. The hired guy of the rancher I leased to has his jaw wired shut. Going across a little draw up in the hills. The horse decided it didn't want to go there. Went to turn and lost its footing. Rolled off the mountain and over this kid. Broke his jaw in two places. Poor young fella isn't any bigger than a tooth pick to start with and now he has to eat through a straw for 6 weeks. Friend of mine always said, "it is he77 to hire on to be tough and then have to go out and prove it."


Dave, I’m proud for you. And that’s an absolutely beautiful place :tiphat: But I regretfully inform you that you need to go back and edit your last post. Didn’t you read the other thread? You can’t use the word ‘cowboy’ anymore. It’s racist, sexist and I can remeber what else but it may offend some readers :hide: :lol2:
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6662
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:00 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
Dave wrote:This definitely cowboy country. You aren't going to gather cattle with a white bucket or a quad. It is horses and good herding dogs. I leased out the place because there is no way to buy cattle this late in the season and have it be anything but a train wreck. The hired guy of the rancher I leased to has his jaw wired shut. Going across a little draw up in the hills. The horse decided it didn't want to go there. Went to turn and lost its footing. Rolled off the mountain and over this kid. Broke his jaw in two places. Poor young fella isn't any bigger than a tooth pick to start with and now he has to eat through a straw for 6 weeks. Friend of mine always said, "it is he77 to hire on to be tough and then have to go out and prove it."


Dave, I’m proud for you. And that’s an absolutely beautiful place :tiphat: But I regretfully inform you that you need to go back and edit your last post. Didn’t you read the other thread? You can’t use the word ‘cowboy’ anymore. It’s racist, sexist and I can remeber what else but it may offend some readers :hide: :lol2:


JMJ, you obviously didn't read my post in that thread. I am personally offended that anyone is offended by the use of the word cowboy and by the media's definition of the term.
1 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6662
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:01 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
Dave wrote:This definitely cowboy country. You aren't going to gather cattle with a white bucket or a quad. It is horses and good herding dogs. I leased out the place because there is no way to buy cattle this late in the season and have it be anything but a train wreck. The hired guy of the rancher I leased to has his jaw wired shut. Going across a little draw up in the hills. The horse decided it didn't want to go there. Went to turn and lost its footing. Rolled off the mountain and over this kid. Broke his jaw in two places. Poor young fella isn't any bigger than a tooth pick to start with and now he has to eat through a straw for 6 weeks. Friend of mine always said, "it is he77 to hire on to be tough and then have to go out and prove it."


Dave, I’m proud for you. And that’s an absolutely beautiful place :tiphat: But I regretfully inform you that you need to go back and edit your last post. Didn’t you read the other thread? You can’t use the word ‘cowboy’ anymore. It’s racist, sexist and I can remeber what else but it may offend some readers :hide: :lol2:


JMJ, you obviously didn't read my post in that thread. I am personally offended that anyone is offended by the use of the word cowboy and by the media's definition of the term.
1 x

User avatar
Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8873
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:46 am
Location: Central Upstate New York
Contact:

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:24 pm

I missed out on that one. Did the word "cowboy" get discussed thru the media?
Dave - BREATH TAKING!!!!
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2887
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Dave wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Dave wrote:This definitely cowboy country. You aren't going to gather cattle with a white bucket or a quad. It is horses and good herding dogs. I leased out the place because there is no way to buy cattle this late in the season and have it be anything but a train wreck. The hired guy of the rancher I leased to has his jaw wired shut. Going across a little draw up in the hills. The horse decided it didn't want to go there. Went to turn and lost its footing. Rolled off the mountain and over this kid. Broke his jaw in two places. Poor young fella isn't any bigger than a tooth pick to start with and now he has to eat through a straw for 6 weeks. Friend of mine always said, "it is he77 to hire on to be tough and then have to go out and prove it."


Dave, I’m proud for you. And that’s an absolutely beautiful place :tiphat: But I regretfully inform you that you need to go back and edit your last post. Didn’t you read the other thread? You can’t use the word ‘cowboy’ anymore. It’s racist, sexist and I can remeber what else but it may offend some readers :hide: :lol2:


JMJ, you obviously didn't read my post in that thread. I am personally offended that anyone is offended by the use of the word cowboy and by the media's definition of the term.


I read it after the fact. But I was just poking fun at you. I wasn’t being serious :tiphat:
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6662
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:49 am

JMJ Farms wrote:
Dave wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Dave, I’m proud for you. And that’s an absolutely beautiful place :tiphat: But I regretfully inform you that you need to go back and edit your last post. Didn’t you read the other thread? You can’t use the word ‘cowboy’ anymore. It’s racist, sexist and I can remeber what else but it may offend some readers :hide: :lol2:


JMJ, you obviously didn't read my post in that thread. I am personally offended that anyone is offended by the use of the word cowboy and by the media's definition of the term.


I read it after the fact. But I was just poking fun at you. I wasn’t being serious :tiphat:[/quote

I knew that you were poking fun. I thought never let a good oppurtunity to be offended pass by. I have been taking lessons from the snowflakes.
2 x

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:38 am

Dave wrote:JMJ, you obviously didn't read my post in that thread. I am personally offended that anyone is offended by the use of the word cowboy and by the media's definition of the term.


It's a good thing you have all that land so you won't offend anyone with your cowboying! Man, that's a pretty place. I could really go for something like that. It looks just like here, how far are you from the Boise area?
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6662
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:00 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Dave wrote:JMJ, you obviously didn't read my post in that thread. I am personally offended that anyone is offended by the use of the word cowboy and by the media's definition of the term.


It's a good thing you have all that land so you won't offend anyone with your cowboying! Man, that's a pretty place. I could really go for something like that. It looks just like here, how far are you from the Boise area?


It is supposed to be 100 miles to Boise. I haven't driven it yet and have no plans to do it any time soon.
0 x

User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4219
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Contact:

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Dave wrote:This is Little Sinker Canyon. I am told it is "famous" deer hunting. It is entirely on my property. I am standing at about 2,700 feet elevation. It is about 4,600 feet at the top. Not a road or a quad trail in it. All either on foot or horseback. And it better be a sure footed horse.

Image


Looks like some Hun, and upland territory. A good dog would be much more entertaining than the deer. ;-)
0 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6662
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:07 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Dave wrote:This is Little Sinker Canyon. I am told it is "famous" deer hunting. It is entirely on my property. I am standing at about 2,700 feet elevation. It is about 4,600 feet at the top. Not a road or a quad trail in it. All either on foot or horseback. And it better be a sure footed horse.

Image


Looks like some Hun, and upland territory. A good dog would be much more entertaining than the deer. ;-)


I have seen a couple flocks of Huns. They say it was great chukar hunting. A tough winter two years ago was hard on them but they are making a come back. I have seen bighorn sheep, turkey in the hills, ducks in the river, elk on the north side of the river, pheasant, and lots of deer. Coyotes that are worth skinning once again. And great colored bobcats that bring big bucks. I won't lack for something to hunt.
3 x


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron, ddd75 and 5 guests