First 8 minutes tells the tale.

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Post Reply
User avatar
Aaron
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4594
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Stratton, ON, Canada
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 121 times
Contact:

First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by Aaron » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:49 pm



cor durum laborem

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 338 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by Brookhill Angus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Aaron wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:49 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QYaYD6UaIN8
Regardless of what breed you raise, my heart goes out to all those affected. This video was AWFUL!

I really hate to see things like this.

May God be with all of you that are hurting, and I hope things get better for you.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally." Oscar Wilde

Hook2.0
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:55 am
Location: NE Tennessee
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by Hook2.0 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:04 pm

Bad situation, I doubt it ever hits the national media though
Proud to be a multiplier

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 338 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by Brookhill Angus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Hook2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:04 pm
Bad situation, I doubt it ever hits the national media though
Of course not, people in the cities just want that nicely wrapped steak or hamburger in their shopping cart, or in the restaurants, they have NO IDEA what goes into making it.

Having been in this for years now, not as many as others on here, but enough to know that this is a greatly underappreciated business, like the guy said.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally." Oscar Wilde

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by ga.prime » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 pm

I don't know, but the train that was blown off the tracks looked like it was hauling double stacked sea containers that were empty which would be plenty unstable in a high wind.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14310
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by Nesikep » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:35 pm

ga.prime wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 pm
I don't know, but the train that was blown off the tracks looked like it was hauling double stacked sea containers that were empty which would be plenty unstable in a high wind.
I saw stuff spilling out of the containers, so they weren't (all) empty.
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 18237
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by greybeard » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:51 pm

I done decided I don't know what mud and cold really are..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiAjeTZ8fLQ
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 338 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by Brookhill Angus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 pm

greybeard wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:51 pm
I done decided I don't know what mud and cold really are..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiAjeTZ8fLQ
Pretty darn rough! Hang in there.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally." Oscar Wilde

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by ga.prime » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Nesikep wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:35 pm
ga.prime wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 pm
I don't know, but the train that was blown off the tracks looked like it was hauling double stacked sea containers that were empty which would be plenty unstable in a high wind.
I saw stuff spilling out of the containers, so they weren't (all) empty.
I didn't see anything. If they were loaded, they would've been much more broken up in my estimation. That train getting blown off the trestle was in New Mexico.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14310
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by Nesikep » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:00 am

ga.prime wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm
Nesikep wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:35 pm
ga.prime wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 pm
I don't know, but the train that was blown off the tracks looked like it was hauling double stacked sea containers that were empty which would be plenty unstable in a high wind.
I saw stuff spilling out of the containers, so they weren't (all) empty.
I didn't see anything. If they were loaded, they would've been much more broken up in my estimation. That train getting blown off the trestle was in New Mexico.
Image
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by ga.prime » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:51 am

That may be something Nesi, can't tell. You know some of those containers they don't even ship back to China anymore? I've seen them advertised for sale after one use.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
Aaron
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4594
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Stratton, ON, Canada
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Post by Aaron » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:10 am

ga.prime wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:51 am
That may be something Nesi, can't tell. You know some of those containers they don't even ship back to China anymore? I've seen them advertised for sale after one use.
Yes, very common for one use. Cheaper to build new in China and ship full rather than send back empty.
cor durum laborem

Post Reply