Baby on the Way

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
Rafter S
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:13 am
Location: Grimes County, TX

Baby on the Way

Postby Rafter S » Thu May 04, 2017 4:16 am

I don't believe I've said anything here about it yet, but my daughter-in-law is pregnant with our first grandchild, due in October. She had an ultrasound last week, and the lady said she was 85% sure it was a girl, but come back later and she'd do another one for free. So she did the second one yesterday, and now it's 100% that it's a boy.

That made me very happy. It's not that I wouldn't have loved a little girl just as much, but my paternal grandparents had three sons, and four grandsons, but only two great-grandsons. It's good to know that if all goes well the family name will be extended one more generation. Maybe that's a guy thing?

And by the way, my daughter-in-law has been sure it's a girl the whole time, but my son and I have pointed out that the oldest child on our paternal side of the tree has been a boy for at least 5 consecutive generations, and we don't plan to break that tradition now.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

M.Magis
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1490
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, Ohio

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby M.Magis » Thu May 04, 2017 5:59 am

Congrats!
0 x

User avatar
gizmom
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2413
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Molino Florida
Contact:

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby gizmom » Thu May 04, 2017 6:07 am

That is wonderful! I used to think people went overboard with talking about grandkids, but then I got some of my own. Now I understand it is impossible to go overboard when it comes to grands! We look forward to pictures!

Gizmom
0 x
Respect give it to get it!

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5577
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby M-5 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:21 am

Make sure you flag this thread to come back and update , I can't explain what happens but I will tell you it's worth all the stuggle when raising your kids. I didn't think it was possible to love something more than your own but it is real in a different way.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10321
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:21 am

M-5 wrote:Make sure you flag this thread to come back and update , I can't explain what happens but I will tell you it's worth all the stuggle when raising your kids. I didn't think it was possible to love something more than your own but it is real in a different way.


I must agree.

Congrats Rafter!
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

rowdyred
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:43 am
Location: North Mississippi

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby rowdyred » Thu May 04, 2017 7:48 am

congratulations!!!!!!!
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2937
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby Bright Raven » Thu May 04, 2017 7:51 am

Congratulations
0 x

littletom
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: southern Ky

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby littletom » Thu May 04, 2017 8:13 am

No guarantee they were 100% sure boy on our 2 year old. Had the neatest room fixed with tractor wall paper, and all. Little paul came out and we had to pick a new name. I would not change a thing about our little daughter Ava. She still has tractor wall paper.
0 x

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2545
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu May 04, 2017 8:30 am

Congratulations!! Being a Grandparent is one of the most Blessed things that can happen to us!!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5577
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby M-5 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:40 am

post a pic of her and ill tell you what she is having , Im pretty accurate at least 50% of the time
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21203
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am

Rafter S wrote:I don't believe I've said anything here about it yet, but my daughter-in-law is pregnant with our first grandchild, due in October. She had an ultrasound last week, and the lady said she was 85% sure it was a girl, but come back later and she'd do another one for free. So she did the second one yesterday, and now it's 100% that it's a boy.

That made me very happy. It's not that I wouldn't have loved a little girl just as much, but my paternal grandparents had three sons, and four grandsons, but only two great-grandsons. It's good to know that if all goes well the family name will be extended one more generation. Maybe that's a guy thing?

And by the way, my daughter-in-law has been sure it's a girl the whole time, but my son and I have pointed out that the oldest child on our paternal side of the tree has been a boy for at least 5 consecutive generations, and we don't plan to break that tradition now.


Congratulations I hope you have a very thick checkbook. The Mrs. on the first like to broke me, and it hasn't gotten better the following 7
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu May 04, 2017 9:36 am

Caustic Burno wrote:Congratulations I hope you have a very thick checkbook. The Mrs. on the first like to broke me, and it hasn't gotten better the following 7


I stopped at one so hopefully my parents will have some money left and I'll get some sort of inheritance.

Congrats on the grand kid!
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23375
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby Jogeephus » Thu May 04, 2017 10:07 am

Congratulations!
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu May 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Congrats!!! That's good news. :)
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

boondocks
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1990
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby boondocks » Thu May 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Congratulations I hope you have a very thick checkbook. The Mrs. on the first like to broke me, and it hasn't gotten better the following 7


I stopped at one so hopefully my parents will have some money left and I'll get some sort of inheritance.

Congrats on the grand kid!


:lol:

Stopped at one but not to protect our inheritance; more like "we better save our $ in case we have to support our broke old folks." I like your version better!
0 x


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests