Baby on the Way

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Baby on the Way

Postby Rafter S » Thu May 04, 2017 4:16 am

I don't believe I've said anything here about it yet, but my daughter-in-law is pregnant with our first grandchild, due in October. She had an ultrasound last week, and the lady said she was 85% sure it was a girl, but come back later and she'd do another one for free. So she did the second one yesterday, and now it's 100% that it's a boy.

That made me very happy. It's not that I wouldn't have loved a little girl just as much, but my paternal grandparents had three sons, and four grandsons, but only two great-grandsons. It's good to know that if all goes well the family name will be extended one more generation. Maybe that's a guy thing?

And by the way, my daughter-in-law has been sure it's a girl the whole time, but my son and I have pointed out that the oldest child on our paternal side of the tree has been a boy for at least 5 consecutive generations, and we don't plan to break that tradition now.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby M.Magis » Thu May 04, 2017 5:59 am

Congrats!
0 x

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Thu May 04, 2017 6:07 am

That is wonderful! I used to think people went overboard with talking about grandkids, but then I got some of my own. Now I understand it is impossible to go overboard when it comes to grands! We look forward to pictures!

Gizmom
0 x
Respect give it to get it!

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:21 am

Make sure you flag this thread to come back and update , I can't explain what happens but I will tell you it's worth all the stuggle when raising your kids. I didn't think it was possible to love something more than your own but it is real in a different way.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:21 am

M-5 wrote:Make sure you flag this thread to come back and update , I can't explain what happens but I will tell you it's worth all the stuggle when raising your kids. I didn't think it was possible to love something more than your own but it is real in a different way.

I must agree.

Congrats Rafter!
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

rowdyred
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby rowdyred » Thu May 04, 2017 7:48 am

congratulations!!!!!!!
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu May 04, 2017 7:51 am

Congratulations
0 x

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Thu May 04, 2017 8:13 am

No guarantee they were 100% sure boy on our 2 year old. Had the neatest room fixed with tractor wall paper, and all. Little paul came out and we had to pick a new name. I would not change a thing about our little daughter Ava. She still has tractor wall paper.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu May 04, 2017 8:30 am

Congratulations!! Being a Grandparent is one of the most Blessed things that can happen to us!!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:40 am

post a pic of her and ill tell you what she is having , Im pretty accurate at least 50% of the time
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am

Rafter S wrote:I don't believe I've said anything here about it yet, but my daughter-in-law is pregnant with our first grandchild, due in October. She had an ultrasound last week, and the lady said she was 85% sure it was a girl, but come back later and she'd do another one for free. So she did the second one yesterday, and now it's 100% that it's a boy.

That made me very happy. It's not that I wouldn't have loved a little girl just as much, but my paternal grandparents had three sons, and four grandsons, but only two great-grandsons. It's good to know that if all goes well the family name will be extended one more generation. Maybe that's a guy thing?

And by the way, my daughter-in-law has been sure it's a girl the whole time, but my son and I have pointed out that the oldest child on our paternal side of the tree has been a boy for at least 5 consecutive generations, and we don't plan to break that tradition now.

Congratulations I hope you have a very thick checkbook. The Mrs. on the first like to broke me, and it hasn't gotten better the following 7
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu May 04, 2017 9:36 am

Caustic Burno wrote:Congratulations I hope you have a very thick checkbook. The Mrs. on the first like to broke me, and it hasn't gotten better the following 7

I stopped at one so hopefully my parents will have some money left and I'll get some sort of inheritance.

Congrats on the grand kid!
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Thu May 04, 2017 10:07 am

Congratulations!
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu May 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Congrats!!! That's good news. :)
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Thu May 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Congratulations I hope you have a very thick checkbook. The Mrs. on the first like to broke me, and it hasn't gotten better the following 7

I stopped at one so hopefully my parents will have some money left and I'll get some sort of inheritance.

Congrats on the grand kid!

:lol:

Stopped at one but not to protect our inheritance; more like "we better save our $ in case we have to support our broke old folks." I like your version better!
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”