Baby on the Way

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
boondocks
GURU
GURU

Re: Baby on the Way

Postby boondocks » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:03 pm

BrangusUSA wrote:I fondly remember the birth of my sons. Mark was 9 pounds 3 ounces. Josh was 9 pounds 13 ounces and born one year later. My mother in law looked over at me and said "Wow, what a good cow - she produces big calves and breeds back quickly."

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd have been sent to the sale barn. One and done and he weighed 3# and change! But excellent genetics, very docile ;)
1 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:35 am

He's over 8 pounds now and doing good. He was pretty thin for a while, but as you can see that's no longer a problem.

3 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:14 am

He looks very determined. Gonna need a haircut soon.

Ken
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:15 am

Got a Good color about him..healthy little feller...
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:14 pm

very sweet, thanks for the update and glad he's doing well. Tell his folks to watch out this fall/winter for RSV (respiratory syncytial (pronounced sin-sish-ul) virus). http://handtohold.org/resources/helpful ... s-to-know/
It's very common in preemies their first winter and can pack a wallop (from experience).
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:04 pm

boondocks wrote:very sweet, thanks for the update and glad he's doing well. Tell his folks to watch out this fall/winter for RSV (respiratory syncytial (pronounced sin-sish-ul) virus). http://handtohold.org/resources/helpful ... s-to-know/
It's very common in preemies their first winter and can pack a wallop (from experience).

I'll pass that along to them. Thank you.
1 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

rnh2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby rnh2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Congrats
0 x
If you're too dumb to be anything else you can be a expert

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:24 pm

boondocks wrote:very sweet, thanks for the update and glad he's doing well. Tell his folks to watch out this fall/winter for RSV (respiratory syncytial (pronounced sin-sish-ul) virus). http://handtohold.org/resources/helpful ... s-to-know/

I showed this to my daughter-in-law, and he had the vaccine for it this past week. Thanks again.
1 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:22 am

Rafter S wrote:

I showed this to my daughter-in-law, and he had the vaccine for it this past week. Thanks again.

You're welcome! Glad to hear they have a vaccine for it now. Our little guy went into seizures when he got the virus (he had problems regulating his temp when he got sick. He could go from normal to 104.5 in a couple minutes. I didn't sleep much! Just had the thermometer on him around the clock! :lol:
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:36 am

Congrats and I agree there is nothing like being a Grandma. He is beautiful and probably be out playing in mud puddles before you know it.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”