So thankful for rain!!!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

So thankful for rain!!!

Postby Highpoint » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 pm

City folks have no idea as I was a city person for more than 50 years and when it did not rain I just turned on the sprinkler. Forgive me as now I pray and look at my neighbors land and realize they have worked so hard and need rain.

It has been awhile since the last rain and tonight a shower came just so thankful.
2 x

sstterry
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: So thankful for rain!!!

Postby sstterry » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Send some our way, ponds are drying up and pasture is like walking on popcorn it crunches so much. I am having to move some cattle to a new field tonight just to avoid feeding hay!
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:26 pm

We are as dry as a popcorn fart around here. We were suppose to have a decent chance yesterday, today and tomorrow but it looks to be staying west. Got all my seed out because of the good chances and it looks like Mother Nature has different ideas.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:35 pm

When I was younger and didn't have cattle,didn't care If it ever rained...now it's consumes my thoughts,, right next to hoping it never snows again... :cowboy:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Highpoint, I'm glad you're getting a bit of rain. If you wouldn't mind, could you send some to Va. please?
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:18 am

We are dry also over here in the valley. North of Harrisonburg Va it is REALLY dry, corn drying up in the field and alot doesn't have much for ears. Now I am dealing with a spring going dry at one place, and hauling water, and will move some out that I was breeding A I because it just is too much to haul water to over 30 head. It's where we calve out the first calf heifers, but has a small barn and head catch so works well for catching cows, like for breeding. No rain in sight for another 10 days at least.
0 x

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 am

Been dry here all month, but had near 2 inches already today.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:11 am

farmerjan wrote:We are dry also over here in the valley. North of Harrisonburg Va it is REALLY dry, corn drying up in the field and alot doesn't have much for ears. Now I am dealing with a spring going dry at one place, and hauling water, and will move some out that I was breeding A I because it just is too much to haul water to over 30 head. It's where we calve out the first calf heifers, but has a small barn and head catch so works well for catching cows, like for breeding. No rain in sight for another 10 days at least.

I hate to hear that, but personally, even with 2011 in mind, I am now of the opinion that there are worse things than drought.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:59 am

farmerjan wrote:We are dry also over here in the valley. North of Harrisonburg Va it is REALLY dry, corn drying up in the field and alot doesn't have much for ears. Now I am dealing with a spring going dry at one place, and hauling water, and will move some out that I was breeding A I because it just is too much to haul water to over 30 head. It's where we calve out the first calf heifers, but has a small barn and head catch so works well for catching cows, like for breeding. No rain in sight for another 10 days at least.

I wondered how it was, over there, on the other side of the mountains. I was in Elkton on Tuesday, it sure is dry there too, so I figured its got to bad where you are as well.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Sure sorry to hear so many without rain. I pray all receive rain and neighbors who too realize how important it is pray for their area farmers for rain.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:30 am

Highpoint wrote:I pray all receive rain

Thanks, now I know who to blame. :)
It would be nice to know where here is. Rain is predicted here for Sunday and Monday.
We don't need it now, as our crops are finished growing and just messes with dry down and harvesting.

When praying rather than pretending that I know what is best or best for all....
I pray for God's will to be done.
1 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:51 am

Son of Butch wrote:
When praying rather than pretending that I know what is best or best for all....
I pray for God's will to be done.

That's right, can't go any further than that....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Thursday we got 6/10ths, the first rain since the 20 inch 3 day rain a month ago. Got some oats planted this afternoon.
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:00 pm

I guess I should have said I pray all who need rain receive rain and Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven. In heaven there is no need of rain. I already know He wishes above all things that we prosper and be in good health as our soul prospers but yes He knows that you do not want rain and your prayer over your land does trump.

He also says where two shall agree as asking Him for anything it shall be theirs. Sounds like some on the board are struggling and need someone to believe with them. That is all.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm

It started raining here today right before dark. 1st rain in 3-4 weeks.
My cows are acting kinda nervous..
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Return to “Coffee Shop”