This one's for Nesikep

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

This one's for Nesikep

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:36 am

0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: This one's for Nesikep

Postby Nesikep » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:38 am

I don't quite see why it's for me.. but it was a well thought out piece :)

There are things that confuse me though.. Kneel to pray to be respectful, stand for the anthem to be respectful, and then lets get into hats.. on or off?
https://youtu.be/NNkkko4vlBs (Trigger warning, people who need a safe space may not like this piece from George Carlin)

When it all comes down to it, respect and patriotism go beyond all this symbolic crap, it's what you DO that matters.. you know, the choices you make on a day to day basis that affect how your country will be viewed, etc.
6 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:47 am

The Canadian hat, ehh.
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:56 am

I like how he talks about not doing something b/c it's unchristian yet drops the F-bomb.

And this video is a just a rehash of the redneck that sits in the truck and talks.

What I'm wondering is how many good, white, Christians are there that rail against those taking money out of the system but they themselves are some sort of government assistance? How many cheat on their wives? How many good "patriots" that stand for the anthem and all that rah, rah, go America stuff cheat on their taxes? Which is essentially handicapping the country, and their state and community, that they profess to love. Or shop in a state that doesn't have sales tax to save a buck? How much money does that Prather guy give to the Wounded Warrior fund? The Pat Tillman Foundation or the Chris Kyle Foundation? Or if he doesn't donate, does he volunteer somewhere to help those that are in need of some sort of assistance? Have these good "Patriots" that stand at the anthem done anything more for their country than to just pay their taxes or do they do community service and make a difference?

What I'm getting at is that just because someone stands for the anthem, or goes to church every week does not make them a good person. In the same light a person that kneels, peacefully, at the anthem to support a cause which they think needs their support is not a bad person.
1 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

Dogs and Cows
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Dogs and Cows » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Nesikep wrote:I don't quite see why it's for me.. but it was a well thought out piece :)

There are things that confuse me though.. Kneel to pray to be respectful, stand for the anthem to be respectful, and then lets get into hats.. on or off?
https://youtu.be/NNkkko4vlBs (Trigger warning, people who need a safe space may not like this piece from George Carlin)

When it all comes down to it, respect and patriotism go beyond all this symbolic crap, it's what you DO that matters.. you know, the choices you make on a day to day basis that affect how your country will be viewed, etc.

Well Nesi...if its a hat trick we all know what to do with the hat! :lol:
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:15 pm

This is more in line with Nesi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2e8btphq_k
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:18 pm

No, Nesi would be standing atop the cow with his hat off when Oh Canada is played.
3 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Dogs and Cows
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Dogs and Cows » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:I like how he talks about not doing something b/c it's unchristian yet drops the F-bomb.

And this video is a just a rehash of the redneck that sits in the truck and talks.

What I'm wondering is how many good, white, Christians are there that rail against those taking money out of the system but they themselves are some sort of government assistance? How many cheat on their wives? How many good "patriots" that stand for the anthem and all that rah, rah, go America stuff cheat on their taxes? Which is essentially handicapping the country, and their state and community, that they profess to love. Or shop in a state that doesn't have sales tax to save a buck? How much money does that Prather guy give to the Wounded Warrior fund? The Pat Tillman Foundation or the Chris Kyle Foundation? Or if he doesn't donate, does he volunteer somewhere to help those that are in need of some sort of assistance? Have these good "Patriots" that stand at the anthem done anything more for their country than to just pay their taxes or do they do community service and make a difference?

What I'm getting at is that just because someone stands for the anthem, or goes to church every week does not make them a good person. In the same light a person that kneels, peacefully, at the anthem to support a cause which they think needs their support is not a bad person.

Is your use of the term redneck meant as a slur?? Just curious...

Also, standing for the Anthem for me is honoring every service man and woman that has served this country...Including my son, my future son in law, my father, my grandfathers, my father in law...as well as all the great men and women that serve that I do not know, but sure appreciate everything they have done for this country. Heck, I am in NC and a big hockey fan...and I used to get choked up on the hockey night in Canada intermission show when they showed the names and pictures of the Canadian youngsters who had lost their lives in service to their country. So I do take it personally that these folks are showing disrespect to the people that fought/fight to allow them to do so...I am a believer that they have the right of free speech to demonstrate in this manner...especially if the NFL allows it...but I and everyone else sure has the right to speak our minds about how we think.

Lastly, you talk a lot about taxes...I am in love with the United States of America not with the federal government...the federal government has engaged in mission creep since FDR. I take care of my and my own as my family comes first. It is then up to us to decide where excess monies go to help the less fortunate...church, Shriners hospital for children, St. Jude...local animal shelter...where ever someone want to contribute (these are just examples). The federal government has proven way too many times that they waist my tax contributions on things they have no business being involved in.

These are just my thoughts, so please don't think of me as some heartless person...I am just a fella who is self made (never got a gov handout), pays his "share" of taxes only to be abused by those who think they know better what to do with my money, and who donates time and resources to my community. Funny thing...the taxes folks pay...how many liberals volunteer to pay more taxes to help the unfortunate??? They always want someone else to pay more...never them..wonder why?

Long ramble...sorry.

Tim
3 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:I like how he talks about not doing something b/c it's unchristian yet drops the F-bomb.

You could have saved a lot of time and thought! You are saying:

We are all HYPOCRITES. yep, we are.
3 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Dogs and Cows wrote:Is your use of the term redneck meant as a slur?? Just curious...

Also, standing for the Anthem for me is honoring every service man and woman that has served this country...Including my son, my future son in law, my father, my grandfathers, my father in law...as well as all the great men and women that serve that I do not know, but sure appreciate everything they have done for this country. Heck, I am in NC and a big hockey fan...and I used to get choked up on the hockey night in Canada intermission show when they showed the names and pictures of the Canadian youngsters who had lost their lives in service to their country. So I do take it personally that these folks are showing disrespect to the people that fought/fight to allow them to do so...I am a believer that they have the right of free speech to demonstrate in this manner...especially if the NFL allows it...but I and everyone else sure has the right to speak our minds about how we think.

Lastly, you talk a lot about taxes...I am in love with the United States of America not with the federal government...the federal government has engaged in mission creep since FDR. I take care of my and my own as my family comes first. It is then up to us to decide where excess monies go to help the less fortunate...church, Shriners hospital for children, St. Jude...local animal shelter...where ever someone want to contribute (these are just examples). The federal government has proven way too many times that they waist my tax contributions on things they have no business being involved in.

These are just my thoughts, so please don't think of me as some heartless person...I am just a fella who is self made (never got a gov handout), pays his "share" of taxes only to be abused by those who think they know better what to do with my money, and who donates time and resources to my community. Funny thing...the taxes folks pay...how many liberals volunteer to pay more taxes to help the unfortunate??? They always want someone else to pay more...never them..wonder why?

Long ramble...sorry.

Tim

Not really a slur per se, just a commentary on the commentary guy.

I understand what you're saying about paying taxes, no one likes to do it. And like you, I hate seeing how much money is taken out of my checks and then see people spending on items that I deem wasteful. What I was referring to, rather, where the folks that skimp out on paying it in some way. Hiding their money here and there, and being deceitful about themselves, ie. not being a good member of society. Personally, I donate money to several charities and I donate as many items as I can to my local schools and libraries.

And I will agree that those who feel like the rest of us "regular" folks need to pay more in taxes, can do their fare share and pay extra if they'd like.

There are many things that can make someone a patriot in my opinion, it does not simply stop at serving in the military. In fact, I believe that "Thank you for your service" has become one of the biggest platitudes in society. And I don't mean that to disrespect anyone who has ever served. It has just been said so many times by so many people in a capacity of "I need to say this because it's politically correct" that it has lost it's meaning. It's akin to every time a politician gets caught with their pants down they apologize because that's what we all want to hear. I believe that any person that opens a manufacturing facility in America would be eligible to be labeled a patriot. Anyone that serves their fellow citizens in any capacity to achieve a better world for us can be construed as a patriot. This includes police, fire/EMS, teachers, priests/ministers/chaplains (minus the megachurch guys and gals), hospital volunteers, those working for the Red Cross, those working in government because they care (and yes, I know a few believe it or not).

Finally, I don't believe you're a heartless person. A heartless person doesn't passionately, and politely debate something like this, especially online. This has hit a passionate fiber in America's heart, and we do need to debate what makes a patriot a patriot, because labeling everyone that stands for the anthem as one and everyone who doesn't isn't, isn't necessarily the truth.
2 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:24 pm

I bow my head to pray, I stand at attention to anthem. I pay my taxes. I don't cheat on my wife. I never even cheated on a girlfriend. I don't lie. I apologize when I'm wrong( which is a lot) I am very polite unless you're rude to me then I can be very impolite. I open doors for women. And I say sir and ma'am.
Because that's how I was raised.
It's customary in this country to stand at attention for the anthem. To not do so is bad manners and shows sorry upbringing.
Most of these people you are supporting don't know what their even protesting. And that they don't have the right to do it at work should their employers. The NFL forbid it.
5 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Bright Raven wrote:This is more in line with Nesi:

He's getting a little big to be playing like that.. at least I think it's a steer
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:58 pm

After some thought since this kneeling thing started and my participation in the Kneeling thread that got locked.

Personally, it does not affect me one way or the other if someone does not stand during the National Athenm. I do but tomorrow, I may decide not to. If I become disillusioned with our nation which is not out of the question, I may not stand.

To me this issue truly defines freedom and liberty. If someone does not stand for the National Athenm, I am going to assume they have a justifiable reason. For all I know, maybe they have a bad case of hemorrhoids and the pain is unbearable.
1 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Nesikep wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:This is more in line with Nesi:

He's getting a little big to be playing like that.. at least I think it's a steer

He's just making him safe for his family to be around :(
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Or someone needs to give them a case of hemorrhoids with a boot.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Coffee Shop”