No cows

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Dave
GURU
GURU

No cows

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:17 pm

So for the first time in a lot of years I have no cows. Sold the last of them 2 weeks ago. I have made way too many trips in moving. Who knew that a person had this much stuff. it is 200 miles one way from this place to the new one. I have made 3 trips pulling a 20 foot GN stock trailer, 4 trips with a 24 foot GN flatbed. and one trip pulling the boat. I have two more trips left. I left here at 6:30 this morning and back at 3:30. I sure wouldn't want to be a truck driver.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Re: No cows

Postby slick4591 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:03 pm

I've moved so many times over the years that I'd lots rather take a good whoopin' than do it again. Glad you're almost there and there's always more cows to be found.
2 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:34 pm

slick4591 wrote:I've moved so many times over the years that I'd lots rather take a good whoopin' than do it again. Glad you're almost there and there's always more cows to be found.
me to,, want to die right here.. Even the thought of moving wears me out...
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:21 pm

slick4591 wrote:I've moved so many times over the years that I'd lots rather take a good whoopin' than do it again. Glad you're almost there and there's always more cows to be found.

You know you've moved to many times when you walk out to the henhouse and the chickens lay down and cross their legs you you can tie them to move them.
1 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:42 pm

dun wrote:

You know you've moved to many times when you walk out to the henhouse and the chickens lay down and cross their legs you you can tie them to move them.

:lol2: :lol2:
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:43 pm

Dave wrote:So for the first time in a lot of years I have no cows. Sold the last of them 2 weeks ago. I have made way too many trips in moving. Who knew that a person had this much stuff. it is 200 miles one way from this place to the new one. I have made 3 trips pulling a 20 foot GN stock trailer, 4 trips with a 24 foot GN flatbed. and one trip pulling the boat. I have two more trips left. I left here at 6:30 this morning and back at 3:30. I sure wouldn't want to be a truck driver.

:o Good grief! That's a lot of miles. I'm glad to hear you're almost finished.
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:02 pm

I hate moving. We plan on building a new house so I know will have to pack up this one and put stuff in storage (probably just buy another container for the place) then move it into the new house but I never want to leave this property. When we moved out here found out we had so much stuff we never used made a huge donation to Goodwill might need to do even more.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 pm

I know how much of a nightmare it would be moving all our stuff from here.. it would take about 4 semi trucks just to do the equipment, and that's optimistic, then all the odds and ends.. shop equipment, etc... I've moved enough in my life too
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Dave wrote:So for the first time in a lot of years I have no cows. Sold the last of them 2 weeks ago. I have made way too many trips in moving. Who knew that a person had this much stuff. it is 200 miles one way from this place to the new one. I have made 3 trips pulling a 20 foot GN stock trailer, 4 trips with a 24 foot GN flatbed. and one trip pulling the boat. I have two more trips left. I left here at 6:30 this morning and back at 3:30. I sure wouldn't want to be a truck driver.

3 x 20 = 60. 4 x 24 = 96. 96 + 60 = 156' long by width by height. That is a lot of cubic feet of belongings! And you got more to go!!
1 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 pm

You see where all your money went, when you move. It's kinda shocking actually.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm

On top of that stuff I am taking with me I took three trailer loads of stuff to the Equipment/Misc auction they have at the cow sale. I don't know how many trips to the dump. Three trips to the scrap metal recycle and they came and hauled off an old one ton flatbed and a scrap mower conditioner. It is amazing how much stuff a person gathers up in almost 38 years living in one place. I am sure that leaving after living here that long will eventually hit, but for now I am too busy.
1 x

plumber_greg
GURU
GURU

Postby plumber_greg » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:13 am

Wacko cowboy, don't donate to goodwill. Use others. Goodwill benefits no one other than the owner. It is a scam, he made 2.3 million last year selling donated clothes. Zero dollars went to the poor or to the public for Philip ranting purposes. During auto correct. Just FYI. Gs
0 x
Just call me plumberscrack

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:33 am

plumber_greg wrote:Wacko cowboy, don't donate to goodwill. Use others. Goodwill benefits no one other than the owner. It is a scam, he made 2.3 million last year selling donated clothes. Zero dollars went to the poor or to the public for Philip ranting purposes. During auto correct. Just FYI. Gs

:???: :???: :???:
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:52 am

Workinonit Farm wrote:
plumber_greg wrote:Wacko cowboy, don't donate to goodwill. Use others. Goodwill benefits no one other than the owner. It is a scam, he made 2.3 million last year selling donated clothes. Zero dollars went to the poor or to the public for Philip ranting purposes. During auto correct. Just FYI. Gs

Sniffing that PVC cement again... :cowboy:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:56 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Workinonit Farm wrote:

Sniffing that PVC cement again... :cowboy:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”