Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23316
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:43 pm

It was announced this week that women will be allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia and all things being equal I imagine they are blaming Trump and the USA for this catastrophe.

Could this mean war? Maybe. Maybe not. The glimmering hope for continued peace is the fact that Saudi Arabia - like most countries - require a driver's license and since a woman's name is considered so intimate and private under Sharia Law that women are not known by their real name other than by their closest family members and this name is rarely spoken.

Peace could still be assured since only the woman's male guardian has to approve the woman's application for all legal matters such as a driver's license and this is doubtful given their views on love, tolerance and peace. Also, if permission were to be granted, the woman's name cannot be used on the driver's license since this would be considered promiscuous under Sharia Law and punishable by death. Instead, for identification purposes the Department of Motor Safety might use something on the lines of The Sixth Wife of Muhammad Ali Jawdat al-Aiyub to describe this being cloaked in black.

Scary times. Scary times. First it was Rocket Man and now its the Black Death. ;-)
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:43 pm

The Thorobred Horse industry in Lexington sure hopes there is no war with the Saudis. They keep our economy turning. When they are not buying beautiful horses, they are riding fast women. :hide:

Every hardboot here who makes a living breeding and selling horses knows that Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum is the ruler of Dubai, a desert kingdom on the Persian Gulf, which he has transformed into a tourist and business capital.

Most of them, however, know him as Sheik Mo, a horseman who for nearly 25 years has arrived each year at Blue Grass Airport by private jumbo jet and has spent hundreds of millions of dollars on horses.

Although the sheik and the company his family controls encountered security concerns and had to abandon an attempt to run six United States port operations in March, he is treated like a fellow horseman here in Lexington, home of his thriving racing and breeding business.


Stories I hear say they only employ the finest escort services!
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13495
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Does he sport a cowboy hat, or does he look like Shiite....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:36 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Does he sport a cowboy hat, or does he look like Shiite....


A Sheikh? In a cowboy hat? I doubt it.

Image
0 x

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23316
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:41 pm

I bet his wives have chauffeurs.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:02 pm

Jogeephus wrote:I bet his wives have chauffeurs.


Peanuts!!! His wives probably each own a State. I think his main wife owns Georgia. Lol
0 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3644
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Women allowed to drive coincides with the availability of self driving cars.... coincidence?

Years ago my brother-in-law was there overseeing installation of irrigation equipment.
One of his favorite stories was about Arabs flying down the roads in pick up trucks, women in the back and goats
riding inside the cab, so they wouldn't fall out.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13495
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Son of Butch wrote:Women allowed to drive coincides with the availability of self driving cars.... coincidence?

Years ago my brother-in-law was there overseeing installation of irrigation equipment.
One of his favorite stories was about Arabs flying down the roads in pick up trucks, women in the back and goats
riding inside the cab, so they wouldn't fall out.
sure he wasn't in Alabama... :cowboy:
2 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13495
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:Does he sport a cowboy hat, or does he look like Shiite....


A Sheikh? In a cowboy hat? I doubt it.

Image
from the look on his face,,his horse musta lost...
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:56 pm

As long as George Bush is alive, there is no chance of a War with the Sauds:

Image
0 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1938
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby boondocks » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:33 am

Bright Raven wrote:As long as George Bush is alive, there is no chance of a War with the Sauds:

Image


excellent book. I had no idea the extent of the US history there over, what, 100 years?
0 x

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23316
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:24 am

Looks like Saudi Arabia may be trendsetters in social justice because other governments are following suit. Lot of truth in, "it only takes a spark to get a fire going".

http://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/women-drivers/
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23316
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 am

Bright Raven wrote:Every hardboot here who makes a living breeding and selling horses knows that Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum is the ruler of Dubai, a desert kingdom on the Persian Gulf, which he has transformed into a tourist and business capital.


Is this the hotel he built?

Image

Coincidentally, this is also a picture of the accomplice to the shooting at the Jason Aldean concert last night.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

djinwa
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1033
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby djinwa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:58 am

Never will fight them. They own us.

We send them trillions for oil, then we spend trillions fighting their wars, as we did with Saddam.

http://www.history.com/topics/persian-gulf-war
On August 3, the United Nations Security Council called for Iraq to withdraw from Kuwait; three days later, King Fahd met with U.S. Secretary of Defense Richard Cheney to request U.S. military assistance. On August 8, the day on which the Iraqi government formally annexed Kuwait–Hussein called it Iraq’s “19th province”–the first U.S. Air Force fighter planes began arriving in Saudi Arabia as part of a military buildup dubbed Operation Desert Shield.


All that money over there and the Saudis can't afford their own military. Guess they'd rather buy horses.

And 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi, so we then invaded Iraq!

Thank goodness our troops were "fighting for our freedom"!
1 x
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
-Mahatma Ghandi

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Could this mean war with Saudi Arabia?

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:27 am

djinwa wrote:Never will fight them. They own us.

We send them trillions for oil, then we spend trillions fighting their wars, as we did with Saddam.

http://www.history.com/topics/persian-gulf-war
On August 3, the United Nations Security Council called for Iraq to withdraw from Kuwait; three days later, King Fahd met with U.S. Secretary of Defense Richard Cheney to request U.S. military assistance. On August 8, the day on which the Iraqi government formally annexed Kuwait–Hussein called it Iraq’s “19th province”–the first U.S. Air Force fighter planes began arriving in Saudi Arabia as part of a military buildup dubbed Operation Desert Shield.


All that money over there and the Saudis can't afford their own military. Guess they'd rather buy horses.

And 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi, so we then invaded Iraq!

Thank goodness our troops were "fighting for our freedom"!


You put it pretty well. I don't think they own us but we sure are their tenants.
0 x


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests