Vegas shooting

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
callmefence
GURU
GURU

Vegas shooting

Postby callmefence » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:21 am

Bad bad deal. Why I don't go to events like this. A cc hand gun wouldn't have been much use here..bad bad deal.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Vegas shooting

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:23 am

Bad deal all the way around.. Yes that's also why I avoid big events. They are on CNN talking about how bad semi auto assault rifles are.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:59 am

callmefence wrote:Bad bad deal. Why I don't go to events like this. A cc hand gun wouldn't have been much use here..bad bad deal.

Its inevitable, there will be limits on the types of arms that a citizen can bear. Might take years or more events like this, but restrictions are coming. A Nation cannot tolerate events like this.

Regarding the level of protection provided by being armed: you are correct. In fact, even faced with equal power, if an assailant is motivated and calculating, being armed is no defense. There is no defense from an assassin, lone wolf or ambush.
Last edited by Bright Raven on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:59 am

skyhightree1 wrote:Bad deal all the way around.. Yes that's also why I avoid big events. They are on CNN talking about how bad semi auto assault rifles are.

Reports that I heard this morning are saying that the shooter was using a fully automatic weapon.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:04 am

TN Cattle Man wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Bad deal all the way around.. Yes that's also why I avoid big events. They are on CNN talking about how bad semi auto assault rifles are.

Reports that I heard this morning are saying that the shooter was using a fully automatic weapon.

They are not illegal as I understand it. Here is the link:

http://www.oldglorygunsandammo.com/nfa- ... i-weapons/

Class III NFA Weapons / Title 2 firearms are not as commonly known nor as straight forward as the Title 1 firearms. All class III / title 2 weapons fall into 1 of 6 different categories.

1) Machineguns,

2) Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs),

3) Short Barreled Shotguns (SBSs),

4) Suppressors,

5) Any Other Weapon (AOWs) and

6) Destructive Devices.

All title 2 firearms are regulated by what’s known as the National Firearm Act or what we refer to as NFA. One could spend months reading about NFA but I’ll hit the major misconceptions… which are, contrary to the assumptions by many individuals AND even law enforcement, that NFA weaponry …

1) Is legal in almost every state. Most all 6 categories above are allowed in just about all states within the Continental United States. A few states restrict machinegun ownership, others may restrict short barreled shotguns (SBSs) or suppressors, etc.
Last edited by Bright Raven on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:08 am

TN Cattle Man wrote:

Fox is reporting that it was a fully automatic weapon. And the shooter had a extensive criminal record.
So the guns where already illegal.
0 x

David Crockett

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:11 am

callmefence wrote:
TN Cattle Man wrote:

Fox is reporting that it was a fully automatic weapon. And the shooter had a extensive criminal record.

His rights are affected by his criminal record. However, fully automatic weapons are not illegal in all states.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:19 am

callmefence wrote:
TN Cattle Man wrote:

Figures CNN didn't know what they are talking about.
1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:23 am

Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:
TN Cattle Man wrote:Reports that I heard this morning are saying that the shooter was using a fully automatic weapon.

His rights are affected by his criminal record. However, fully automatic weapons are not illegal in all states.

Full auto requires a permit and an extensive background check but there are lots of them around. There is a place in KY you can go and shoot most any kind you can imagine. You pay for the ammo and the opportunity to try one under their supervision.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:35 am

kenny thomas wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:

Full auto requires a permit and an extensive background check but there are lots of them around. There is a place in KY you can go and shoot most any kind you can imagine. You pay for the ammo and the opportunity to try one under their supervision.

I hear them every weekend here.
0 x

Dogs and Cows
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Dogs and Cows » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:42 am

Very sorry to hear about all this...thoughts and prayers to all affected.

Tim
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:47 am

Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:
TN Cattle Man wrote:Reports that I heard this morning are saying that the shooter was using a fully automatic weapon.

I'm repeating what fox reported. Although as Kenny stated. A permit is required. And it's not easy to get. It's looking like the only thing this guy could have carried legally would have been a musket.
Not to take away from the loss of human life that occurred. I am not ashamed to say thank God it was not a legally permitted person who did this.
3 x

David Crockett

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:51 am

callmefence wrote:Bad bad deal. Why I don't go to events like this. A cc hand gun wouldn't have been much use here..bad bad deal.

We have a bunch of loose screws in society today. Rehab along with medication hasn't worked well we need to go back to mad dog treatment you kill it. We should do it publicly as well.
The prison system needs to return to chain gang.
This guy might have fallen through the cracks there are countless others we play catch and release with.
I think a lot of this would go away also if the 24 hour news cycle did as well they breed a lot of this crap IMO for some reason.
2 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 am

Have they figured out his motive ?
Why target a Jason Aldean concert ?
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 am

Cross-7 wrote:Have figured out his motive ?
Why target a Jason Aldean concert ?

These kind of guys are nuts!
There is no motive for this kind of stuff.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Return to “Coffee Shop”