Vegas shooting

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: Vegas shooting

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Cross-7 wrote:Have figured out his motive ?
Why target a Jason Aldean concert ?

These kind of guys are nuts!
There is no motive for this kind of stuff.

You are absolutely correct CB... Evil is Evil!!
1 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:21 am

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but there are other news sites besides Fox News. According to two other sites I looked at, the shooter has had no contact with police except for a minor traffic violation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/s ... ooter.html
• Mr. Paddock was a resident of Mesquite, Nev., about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Quinn Averett, a spokesman for the Mesquite police, said the department has had no previous contact with Mr. Paddock.

• The Las Vegas police also had nothing more than a routine traffic violation on Mr. Paddock, according to Kevin McMahill, the department’s undersheriff.

This is from Fox. Not sure how this information leads to him having limited access to heavy duty firepower:
Federal law enforcement sources told Fox News that Paddock "was known to local authorities," in Las Vegas. But police in Mesquite, where Paddock lived, said he never had any run-ins with officers, the Desert Valley Times reported.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 am

Cross-7 wrote:Have they figured out his motive ?
Why target a Jason Aldean concert ?

Sometimes the motives are illogical fantasies. No one knows what makes these people tick. He is dead so we may never know what thoughts occupied his mind.

Stopping an assassin or lone wolf makes for good movies but in reality the strategy is limited to providing layers of surveillance and security.

Punishment is not an effective means of prevention. This guy like so many others are usually shot and killed. Punishment by death would not seem to prevent acts of this extreme nature. In fact, for some, incarceration is more of a deterrent than death. Even the episodes of going "postal" are geared toward "suicide by cop".

Gun control aimed at the fully automatic weapons might prevent some. It is not going to stop everyone capable of such an act from getting fully automatic weapons but if it prevents one act of this nature every 3 years, many would say it is worth the lost of that freedom to the few people who might legally desire a fully automatic hand or shoulder fired weapon.
0 x

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:29 am

Based on what I've read it's a twisted tale with more people involved and wasn't a random act.
Danley, 4’11 and 111 pounds per Sheriff Lombardo, was reportedly traveling with Paddock, and has been located by officers.

Danley is married to a man named Geary Danely, a man interested in left-wing causes.
Last edited by Cross-7 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:30 am

Bestoutwest wrote:I don't know if you guys know this or not, but there are other news sites besides Fox News. According to two other sites I looked at, the shooter has had no contact with police except for a minor traffic violation.

• Mr. Paddock was a resident of Mesquite, Nev., about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Quinn Averett, a spokesman for the Mesquite police, said the department has had no previous contact with Mr. Paddock.

• The Las Vegas police also had nothing more than a routine traffic violation on Mr. Paddock, according to Kevin McMahill, the department’s undersheriff.

This is from Fox. Not sure how this information leads to him having limited access to heavy duty firepower:
Federal law enforcement sources told Fox News that Paddock "was known to local authorities," in Las Vegas. But police in Mesquite, where Paddock lived, said he never had any run-ins with officers, the Desert Valley Times reported.

The news people are in such a rush to be FIRST, who knows what to believe. The news in all it's forms has failed us.
3 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:55 am

ISIS is claiming responsibility.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 am

slick4591 wrote:ISIS is claiming responsibility.

I was just getting ready to post that... I wonder how true it is.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:28 am

I hate to write this, but as sad as times are getting it has to be considered.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:29 am

Bestoutwest wrote:I don't know if you guys know this or not, but there are other news sites besides Fox News. According to two other sites I looked at, the shooter has had no contact with police except for a minor traffic violation.

Actually there is not even Fox is left leaning.
I have trouble believing any of them as they all have an agenda and news is not it.
3 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:32 am

Terrible tragedy, so senseless. Can't help but wonder if tv and movies aren't at least in part to blame for things of that nature.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:54 am

slick4591 wrote:I hate to write this, but as sad as times are getting it has to be considered.

I agree. It is a means to accomplish their objectives. So you have to consider it! Its a wonder they have not carried out these kind of acts.
Last edited by Bright Raven on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:54 am

Just wait I bet a dollar this is going to get much deeper once they get to digging around. This was well planned.
2 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:56 am

Ky hills wrote:Terrible tragedy, so senseless. Can't help but wonder if tv and movies aren't at least in part to blame for things of that nature.

All the publicity they give to the bad things and having a weak minded individual that can't accept they will never be famous without doing something to become famous. IMO thats a bad combination that does happen. The other side is the ISIS aspect.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:31 am

I have not read anything about this tragedy except this thread, but I agree..there is no "acceptable or understandable' motive for this. Evil and/or deranged minds can't be understood by people with a consciences or good moral path to follow thru society.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:13 pm

So many negative impacts; not withstanding the loss of life and suffering of those survived, but also how this event will be utilized to further the media driven agenda of trading away your rights for government provided 'security'. No accident it was a Jason Aldean concert either...
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

Return to “Coffee Shop”