Vegas shooting

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Vegas shooting

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:35 pm

I watched some videos of the shooting and some fool had a beer drinking it and was shooting the bird in the gun mans direction off as he kept shooting... FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Actually there is not even Fox is left leaning.
I have trouble believing any of them as they all have an agenda and news is not it.

You're not kidding. It's sad that our news agencies are so financially motivated, but the reality is that no one would do it for free, either.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:12 pm

bball wrote:So many negative impacts; not withstanding the loss of life and suffering of those survived, but also how this event will be utilized to further the media driven agenda of trading away your rights for government provided 'security'. No accident it was a Jason Aldean concert either...

I wondered about that as well
It was a planned attack but was it just coincidence that it was an Jason Aldean concert or was it to target the type of people that would be attracted to that type of concert ?
2 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Cross-7 wrote:
bball wrote:So many negative impacts; not withstanding the loss of life and suffering of those survived, but also how this event will be utilized to further the media driven agenda of trading away your rights for government provided 'security'. No accident it was a Jason Aldean concert either...

It was a planned attack but was it just coincidence that it was an Jason Aldean concert or was it to target the type of people that would be attracted to that type of concert ?

I suspect the latter to be true. Time will tell I suppose.
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:22 pm

While an act like the one at the Ariana Grande concert was likely more opportunistic...the crowd type there was targeted for a different reason possibly.
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm going to take it all with a grain of salt till the dust settles.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:28 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:I watched some videos of the shooting and some fool had a beer drinking it and was shooting the bird in the gun mans direction off as he kept shooting... FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I hope nobody thinks less of me for joking. It's just my nature.
JASON ALDEEN CAN RUN LIKE THE WIND.
5 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:50 pm

You just don't see senior ''American''
men or women connecting with Isis... Don't have to be a expert marksman to do what he did with a fully automatic.and from his vantage point..like shooting fish in a barrel...just a depressed nut who wanted to take others out with him...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:03 pm

bball wrote:
Cross-7 wrote:

I suspect the latter to be true. Time will tell I suppose.

I don't know. I can see it, but I can also see it as a crazed individual choosing a massive crowd with little to no security from his vantage point, ie it was opportunistic happenstance that put those poor people in his path. I'm not jumping to conclusions b/c we have no idea until the police uncover anything, if there actually is anything to uncover.
1 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Just a sad day.
2 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:36 pm

A little extra scary for a while. The oldest son, his wife, hunting partner and wife are in Vegas. Hear from them this morning through facebook. One does wonder when you don't hear from them.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:11 am

callmefence wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:I watched some videos of the shooting and some fool had a beer drinking it and was shooting the bird in the gun mans direction off as he kept shooting... FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I hope nobody thinks less of me for joking. It's just my nature.
JASON ALDEEN CAN RUN LIKE THE WIND.

" watch the young man runnin' .....Against the wind "
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

danl
Rancher
Rancher

Postby danl » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:44 am

"CBS has parted ways with one of the company’s top lawyers after she said she was “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican,” when discussing the mass shooting that unfolded in Las Vegas late Sunday night. "

I copied and pasted this, kind of gives you an idea of the mindset of liberals.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:03 am

danl wrote:"CBS has parted ways with one of the company’s top lawyers after she said she was “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican,” when discussing the mass shooting that unfolded in Las Vegas late Sunday night. "

It's no different than extremely religious people stating someone got what they got b/c they're a "sinner." (Like those folks that picket soldiers' funerals, and the folks that blame natural disasters on "the sins of America") People on both sides of the aisle have the ability to be huge jerks, and unfortunately it makes the entire group look bad. It's like a person basing the health of another's herd on the one old cow in the pen. I know a lot of great conservative, religious people and I know a lot of great liberal, agnostic/atheistic people.

Full disclosure: I have been registered, at one point in my life, with both major political parties. Neither have served my needs better than the other. As a middle class, white, straight male with no official church affiliation, I feel let down by both parties. Like many a good feral cats, politically speaking, I don't trust anyone.
3 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:55 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
danl wrote:"CBS has parted ways with one of the company’s top lawyers after she said she was “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican,” when discussing the mass shooting that unfolded in Las Vegas late Sunday night. "

It's no different than extremely religious people stating someone got what they got b/c they're a "sinner." (Like those folks that picket soldiers' funerals, and the folks that blame natural disasters on "the sins of America") People on both sides of the aisle have the ability to be huge jerks, and unfortunately it makes the entire group look bad. It's like a person basing the health of another's herd on the one old cow in the pen. I know a lot of great conservative, religious people and I know a lot of great liberal, agnostic/atheistic people.

Full disclosure: I have been registered, at one point in my life, with both major political parties. Neither have served my needs better than the other. As a middle class, white, straight male with no official church affiliation, I feel let down by both parties. Like many a good feral cats, politically speaking, I don't trust anyone.

I agree. I often think of some of the crude comments that were made about Michelle Obama. Someone once characterized Michelle Obama as an " ape in high heels". Truth of the matter is she looks better than 90 % of the people I see every day. I think what it says is that 80% of the human race are petty jerks.
1 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”