Vegas 2017

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Vegas 2017

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Why would they do autopsy on those kids in Vegas?
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Re: Vegas 2017

Postby slick4591 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:39 pm

Unattended deaths, and if an accomplice is located and charged the evidence has to be there in case of a trial. It's a "manner and means" thing as charged in any indictment.
1 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:03 pm

"Under most state law(s) it is “required” to ‘officially’ establish the cause of death." That's what I heard.
0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:05 pm

slick4591 wrote:Unattended deaths, and if an accomplice is located and charged the evidence has to be there in case of a trial. It's a "manner and means" thing as charged in any indictment.

What if I don't want my kid cut up ?
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:17 am

You would probably have to get a court order. I've never dealt with that tho.
1 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:13 am

Slick, maybe you can help on this, to make sure someone didn't take the opportunity and kill someone by some other means. Just a thought.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:31 am

Bestoutwest wrote:Slick, maybe you can help on this, to make sure someone didn't take the opportunity and kill someone by some other means. Just a thought.

Guess you're talking about an opportunistic second killer? Always a possibility and an autopsy should uncover that. Autopsies are not always the gory picture we conjure up in our minds. They can be anywhere to a visual and blood test to the open cavity kind. Just depends on each circumstance.
2 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:27 am

The young man that North Korea killed, Otto Warimbier's (sp?) family requested that there not be a full autopsy, so there was only a non invasive physical examination. Don't know the law on that, but seems the family would have some say so.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:59 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:The young man that North Korea killed, Otto Warimbier's (sp?) family requested that there not be a full autopsy, so there was only a non invasive physical examination. Don't know the law on that, but seems the family would have some say so.

I thought that was weird. I'd want to know why my kid died, but hey, that's me.

slick4591 wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:Slick, maybe you can help on this, to make sure someone didn't take the opportunity and kill someone by some other means. Just a thought.

Guess you're talking about an opportunistic second killer? Always a possibility and an autopsy should uncover that. Autopsies are not always the gory picture we conjure up in our minds. They can be anywhere to a visual and blood test to the open cavity kind. Just depends on each circumstance.

Yeah, and I know that that scenario is WAAAAAAAAYYY out in left field, but if you've worked law enforcement, medical, fire, etc, you know that weird stuff happens all the time.
1 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:The young man that North Korea killed, Otto Warimbier's (sp?) family requested that there not be a full autopsy, so there was only a non invasive physical examination. Don't know the law on that, but seems the family would have some say so.

That seems logical, but in most murder cases it goes back to proving the allegations in the indictment. I believe any court would overrule the family in a murder situation. In the case you cited there is no one to prosecute so why not oblige the family. I'm sure there's case law on this somewhere.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:Yeah, and I know that that scenario is WAAAAAAAAYYY out in left field, but if you've worked law enforcement, medical, fire, etc, you know that weird stuff happens all the time.

Perry Mason or Matlock kinda stuff there.
0 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Weren't there a few (or at least one) instance of someone taking "advantage" of 9/11 or hurricane to claim loved one died/disappeared?
1 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:

I thought that was weird. I'd want to know why my kid died, but hey, that's me.

They pretty much knew the 'how' he died...and more than likely the coroner would have to saw the poor kid up..
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:04 pm

boondocks wrote:Weren't there a few (or at least one) instance of someone taking "advantage" of 9/11 or hurricane to claim loved one died/disappeared?

Yes, but I have no specifics or "links" to back it up.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Return to “Coffee Shop”