bump fire stocks

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:43 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:I never saw anywhere in the consistution that it said you can't have a full auto ar-15, or a Browning 50 cal. I did see something about the federal government "shall not enfrigried."

Its kindof funny but if you go back and read some letters between Madison(?) and Jefferson they had a debate about a man who owned a cannon. The people in the town thought this wrong for him to have it and wanted to confiscate it. Madison(?) and Jefferson wrote to each other talking about this and Jefferson said something along these lines, "sure he should be able to keep it afterall who wouldn't want to own a cannon". :lol2: I think in the end the city ordinance won out. :lol2:
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:03 am

Mexico's govt thought Gonzales shouldn't have a cannon. We know how that turned out...
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:54 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
ddd75 wrote:but you like our freedoms being taken.

No not at all, and I will fight against government over reach to the end. I was just stating a facts.

:lol: :lol: Except when it comes to cattle and farming then you want the government to pass all sorts of laws like COOL that will do nothing but create more feel-good bureaucracy.

Your idea of COOL and mine must very greatly. I see making other countries being forced into putting labels on their food products a good thing. Everything else we buy is, including the shirt on your back...well maybe. The first thing I do with a new shirt is to cut the label off. The governments main job is to protect it's people, and COOL will help do just that in more ways than one.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:29 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Your idea of COOL and mine must very greatly. I see making other countries being forced into putting labels on their food products a good thing. Everything else we buy is, including the shirt on your back...well maybe. The first thing I do with a new shirt is to cut the label off. The governments main job is to protect it's people, and COOL will help do just that in more ways than one.

Probably so. My idea is based on reality and not some feel good idea that won't hold water. I learned this from Walmart.

Where do you get the idea we are going make other countries label the packages of meat on our grocers shelves? Hate to bust your bubble but this will fall on the local grocery stores and others in this country. Just another cost. Another thing you could get sued for if some high school kid put the wrong label on a meat package.

There is no law preventing someone to put Made in the USA on your product if you want to but most consumers look at price and don't give a hoot where its made. Besides, do the words Made in the USA really mean anything when its on something like a Smithfield ham which is owned by the Chinese?
3 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:46 pm

I don't see COOL fixing anything and am for voluntary labeling.
I'd like to see our checkoff dollars spent on advertising and educating the consumer promoting US beef

Edit yo add I won't buy meat without a US raised label, but I wonder about the taco's, burrito's and burgers I eat while traveling for work
1 x

Turkeybird
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Turkeybird » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:57 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Your idea of COOL and mine must very greatly. I see making other countries being forced into putting labels on their food products a good thing. Everything else we buy is, including the shirt on your back...well maybe. The first thing I do with a new shirt is to cut the label off. The governments main job is to protect it's people, and COOL will help do just that in more ways than one.

Probably so. My idea is based on reality and not some feel good idea that won't hold water. I learned this from Walmart.

Where do you get the idea we are going make other countries label the packages of meat on our grocers shelves? Hate to bust your bubble but this will fall on the local grocery stores and others in this country. Just another cost. Another thing you could get sued for if some high school kid put the wrong label on a meat package.

There is no law preventing someone to put Made in the USA on your product if you want to but most consumers look at price and don't give a hoot where its made. Besides, do the words Made in the USA really mean anything when its on something like a Smithfield ham which is owned by the Chinese?
yes it means a lot when the ham came from a hog, grown by a red blooded American farmer who has a contract w/ Smithfield who fed it American grown grain under usda guidelines
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Turkeybird wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:

yes it means a lot when the ham came from a hog, grown by a red blooded American farmer who has a contract w/ Smithfield who fed it American grown grain under usda guidelines

I'd feel much better about it if it was raised by my neighbor who raised the pig using my other neighbors corn straight from his bin and it was processed at the neighborhood butcher shop that is owned by a guy that I see rather than having it butchered by a bunch of immigrants on work visas who work for Smithfield which is owned by a bunch of Chinese I've never met but I've never been one who wanted to work for the company store especially when its owned by the Chinese.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Cross-7 wrote:I don't see COOL fixing anything and am for voluntary labeling.
I'd like to see our checkoff dollars spent on advertising and educating the consumer promoting US beef

Edit yo add I won't buy meat without a US raised label, but I wonder about the taco's, burrito's and burgers I eat while traveling for work

You and me both. They doubled the fee but I sure haven't seen squat as far as beef promotions in places other than cattle events and that's like preaching to the choir or like the Gideons going around and putting Bibles in churches.
1 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:01 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:I never saw anywhere in the consistution that it said you can't have a full auto ar-15, or a Browning 50 cal. I did see something about the federal government "shall not enfrigried."

You never saw any mention in the Constitution of 50 states either but we have them. Not to mention thousands of other "unmentioned" things not in the constitution.

NRA says its open to more regulations on bump stocks after Vegas ...
1 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:12 pm

TexasBred wrote:

You never saw any mention in the Constitution of 50 states either but we have them. Not to mention thousands of other "unmentioned" things not in the constitution.

Yes, but a musket was military grade in the 1700's, so maybe they were saying we should only military grade weapons? So let's ban bump stocks and 22's and instead make 50 bmg's and AA-12's legal...
1 x
Red Bull Breeder wrote:So Queenie works ok now?

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:21 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

Yes, but a musket was military grade in the 1700's, so maybe they were saying we should only military grade weapons? So let's ban bump stocks and 22's and instead make 50 bmg's and AA-12's legal...

"Military Grade" is not in the constitution. ;-)
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Bump stocks will be illegal before this is over and we all know it is only symbolic.
1 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:48 pm

TexasBred wrote:
sim.-ang.king wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

"Military Grade" is not in the constitution. ;-)

Your right again, so let's ban anything that isn't actual "bear arms."

The point of the Constitution wasn't to limit the people's rights, it was to limit the federal government. So if we were going to get literal with the whole thing, then that would mean the federal government can't own anything the people can't own when it comes to bearing arms.
4 x
Red Bull Breeder wrote:So Queenie works ok now?

snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby snoopdog » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Bump stocks will be illegal before this is over and we all know it is only symbolic.
You are correct , and I don't see any legitimate reason for one for any sporting purpose .
1 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:18 pm

snoopdog wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Bump stocks will be illegal before this is over and we all know it is only symbolic.
You are correct , and I don't see any legitimate reason for one for any sporting purpose .

The Constitution doesn;t say any thing about "sporting purpose"
4 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Return to “Coffee Shop”