bump fire stocks

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3464
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby callmefence » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Turkeybird wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
Probably so. My idea is based on reality and not some feel good idea that won't hold water. I learned this from Walmart.

Where do you get the idea we are going make other countries label the packages of meat on our grocers shelves? Hate to bust your bubble but this will fall on the local grocery stores and others in this country. Just another cost. Another thing you could get sued for if some high school kid put the wrong label on a meat package.

There is no law preventing someone to put Made in the USA on your product if you want to but most consumers look at price and don't give a hoot where its made. Besides, do the words Made in the USA really mean anything when its on something like a Smithfield ham which is owned by the Chinese?
yes it means a lot when the ham came from a hog, grown by a red blooded American farmer who has a contract w/ Smithfield who fed it American grown grain under usda guidelines


I'd feel much better about it if it was raised by my neighbor who raised the pig using my other neighbors corn straight from his bin and it was processed at the neighborhood butcher shop that is owned by a guy that I see rather than having it butchered by a bunch of immigrants on work visas who work for Smithfield which is owned by a bunch of Chinese I've never met but I've never been one who wanted to work for the company store especially when its owned by the Chinese.


I thought you used immigrants..el Salvador immigrants to be exact on work Visas to harvest your crops.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

papavillars
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 am
Location: dew,texas

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby papavillars » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:55 pm

In the past I have sold lots of be nice fires, paddle wheels, and bump stocks. All work some what. The bump stock takes a little adjustment but when it is right it really sprays. They are a ball to shoot. Does anyone Need one, heck no. But I also don't need my 442, or my 426hemi sports fury. A civic would get me from point A to point B.
0 x

User avatar
snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby snoopdog » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:36 am

dun wrote:
snoopdog wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Bump stocks will be illegal before this is over and we all know it is only symbolic.
You are correct , and I don't see any legitimate reason for one for any sporting purpose .

The Constitution doesn;t say any thing about "sporting purpose"
That is true dun, but I think that most serious , or avid shooters would agree with my statement , and would accept restriction , even if it is only symbolic . If someone wants to do mag dumps like that at the range , it suits me, makes it easier for me to pick up their brass. I love the spray and pray crowd . We already have legislation on class 3 firearms , if you want to own one and have the gila, you can , but bumpstocks and hellfire trigger systems are a thinly veiled attempt around regulation, and would be the choice for nefarious folks it would seem to me. Any serious person realizes that , as mentioned , it would be mostly symbolic . Chaos can be created , and as much if not more casualties can be inflicted in a crowd, by a shotgun loaded with buckshot.
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21399
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 am

snoopdog wrote:
dun wrote:
snoopdog wrote: You are correct , and I don't see any legitimate reason for one for any sporting purpose .

The Constitution doesn;t say any thing about "sporting purpose"
That is true dun, but I think that most serious , or avid shooters would agree with my statement , and would accept restriction , even if it is only symbolic . If someone wants to do mag dumps like that at the range , it suits me, makes it easier for me to pick up their brass. I love the spray and pray crowd . We already have legislation on class 3 firearms , if you want to own one and have the gila, you can , but bumpstocks and hellfire trigger systems are a thinly veiled attempt around regulation, and would be the choice for nefarious folks it would seem to me. Any serious person realizes that , as mentioned , it would be mostly symbolic . Chaos can be created , and as much if not more casualties can be inflicted in a crowd, by a shotgun loaded with buckshot.


I agree with the shotgun your 100% correct, it doesn't conjure up fear like the black guns. A segment of the black gun owners play right into the perception of spraying lead nuts IMO,
this scares the crap out of the GP.
Perception becomes reality with the general public.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 47004
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby dun » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:25 am

snoopdog wrote:
dun wrote:
snoopdog wrote: You are correct , and I don't see any legitimate reason for one for any sporting purpose .

The Constitution doesn;t say any thing about "sporting purpose"
That is true dun, but I think that most serious , or avid shooters would agree with my statement , and would accept restriction , even if it is only symbolic . If someone wants to do mag dumps like that at the range , it suits me, makes it easier for me to pick up their brass. I love the spray and pray crowd . We already have legislation on class 3 firearms , if you want to own one and have the gila, you can , but bumpstocks and hellfire trigger systems are a thinly veiled attempt around regulation, and would be the choice for nefarious folks it would seem to me. Any serious person realizes that , as mentioned , it would be mostly symbolic . Chaos can be created , and as much if not more casualties can be inflicted in a crowd, by a shotgun loaded with buckshot.

It boils down to the camels nose under the tent.
1 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23430
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:28 am

callmefence wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
Turkeybird wrote: yes it means a lot when the ham came from a hog, grown by a red blooded American farmer who has a contract w/ Smithfield who fed it American grown grain under usda guidelines


I'd feel much better about it if it was raised by my neighbor who raised the pig using my other neighbors corn straight from his bin and it was processed at the neighborhood butcher shop that is owned by a guy that I see rather than having it butchered by a bunch of immigrants on work visas who work for Smithfield which is owned by a bunch of Chinese I've never met but I've never been one who wanted to work for the company store especially when its owned by the Chinese.


I thought you used immigrants..el Salvador immigrants to be exact on work Visas to harvest your crops.


For seasonal work, I have done that but all the legal immigrant workers I got through the federal government turned out to be illegal and this caused some problems with the IRS so I stopped doing that. Dole, Bill Gates and Buffet have huge farms here and they hire them by the thousands. The best source for seasonal help I found were the Americans drawing disability. There is a large number of these to hire from and they seem healthy enough to me, in fact some are healthier than me, but they want to be paid in cash and I can't do that so I can't use them. What I've resorted to is hiring retired people but most of these can't earn but so much or it will screw up their retirement so their use is limited by their income thresholds.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3464
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby callmefence » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:06 am

Jogeephus wrote:
callmefence wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
I'd feel much better about it if it was raised by my neighbor who raised the pig using my other neighbors corn straight from his bin and it was processed at the neighborhood butcher shop that is owned by a guy that I see rather than having it butchered by a bunch of immigrants on work visas who work for Smithfield which is owned by a bunch of Chinese I've never met but I've never been one who wanted to work for the company store especially when its owned by the Chinese.


I thought you used immigrants..el Salvador immigrants to be exact on work Visas to harvest your crops.


For seasonal work, I have done that but all the legal immigrant workers I got through the federal government turned out to be illegal and this caused some problems with the IRS so I stopped doing that. Dole, Bill Gates and Buffet have huge farms here and they hire them by the thousands. The best source for seasonal help I found were the Americans drawing disability. There is a large number of these to hire from and they seem healthy enough to me, in fact some are healthier than me, but they want to be paid in cash and I can't do that so I can't use them. What I've resorted to is hiring retired people but most of these can't earn but so much or it will screw up their retirement so their use is limited by their income thresholds.


You certainly don't have to tell me about the problems with finding labor.
It's my biggest problem.
Mostly because I will not hire immigrants. And I now drug test. I used to not care what a person did in his off time. But I learned in a hard way a bad apple can spoil the barrel. I'm dam sure not going to hire someone on disability.
If it was easy everyone would be doing right.
I give you Respect Jo because you are obviously very intelligent. But you opinions are hypocritical and always to fit and favor your life. In order to get things right Americans are going to have to learn to do their own work again. Even though it might be hard, it's not impossible.

As for cool . I'm definitely not in favor of the federal government imposing regulations that overstep their bounds.
The federal government major responsibility is to protect the people from foreign threats. Including financial threats. Imo cool falls in this category. And is within the Federal governments scope of responsibility.
As far as the burden falling on the independent business. I agree. That is how our government does things. Just like you could get in trouble for unknowingly hiring illegals( your not ice) your forced to do ice job. We're forced to police ourselves and pay for the police. But that's a separate matter.

One thing for sure. We can't just support what benefits us. But support what is right morally and constitutional.
My back log is running about four months now. I could be much better off
Financially and spend my time in relative leisure. If I hired immigrants.
But I won't , never
2 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3927
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Contact:

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 am

snoopdog wrote:
dun wrote:
snoopdog wrote: You are correct , and I don't see any legitimate reason for one for any sporting purpose .

The Constitution doesn;t say any thing about "sporting purpose"
That is true dun, but I think that most serious , or avid shooters would agree with my statement , and would accept restriction , even if it is only symbolic . If someone wants to do mag dumps like that at the range , it suits me, makes it easier for me to pick up their brass. I love the spray and pray crowd . We already have legislation on class 3 firearms , if you want to own one and have the gila, you can , but bumpstocks and hellfire trigger systems are a thinly veiled attempt around regulation, and would be the choice for nefarious folks it would seem to me. Any serious person realizes that , as mentioned , it would be mostly symbolic . Chaos can be created , and as much if not more casualties can be inflicted in a crowd, by a shotgun loaded with buckshot.

No use for a ar-15 either, so you might as well ban them. Really there is no need for any rifle since a 12ga shotgun can meet all of your needs. Heck a 22 mag. can kill anything in North America, so you might as well just have them as the only gun.
0 x
I'm Conservative so you can be Liberal.

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23430
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:17 am

callmefence wrote: But you opinions are hypocritical and always to fit and favor your life. In order to get things right Americans are going to have to learn to do their own work again. Even though it might be hard, it's not impossible.


Please give me an example of how I'm being hypocritical?
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3464
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby callmefence » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:19 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:
snoopdog wrote:
dun wrote:The Constitution doesn;t say any thing about "sporting purpose"
That is true dun, but I think that most serious , or avid shooters would agree with my statement , and would accept restriction , even if it is only symbolic . If someone wants to do mag dumps like that at the range , it suits me, makes it easier for me to pick up their brass. I love the spray and pray crowd . We already have legislation on class 3 firearms , if you want to own one and have the gila, you can , but bumpstocks and hellfire trigger systems are a thinly veiled attempt around regulation, and would be the choice for nefarious folks it would seem to me. Any serious person realizes that , as mentioned , it would be mostly symbolic . Chaos can be created , and as much if not more casualties can be inflicted in a crowd, by a shotgun loaded with buckshot.

No use for a ar-15 either, so you might as well ban them. Really there is no need for any rifle since a 12ga shotgun can meet all of your needs. Heck a 22 mag. can kill anything in North America, so you might as well just have them as the only gun.


Why the 22 mag. A compound bow is perfectly adequate. One dozen arrows per person per year should be plenty.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3464
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby callmefence » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:29 am

Jogeephus wrote:
callmefence wrote: But you opinions are hypocritical and always to fit and favor your life. In order to get things right Americans are going to have to learn to do their own work again. Even though it might be hard, it's not impossible.


Please give me an example of how I'm being hypocritical?


Idk how to do that thing were you highlight a portion of a post.
But in your above post you mentioned how you would rather see someone local butchering the hog. Than a immigrant. A few days back you made similar remarks about large meat packers facing production lined to the east, to accommodate the immigrants.
These all implied to me. That you don't want the immigrants doing your work.
But you when you need labor you seek out temp visa immigrants to fill it.

You may have stopped. But your reason for stopping does not apply to your grip.
Last edited by callmefence on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21399
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:47 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:
snoopdog wrote:
dun wrote:The Constitution doesn;t say any thing about "sporting purpose"
That is true dun, but I think that most serious , or avid shooters would agree with my statement , and would accept restriction , even if it is only symbolic . If someone wants to do mag dumps like that at the range , it suits me, makes it easier for me to pick up their brass. I love the spray and pray crowd . We already have legislation on class 3 firearms , if you want to own one and have the gila, you can , but bumpstocks and hellfire trigger systems are a thinly veiled attempt around regulation, and would be the choice for nefarious folks it would seem to me. Any serious person realizes that , as mentioned , it would be mostly symbolic . Chaos can be created , and as much if not more casualties can be inflicted in a crowd, by a shotgun loaded with buckshot.

No use for a ar-15 either, so you might as well ban them. Really there is no need for any rifle since a 12ga shotgun can meet all of your needs. Heck a 22 mag. can kill anything in North America, so you might as well just have them as the only gun.


We are on the road to banning them IMO and most of the gun owners are going to agree again IMO.
Incidents like Vegas play right into Fienstiens bill.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14509
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby greybeard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 am

Idk how to do that thing were you highlight a portion of a post.

I don't know how it's done on a phone but anywhere else you use UB code..either type in the code or use any of the 1st 3 the little boxes above the reply box when you are in 'full editor and preview' mode..
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3464
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby callmefence » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:15 am

greybeard wrote:
Idk how to do that thing were you highlight a portion of a post.

I don't know how it's done on a phone but anywhere else you use UB code..either type in the code or use any of the 1st 3 the little boxes above the reply box when you are in 'full editor and preview' mode..


Thanks GB. I just use my phone.
We still don't own a computer.
They come up with one that will drive post I'll look into it. :D
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: bump fire stocks

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:20 am

http://www.cdapress.com/article/20171005/AP/310059926 Seen this,,on the news this morning....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests