anyone here have arterial fibrillation..Afib?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: anyone here have arterial fibrillation..Afib?

Postby greybeard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:53 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:GB...I take metoprolol or whatever its called 50 mg per day

Same here--it's generic Toprol.
Was also on Clopidigrel..Plavix generic, but she took me off it Wed and put me on Zarelto.
In the mix every day:
Atorvastatin (generic Lipitor)
Metformin (a glucophage for diabetes)
Furosemide (generic Lasix.)
Zarelto--no generic for it yet. supposedly the latest greatest thinner and clot preventer.
Losartan (generic Cozaar)
81mg aspirin.
COQ10..an over the counter supplement but prescribed for almost anyone taking Lasix or Lipitor.
Bydureon--a belly injection I take once/week for diabetes. I detest this the most.
Amiodarone (generic Cardrone/Pacerone) ..supposed to keep my heart in rhythm.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:16 pm

greybeard wrote:

Was also on Clopidigrel..Plavix generic, but she took me off it Wed and put me on Zarelto.
In the mix every day:
Zarelto--no generic for it yet. supposedly the latest greatest thinner and clot preventer.
81mg aspirin.
COQ10..an over the counter supplement but prescribed for almost anyone taking Lasix or Lipitor.
Bydureon--a belly injection I take once/week for diabetes. I detest this the most.

I can see why you wouldn't want to have to take any more meds.

Looking at this list though, with the Atrial Fibrillation, you're already on a couple of the meds that's prescribed for it anyhow. Perhaps with the ablation, there won't necessarily be an additional meds.

Good luck with it all. I think you've been through enough already!

As for the biking nd walking.....good for you! Its good for you and can be relaxing and enjoyable. :)
2 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:20 pm

greybeard wrote:

In the mix every day:
81mg aspirin.

Xarelto is ridiculously expensive but worth it and a generic has not yet been approved. Our pharmacist somehow got it down from $365 to $30.
Side note that you probably already know but . . . if you're having an Afib episode it sometimes helps to cough, chug ice water or grunt/bear down as if you're having a major b.m. Weird, but it can sometimes "shock" the heart into a more normal rhythm.
2 x

papavillars
Rancher
Rancher

Postby papavillars » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:58 pm

I too take metoprolol Er succinate. I have runs of pvc's. . Cardiac ablation sure can work. Being cardiac inverted while conscious is not fun. Seems like " clean living" and age is creeping up on a few of us.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:50 am

I'm not going to like this zarelto.. Mowed the lawn yesterday evening, let a little limb brush my face and left a tiny scratch on my nose. Woke up about 4am with a bloody pillow and took me 2 hours to get that little scratch to stop bleeding and only been on zarelto 2 days now. I think my barb wire fencing days are done...
I wonder if that blood stop powder I have for the cows is safe to use on humans?
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:50 pm

greybeard wrote:I'm not going to like this zarelto.. Mowed the lawn yesterday evening, let a little limb brush my face and left a tiny scratch on my nose. Woke up about 4am with a bloody pillow and took me 2 hours to get that little scratch to stop bleeding and only been on zarelto 2 days now. I think my barb wire fencing days are done...
I wonder if that blood stop powder I have for the cows is safe to use on humans?

:o :shock: :o

My oldest brother has had a similar issue with his Plavix. He loves going out on his boat, fishing. Told me about a time he was bitten on his leg, by one of those green-head horseflys, said his leg bled for 4 hours! :shock:

As for that powder, I've used a Farnham product, "Wonder-Dust" for horses, on myself a time or two, I'm still living. ;-)
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:59 pm

TCRanch wrote:
greybeard wrote:

In the mix every day:
81mg aspirin.

Xarelto is ridiculously expensive but worth it and a generic has not yet been approved. Our pharmacist somehow got it down from $365 to $30.
Side note that you probably already know but . . . if you're having an Afib episode it sometimes helps to cough, chug ice water or grunt/bear down as if you're having a major b.m. Weird, but it can sometimes "shock" the heart into a more normal rhythm.
I've heard that jumping into a cold shower works to... I can see where it would work to...one drop of cold water in the shower jolts my system.....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

papavillars
Rancher
Rancher

Postby papavillars » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Graybeard, try a styptic pencil. I THINK THAT MIGHT STOP THE BLEEDING.
1 x

papavillars
Rancher
Rancher

Postby papavillars » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Sorry about the caps, no glasses on right now
0 x

churchcreek
Beginner
Beginner

Postby churchcreek » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Husband had one done in 2010. Fixed him right up, still doing great. Felt terrible prior what with all the
flutters/abnormal beats.
1 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”