HE HAD 50 POUNDS

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

HE HAD 50 POUNDS

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:55 am

He had 50 pounds of tannerite!!!!!!!.....and they are worried about a bump stock....
My son has a bump stock, I may have linked his video here before... Shot up 100 rounds in 8 seconds ending with his gun on fire. Luckily, it didn't ruin it...... Yer guns on fire....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6qgV-M ... s4nbdMDaUA
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: HE HAD 50 POUNDS

Postby TexasBred » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:40 am

Looks like a total waste of good expensive ammo to me.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

halfbean
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby halfbean » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:54 am

It's not a waste to a young guy. I would have done the same thing. Today, with my old man goggles on it looks different.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:19 pm

TexasBred wrote:Looks like a total waste of good expensive ammo to me.

You don't want to know how much I 'wasted' in my youth, doing the real thing. I learned real quick that after a long day of flying, it was a lot easier to carry cans of empty brass and links back to the hangar than unused full heavy cans of good ammo..
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Not to mention the 1600 lbs of ammonium nitrate in his trunk.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:41 pm

He did this once and said it was the quickest way to blow 40 bucks....never used it again...lol....but you gotta try it once right.. The 100 round mag belonged to my son in law. I use to refer him as bomb boy. If I heard explosions, I knew he was around. Now, he's married to my daughter...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:43 pm

M.Magis wrote:Not to mention the 1600 lbs of ammonium nitrate in his trunk.

We can only guess what he had planned for that stuff. CNN just said he had 150 pounds of tannerite...it keeps going up. I just don't understand why they aren't focusing on it rather than the bump fire.... just craziness
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 pm

greybeard wrote:

You don't want to know how much I 'wasted' in my youth, doing the real thing. I learned real quick that after a long day of flying, it was a lot easier to carry cans of empty brass and links back to the hangar than unused full heavy cans of good ammo..

I know.....but you also had an almost unlimited supply "furnished" free.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:11 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
M.Magis wrote:Not to mention the 1600 lbs of ammonium nitrate in his trunk.

We can only guess what he had planned for that stuff. CNN just said he had 150 pounds of tannerite...it keeps going up. I just don't understand why they aren't focusing on it rather than the bump fire.... just craziness

Two reasons. One, he didn’t use it.
Two, gun talk gets more viewers. Antis love these nut jobs because it helps push people over to their side of the issue.
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:40 pm

I don't know what a bump stock is. I haven't been watching any of the news. I figure they are focusing on the tannerrite so they can get it banned. To them it looks like legal dynamite.
0 x

Atimm693
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Atimm693 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Craig Miller wrote:I don't know what a bump stock is. I haven't been watching any of the news. I figure they are focusing on the tannerrite so they can get it banned. To them it looks like legal dynamite.

A device that uses the recoil of the weapon to cycle the trigger repeatedly. Basically makes a semi auto function like a full auto.
1 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 am

Atimm693 wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:I don't know what a bump stock is. I haven't been watching any of the news. I figure they are focusing on the tannerrite so they can get it banned. To them it looks like legal dynamite.

A device that uses the recoil of the weapon to cycle the trigger repeatedly. Basically makes a semi auto function like a full auto.

I posted a video of my son shooting one if you want to see at the beginning of this thread. Caught his gun on fire. Had a 100 round mag on it.
Has anyone seen the video of a news reporter shooting one to demo how they work. Had a gun with a suppressor and a grenade launcher on it, for show i'm sure...lol... I haven't seen it, but watched my husband and son watching it on his phone and both were laughing. I didn't have on glasses so I couldn't see it...but seeing them laugh is all I needed to see... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbkjniQm-wI
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 am

It’s fun between time spent in Honduras and Mexico I’ve fired some full autos it is a thrill.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:58 am

wacocowboy wrote:

It’s fun between time spent in Honduras and Mexico I’ve fired some full autos it is a thrill.

I suppose so as long as no one is shooting back at you. Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling up your leg?????
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:38 am

TexasBred wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:

I suppose so as long as no one is shooting back at you. Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling up your leg?????

I like shooting guns just for fun, but I’ve been in a few situations where bullets were flying in my direction.
1 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Return to “Coffee Shop”