Dream Vacation

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Dream Vacation

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:26 pm

I'm probably like a lot of you here on the Boards in that I don't take "typical" vacations... The wife and Grand Kids are all in Orlando doing the Disney World thing this week but with the Farm and the Feed Store it would be impossible for me to be gone for a week (plus I'm not a big fan of crowds any where!).

I used to travel a lot on business but never really considered that much of a vacation... I still manage to sneak off for a couple of days each year and do some pheasant or duck hunting. Deer hunting is a regular weekend thing right here on the farm.

So I guess my question to all of you would be: If time and money were no obstacle, where would you like to go and what would you like to do on what you would consider a "Dream Vacation"? I'm not even sure if I would want to leave the United States since there is so much of this great country that I haven't seen yet... Maybe I would like to go out west and hunt Elk... or maybe I would like to do one of those fly-in lakes up in Alaska where they drop you off at a remote cabin and come pick you up in a week! Just thinking out loud here... What would be your Dream Vacation?
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

shaz
GURU
GURU

Re: Dream Vacation

Postby shaz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Hang out at the farm and drink beer & maybe do some work.

Taking the wife on the Viking River cruise down the Danube first week of Dec. That will be 3 countries I've never seen.
1 x
Grab the bull by the horns.....then what are you supposed to do?

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:57 pm

I have been places for a specific reason and enjoyed seeing people I haven't seen in a while and meeting new people.
I have been on "vacation" trips with great expectations and usually ended up disappointed, bored, and tired.
I do not understand going for the sake of going.
All I hear most of them talk about is where they ate and what they ate. I eat right here just fine.

My wife says I do not travel well.
3 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

Hogtiming
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Hogtiming » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Since I have did the elk hunt. 2-3 weeks seeing Alaska is my next trip. Several years out.
2 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:46 pm

A pheasant or quail hunting trip with a guide/dog handler. Or a fishing trip to somewhere to catch peacock bass.
1 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:54 pm

I don't like vacations where I have to go back to work to rest up, so I really enjoy going to little towns on the coast (Port O'Connor and Port Mansfield are my favorites) and spending some time. Fish if I feel like it, I read a lot, eat good, maybe play some dominoes, and drink beer. Stay up as late as I want, and sleep as late as I feel like. Basically just relax and smell the salt air.

I know you said "if money was no object", but if I could afford to fly to Europe I'd want to do pretty much the same thing when I got there.
2 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Out north west to Montana,Dakotas, Idaho... then up into Alberta...
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

red angus 2010
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby red angus 2010 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Hiking and skiing the 10th Mountain Hut system in Colorado
2 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:11 pm

My wife and daughters are in Florida as we speak. My son and I, just couldn't go. I travel quit a bit for work, and that seems to have killed my desire to travel. A trip to the NFR, wouldn't be too bad though.
2 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Same hear I travel a lot for work.
I've spent quite a bit of time this summer exploring Oklahoma.
I have a cabin rented this weekend at lake of the arbuckles.
But I've never left the country.

If time and money weren't a factor I'd really like to spent a week or two I'm Bora Bora
1 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:53 pm

I used to have this crazy dream to hike the Appalachian Trail... think that would be pretty neat. But the older I get, the idea doesn't sound so appealing anymore!!
0 x

snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby snoopdog » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:06 pm

I would like to cruise the inside passage with the wife, and then one of the fly in only lakes . But right now I would settle for a pain free body for a few days .
2 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:55 pm

I have lived my dreams. Started out so poor, we didn't have mice. Been to Alaska, hunted British Columbia and Alberta. Hunted Africa.

The Adirondacks are beautiful as is most of New England. Virginia - MT Rodgers, Skyline Drive, Shenandoah Valley. West Virginia - New River Bridge and eastern mountains. Lived where I could get up in the morning, go shoot an elk and come home with it that evening. There is no more stark place than Wyoming except maybe the steppes of Mongolia. Glacier National Park. Bryce Canyon Utah. The high country of Colorado. The badlands of North Dakota. Devils Tower. Rapid City South Dakota and the Black Hills. Denver is the greatest city in America. Red River Gorge Kentucky. Smokey Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee.

I believe Yellowstone National Park in the off season is one of the wonders of the world. So much so, I guess I been there 30 times.
1 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Think once you reach fifty...you should be arrested if they catch you on the beach....
3 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:04 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Think once you reach fifty...you should be arrested if they catch you on the beach....

...at least if you're wearing a Speedo!!!
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”