Bad publicly for the cowman.

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4376
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:55 am

0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2974
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:04 am

It would not take a whole lot more of what I see to turn me into an animal rights advocate.

In Robertson County we donate a show heifer each year to the participant who wins the essay contest. Three years ago, two other members of the board and I went to check on one of the heifers. The family said they could not be present but directed us to where the heifer was. She had just calved. It was appalling. The heifer was emaciated. The calf could not stand. The pen was a pig-sty. I see cattle mishandled, I don't know the extend to which it happens. I like to think most of us do a respectable job of animal husbandry.
0 x

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby Bestoutwest » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:04 am

I like to hope that this individual ran into some sort of situation that prevented them from doing the proper thing (ie medical issues), but unfortunately that isn’t the usual case.

I have a neighbor that is dirt poor with too many cows. I’m surprised he has still retained possession of his animals. I believe that if our state was less red he probably would have by now.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12344
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby Nesikep » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:13 am

what a stupid article... there's gotta be some more information out there.. this has nothing.
2 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14373
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby greybeard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:03 am

Nesikep wrote:what a stupid article... there's gotta be some more information out there.. this has nothing.

I looked hard, and found nothing else about this..only picture shown was some generic file photo of very healthy looking cattle.

Perplexing...why didn't the owner just call a sale barn and have them come get them and sell for him? even at today's prices, 70 culls would be worth a good $um if the guy couldn't/wouldn't care for them.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12344
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby Nesikep » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:22 am

Exactly.. a guy would have to be incapacitated, mentally or physically to let this happen,.. that's a lot of $$ out there
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

zirlottkim
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:14 am
Location: West Fowl River Al
Contact:

Re: Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby zirlottkim » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Sounds like the possibility of some fake news to me. If it's true, Fox needs to fill in some blanks.
1 x

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14373
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby greybeard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:08 pm

zirlottkim wrote:Sounds like the possibility of some fake news to me. If it's true, Fox needs to fill in some blanks.

I wouldn't put the burden on Fox alone...
I looked at several local (to Mi) news articles and they all said the same thing--or more aptly, reported the same minimal thing....
http://whmi.com/news/article/29773

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/ne ... 817088001/
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13734
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:52 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:I like to hope that this individual ran into some sort of situation that prevented them from doing the proper thing (ie medical issues), but unfortunately that isn’t the usual case.

I have a neighbor that is dirt poor with too many cows. I’m surprised he has still retained possession of his animals. I believe that if our state was less red he probably would have by now.

Is his cows in bad shape?? big difference in being poor,and a bad cattleman..
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Bad publicly for the cowman.

Postby Bestoutwest » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:58 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:I like to hope that this individual ran into some sort of situation that prevented them from doing the proper thing (ie medical issues), but unfortunately that isn’t the usual case.

I have a neighbor that is dirt poor with too many cows. I’m surprised he has still retained possession of his animals. I believe that if our state was less red he probably would have by now.

Is his cows in bad shape?? big difference in being poor,and a bad cattleman..


They are not well fed and he can’t afford to adequately irrigate in the summer. It’s rather sad all the way around.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests