Interview with the Texan who stopped the massacre

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
bball
GURU
GURU

Re: Interview with the Texan who stopped the massacre

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Republic only works effectively when the citizens are involved..and works most effectively when those people think about future generations as much as themselves..this republic is in its twilight I fear..for a multitude of reasons.
Take a knee???
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Bball,

The Repubic is not perfect. No nation or system of governance is ideal. In fact, nations and governments are like humans, wrought with flaws. Having said that if I mistrusted the US government as much as you seen to, then I think you need to "take a knee" in protest. 8)

Mistrust the govt? Yes, I would say they have earned that mistrust. The word litany comes to mind...
0 x
-Anais Nin

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:34 pm

That begs the question? Why have We the people failed? Or is it because the division is so evenly matched, that it is like the old cliche, I want to go north, you want to go south, so we both end up going west?
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Bright Raven wrote:That begs the question? Why have We the people failed? Or is it because the division is so evenly matched, that it is like the old cliche, I want to go north, you want to go south, so we both end up going west?

Ahhh, now that IS the question isn't? Historically, when democracies or republics fail, it is because We the people begin to vote with our pocket books and not our conscience, morals, or sacrificial nature. We vote for those that will 'give me mine now'. When enough people behave this way, the drain begins. When the soup and entertainment run out, We the people become a tough group to govern. So many distractions in the world today, misinformation, technology to keep up with, a real lack of critical analysis/analytical thought, poor coping mechanisms, inability to tolerate a single thought that challenges ones own value system. Just to name a few.
You named me extreme in a previous post, but I assure you I make a genuine attempt to be objective, I enjoy having my thoughts challenged-and not for the sake of debate, or attempt to always be right, but to actually see another's perspective and evaluate if I am being myopic, or worse yet, just ignorant.
1 x
-Anais Nin

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Our founding fathers were very smart, they pretty much had it right. I often wonder how they all came together and wrote the rules that we should still live by today.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 pm

bball wrote: I enjoy having my thoughts challenged-and not for the sake of debate, or attempt to always be right, but to actually see another's perspective and evaluate if I am being myopic, or worse yet, just ignorant.

Ok, that thing you said a while ago about people being spied on by the CIA through the cameras on their phones or laptops is impossible.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:30 pm

ga.prime wrote:
bball wrote: I enjoy having my thoughts challenged-and not for the sake of debate, or attempt to always be right, but to actually see another's perspective and evaluate if I am being myopic, or worse yet, just ignorant.

Ok, that thing you said a while ago about people being spied on by the CIA through the cameras on their phones or laptops is impossible.

Yes, but a guarded quantity of embellishment is permitted. :lol:
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:32 pm

ga.prime wrote:

Not true. Several examples on the internet. Search it out. They're there. CIA and Britain's SS have been infecting cell phones, laptops, and smart Tv's with malware for a while that allows them to activate and use the camera of that device..as well as monitor and record conversations.
0 x
-Anais Nin

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:35 pm

bball wrote:
ga.prime wrote:

Not true. Several examples on the internet. Search it out. They're there. CIA and Britain's SS have been infecting cell phones, laptops, and smart Tv's with malware for a while that allows them to activate and use the camera of that device..as well as monitor and record conversations.

Bball, you have now gone from extremism to defensiveness. And to think, I once thought you a Hero. 8)
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:36 pm

0 x
-Anais Nin

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
bball wrote:
ga.prime wrote:Ok, that thing you said a while ago about people being spied on by the CIA through the cameras on their phones or laptops is impossible.

Bball, you have now gone from extremism to defensiveness. And to think, I once thought you a Hero. 8)

Sorry to disappoint. Defensive? How so? I made an assertion. It was challenged and I responded.
0 x
-Anais Nin

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Bball,

Forgive me for not responding to your question marks on "taking a knee". What I was referencing was the football players taking a knee during the traditional playing or singing of the US National Anthem to protest a Nation that does not meet their expectations.

It follows that a nation that you portrayed as robbing citizens of their rights and spying on its citizens even conducting clandestine operations against it citizens may warrant "taking a knee" in protest.
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:54 pm

bball wrote:
ga.prime wrote:

Hopefully that's true. That'd be a great way to get into terrorism etc. networks.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:54 pm

bball wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
bball wrote:

Sorry to disappoint. Defensive? How so? I made an assertion. It was challenged and I responded.

Actually, I defended you. I said a guarded quantity of embellishment is permitted.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Bball,

Forgive me for not responding to your question marks on "taking a knee". What I was referencing was the football players taking a knee during the traditional playing or singing of the US National Anthem to protest a Nation that does not meet their expectations.

It follows that a nation that you portrayed as robbing citizens of their rights and spying on its citizens even conducting clandestine operations against it citizens may warrant "taking a knee" in protest.

Ahhh ok, :idea: Thanks for clarifying.
I chose to protest my dissatisfaction with aspects of our govt by voting, teaching my children to be responsible, thoughtful citizens that take their civic duties seriously and understand the responsibilty and duty they have to be informed. I would go on, but I fear I have derailed this thread beyond repair as it sits already.

PS..kneeling is for quitters, unless you're in church. 8)
0 x
-Anais Nin

Return to “Coffee Shop”