Thank goodness their home

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Thank goodness their home

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 am

TexasBred wrote:
boondocks wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:My family would of never got me out of jail much less hire an attorney for stealing. I've done a lot of bad things, but stealing isn't one of them. My pop told me stealing is the worst thing a person can do, and if I ever did he'd beat me till I was blind. I don't know what he meant, but I know he meant it. I have no use for a thief, and feel after three strikes, they deserve a bullet behind the ear.

Care to tell us what some of the bad things were that you got away with? :D

"Taking illegal deductions on federal income tax returns (is that stealing??) Naw....everybody does it so that makes it ok. :bs:

Illegal? I think I pay enough taxes already, and everything is within tax code according to our CPA. Here's one of our new tax bills that just came in last week. The government calls it taxes I call it legalized stealing.

0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:55 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
boondocks wrote:
Care to tell us what some of the bad things were that you got away with? :D

"Taking illegal deductions on federal income tax returns (is that stealing??) Naw....everybody does it so that makes it ok. :bs:

Illegal? I think I pay enough taxes already, and everything is within tax code according to our CPA. Here's one of our new tax bills that just came in last week. The government calls it taxes I call it legalized stealing.

Not what you said in previous post here on CT, Grit when you admitted taking deductions you knew were not allowable.CPA works with just what you give him. Still your responsibility to furnish him truthful information.
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:22 pm

I find it hard to believe that I'd say something exactly like that TB, but your probably right. I have definitely taken deductions that I shouldn't have, but as far as I know none of it's been illegal. There's a big difference between shouldn't and illegal.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Grit, just think about how with this new proposed tax system will effect this one tax you pay. If passed, you won't be able to write it off and you will have to claim it as income and be taxed on it. So in a sense, we are fixing to get a pretty substantial tax increase. I imagine next, when this doesn't fund all the government's little give away programs and furnish all the entitlements so many feel entitled to they will pass another tax scheme that will not allow us to deduct inputs on cost of production because is this not the same thing as your tax bill there? This is a cost of doing business is it not? Pretty sure none of the attorneys in DC will have a problem arguing that point. Transfer this to the cattle industry and we'll be paying on the $1000 calf we sold but the $400 in production cost won't be considered because this is taxable as will the county taxes and all other production costs.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Jogeephus wrote:Grit, just think about how with this new proposed tax system will effect this one tax you pay. If passed, you won't be able to write it off and you will have to claim it as income and be taxed on it. So in a sense, we are fixing to get a pretty substantial tax increase. I imagine next, when this doesn't fund all the government's little give away programs and furnish all the entitlements so many feel entitled to they will pass another tax scheme that will not allow us to deduct inputs on cost of production because is this not the same thing as your tax bill there? This is a cost of doing business is it not? Pretty sure none of the attorneys in DC will have a problem arguing that point. Transfer this to the cattle industry and we'll be paying on the $1000 calf we sold but the $400 in production cost won't be considered because this is taxable as will the county taxes and all other production costs.

We'll be back to the old days of trading if taxes keep going up. Some of the folks in European countries have already figured this out. It's very sad to take from one to give to another, seems almost criminal.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Grit my question is how did TB get you to being the guilty party here versus the extras from a Tarzan movie.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:44 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Grit my question is how did TB get you to being the guilty party here versus the extras from a Tarzan movie.

It's my fault CB, I posted something using the wrong wording. I guess I shoulda said I've never did any shoplifting. Tarzan didn't steal any sunglasses.
1 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:08 pm

0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:35 pm

That's a terrible thing for the POUTS to say IMO. Why punish the kid because of the parent? Everyone deserves a chance especially with those kids upbringing.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:53 pm

It would have been much, much better not said, but I think I can feel the frustration the man has. Hand some folks the brass ring and them say it ain't shiny enough is pretty pathetic. This happens every day he is POTUS. Remember. Lots of us voted for him because he wasn't he same ole same ole politician.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 pm

slick4591 wrote:It would have been much, much better not said, but I think I can feel the frustration the man has. Hand some folks the brass ring and them say it ain't shiny enough is pretty pathetic. This happens every day he is POTUS. Remember. Lots of us voted for him because he wasn't he same ole same ole politician.

I agree with you, but dang it make hay when the sun is shinning.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Grit my question is how did TB get you to being the guilty party here versus the extras from a Tarzan movie.

It's my fault CB, I posted something using the wrong wording. I guess I shoulda said I've never did any shoplifting. Tarzan didn't steal any sunglasses.

Grit, CB got nothing against Tarzan but he sure hates those "extras from the Tarzan movie". But then he's the typical Pharisee. Stands and gives them the "look at me" show on Sunday morning and night then leaves it all behind when he walks out of the building. He has a huge gap between public persona and private character.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Not really TB we have some of those extras in my family and almost enough hick-spanics to film an Alamo movie.
Prison stats speaks volumes.
1 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 pm

D2Cat wrote:
Somehow you relate a person who "Went to church every day of the week" as "church going" and therefore never error. Going to church and religion, deals with spiritual and moral values, but not necessarily Christianity. That's a relationship.

Remember, "Going to church will no more make you a Christian, then setting in a chicken house will make you a chicken!"

Someone who goes to church diligently is in fact a "church-going" person. If they also steal steaks, they are most likely not practicing what they hear preached, agreed. (Not the only example, I'm sure, of such hypocrisy. Paging just about every televangelist!)
1 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Not really TB we have some of those extras in my family and almost enough hick-spanics to film an Alamo movie.
Prison stats speaks volumes.

Maybe so and you make it brutally obvious that you look on them as being far inferior to you...."hick spanics"..."Tarzan movie extras". Yep...a real practicing Christian.
2 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”