Thank goodness their home

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Thank goodness their home

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:19 am

Stealing isn't always about stealing, it is often a sign of a deeper issue especially when the thief is well off enough to not even need the item he or she stole.
1 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:52 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Stealing isn't always about stealing, it is often a sign of a deeper issue especially when the thief is well off enough to not even need the item he or she stole.

Especially if there no consequence to your actions because you can play a sport.
I usually think Grit goes overboard a little in this case I tend to agree.
1 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:19 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/14/3-ucla-basketball-players-return-to-us-after-being-detained-in-china-for-allegedly-shoplifting.html.... I'd hate for those Chinese folks to serve justice with the outstanding men...

Future pro athlete if the pro’s would go to affrimitve action in the NFL and NBA where the pro teams had to represent the ethnic makeup of America.
All this protest would go away and most of the players could put a cohesive sentence together on national TV.

This is not a sentence, let alone a "cohesive sentence". :lol2: :lol:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:24 am

TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/14/3-ucla-basketball-players-return-to-us-after-being-detained-in-china-for-allegedly-shoplifting.html.... I'd hate for those Chinese folks to serve justice with the outstanding men...

Future pro athlete if the pro’s would go to affrimitve action in the NFL and NBA where the pro teams had to represent the ethnic makeup of America.
All this protest would go away and most of the players could put a cohesive sentence together on national TV.

I understand where your coming from.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:17 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Stealing isn't always about stealing, it is often a sign of a deeper issue especially when the thief is well off enough to not even need the item he or she stole.

Especially if there no consequence to your actions because you can play a sport.

My neighbor across the street when I was growing up was the most religious person I've ever known. Went to church every day of the week. Yet somehow steaks kept falling in her big purse at the grocery. They'd bust her on it, then let her go because she was a "good church woman" and just made a mistake. Lather rinse repeat. Got to be the local joke. (Maybe she needed a smaller purse). I guess if we're going to call "off with their heads" when people do stupid s__t, the same rules need to apply to a churchgoing white woman as to young black teen athletes.....
3 x

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:43 am

boondocks wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

My neighbor across the street when I was growing up was the most religious person I've ever known. Went to church every day of the week. Yet somehow steaks kept falling in her big purse at the grocery. They'd bust her on it, then let her go because she was a "good church woman" and just made a mistake. Lather rinse repeat. Got to be the local joke. (Maybe she needed a smaller purse). I guess if we're going to call "off with their heads" when people do stupid s__t, the same rules need to apply to a churchgoing white woman as to young black teen athletes.....

My wife and I work with a mission church, and a lot of that turns into trying to help troubled children and young people think about their actions and futures. Lots of children in this and surrounding areas are "raised" with little if any moral compass, the only times that they are disciplined is when the get so out of control that the parent/s get aggravated with them, and then who knows how some are disciplined. It is generational, made worse by empathy and substance abuse. My hat is off to the teachers who try to teach in these areas, a lot of parents couldn't care less about whether their children behave or learn in school. They really never have much consequences for their actions, and then when they reach adulthood they think it is just a way of life, and others such as police are in the wrong and not them. It is so tragic to see young lives end up in despair and in many cases criminal records, largely because they have not been taught to be responsible. And these are white folks in our own neck of the woods.
2 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:05 am

Heard it said,and I agree as anyone would.... it's easier to train boys and girls..then to repair men and women....
2 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:09 am

boondocks wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

Thief, robber refer to one who steals. A thief takes the goods or property of another by stealth without the latter's knowledge: like a thief in the night.A robber trespasses upon the house, property, or person of another, and makes.
The definition of thief says nothing about race or religion or being a pos if you steal.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:37 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:Heard it said,and I agree as anyone would.... it's easier to train boys and girls..then to repair men and women....

Heard my dad say a thousand times, boy you got a blank sheet of paper there.
What you write on it in the next three years you will live with the rest of your life.
2 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm

The Ball boys dad is a POS and makes it hard on his son. He sure does appreciate Trump helping his son. What a POS.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/11 ... na-arrest/
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:45 pm

jltrent wrote:The Ball boys dad is a POS and makes it hard on his son. He sure does appreciate Trump helping his son. What a POS.

I had not seen or heard of his response. Very disappointing.
2 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 pm

jltrent wrote:The Ball boys dad is a POS and makes it hard on his son. He sure does appreciate Trump helping his son. What a POS.

He's a idiot and missed a great opportunity to help the youth in this country.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:50 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

He's a idiot and missed a great opportunity to help the youth in this country.

I 100% agree with you on that. Folks in his position, along with others in the broader sports and entertainment industries should embrace the opportunity be positive role models for the youth of the country. Instead in that above article he seemed to completely ignore a real crime, saying he had seen a lot worse. In a sense it makes me wonder how we can expect any kind of good behavior from young folks, with the examples the adults in their live provide them with.
1 x

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:45 am

boondocks wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

Somehow you relate a person who "Went to church every day of the week" as "church going" and therefore never error. Going to church and religion, deals with spiritual and moral values, but not necessarily Christianity. That's a relationship.

Remember, "Going to church will no more make you a Christian, then setting in a chicken house will make you a chicken!"
4 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:50 am

boondocks wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
boondocks wrote:I seem to remember a bunch of folks on CT having admitted to shoplifting or other idiocy in the teens (or even 20s). A sorority sister of mine in college took clothes from TJ Maxx...From a good family, who got her a good attorney, resulted in a slap on the wrist. Not condoning the act; hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes made so young, just as we all (hopefully) do.

My family would of never got me out of jail much less hire an attorney for stealing. I've done a lot of bad things, but stealing isn't one of them. My pop told me stealing is the worst thing a person can do, and if I ever did he'd beat me till I was blind. I don't know what he meant, but I know he meant it. I have no use for a thief, and feel after three strikes, they deserve a bullet behind the ear.

Care to tell us what some of the bad things were that you got away with? :D

"Taking illegal deductions on federal income tax returns (is that stealing??) Naw....everybody does it so that makes it ok. :bs:
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Return to “Coffee Shop”