Fast Food Workers Rant

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
dun
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Fast Food Workers Rant

Postby dun » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:51 pm

A couple of years ago I stopped by hardees for a milk shake. Drive up window, no one in front of me, took my order right away. Had to wait 20 minutes for the milk shake. Asked if they had lost the recipe. Never have been back.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:07 pm

dun wrote:A couple of years ago I stopped by hardees for a milk shake. Drive up window, no one in front of me, took my order right away. Had to wait 20 minutes for the milk shake. Asked if they had lost the recipe. Never have been back.

Something similar happened to me.
I sat in the emergency room of metroplex hospital in Killeen Texas for three hours in unbelievable pain with a kidney stone. I finally passed it in the public restroom. Instant relief..just as I was getting my wife and leaving. They called my name...no thanks I've been here so long I've healed myself....... never went back....oh and they sent me a bill.
2 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:11 pm

One small chain I,will brag on here. Pals. They call it Pals sudden service. You order at one window and,pick,it up on the other side of the very small building. Very good burgers, shakes, fries. Everyone working there is clean, nice and effeciant.
1 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Some of those places,, around here anyway...the boss needs to drive by their homes and see how filthy some of them live... One worker at a restaurant lives by me...wouldn't eat anything she was near,let alone touched..knowingly anyway...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:55 pm

callmefence wrote: Something similar happened to me.
I sat in the emergency room of metroplex hospital in Killeen Texas for three hours in unbelievable pain with a kidney stone. I finally passed it in the public restroom. Instant relief..just as I was getting my wife and leaving. They called my name...no thanks I've been here so long I've healed myself....... never went back....oh and they sent me a bill.

You shouldn't have been billed, that's absurd. Did it get resolved? Triage-wise a kidney stone is very low priority. That being said, some ER's are very slow and it's frustrating, but without knowing what's going on out back it's hard to say why the long wait. Multiple factors include lack of beds b/c they were busy, lack of beds b/c they were trying to admit someone (I've been that guy holding up the ER waiting to get admitted), multiple traumas, crappy ER team.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:

You shouldn't have been billed, that's absurd. Did it get resolved? Triage-wise a kidney stone is very low priority. That being said, some ER's are very slow and it's frustrating, but without knowing what's going on out back it's hard to say why the long wait. Multiple factors include lack of beds b/c they were busy, lack of beds b/c they were trying to admit someone (I've been that guy holding up the ER waiting to get admitted), multiple traumas, crappy ER team.

You forgot one of the biggest causes of delays in ERs BOW, the incredible number of people who use the ER for non emergent care....you know, my kid has a fever and I never gave Tylenol or Motrin, I have a splinter, I have a cold, my butt hurts, I can't sleep...i could make a never-ending list here, but you get the point. These folks get furious when they aren't seen immediately...sorry there's chest pains, TIAs, overdoses, resp distress, motor vehicle accidents, hot appys, and the like being treated ahead of your cough and cold. They bog the entire system down, delaying care for those who truly need it sooner. It's pandemic in ERs nationwide.

Btw, someone comes in with kidney stone symptoms, I get them back as fast as possible! Had my first one last year, and that is some intense pain that needs relief pretty quick. Had a 4mm stone that had me puking, sweating and dancing in pain. So, my empathy goes a looong way there.
1 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:

I was billed for the check in. They took my blood pressure, temp etc. I IRC it was about 500.00.
My wife reminds me there was a morphine dose on the bill. I assume that a doctor ordered me some pain relief that was never delivered. She disputed the bill and won.
1 x

David Crockett

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:19 pm

callmefence wrote:I've never worked fast-food or any food service business. Nor has any of my family. My wife used to manage a BBQ place. I have no dog in this fight.

Anybody who puts down another person for working in this day in age ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Some of you folks just showed what little men you must be.

BS. They take the job they need to do the job. If they were working this thread wouldn't have been made. They were up there to get a check.
How long would you keep them on your fence crew not working, trying, or caring?
And as far as fast food places I won't step in one in the part of the country I live in.
Nasty, filthy, awful places.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:25 pm

bball wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

You forgot one of the biggest causes of delays in ERs BOW, the incredible number of people who use the ER for non emergent care....you know, my kid has a fever and I never gave Tylenol or Motrin, I have a splinter, I have a cold, my butt hurts, I can't sleep...i could make a never-ending list here, but you get the point. These folks get furious when they aren't seen immediately...sorry there's chest pains, TIAs, overdoses, resp distress, motor vehicle accidents, hot appys, and the like being treated ahead of your cough and cold. They bog the entire system down, delaying care for those who truly need it sooner. It's pandemic in ERs nationwide.

Btw, someone comes in with kidney stone symptoms, I get them back as fast as possible! Had my first one last year, and that is some intense pain that needs relief pretty quick. Had a 4mm stone that had me puking, sweating and dancing in pain. So, my empathy goes a looong way there.

It’s something l never need to experience. The passing it part has got to be awful, partly because of the anticipation.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby snoopdog » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:42 pm

callmefence wrote:I've never worked fast-food or any food service business. Nor has any of my family. My wife used to manage a BBQ place. I have no dog in this fight.

Anybody who puts down another person for working in this day in age ought to be ashamed of themselves.
I have , and had a bunch of frat rats come in every saturday night , after the bars closed, denigrating me and my coworkers , because we worked there if for no other reason . I had just got out of the military , and was going to school , and basically needed beer money . You should have seen their faces when I had my cupful, and hopped the counter! Not a one took me up on my offer . It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
7 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm

jedstivers wrote:

BS. They take the job they need to do the job. If they were working this thread wouldn't have been made. They were up there to get a check.
And as far as fast food places I won't step in one in the part of the country I live in.

I didn't say anything about individuals not doing their job. I said something about putting someone down for where they work. Which is where this thread was headed. Fire the sob that didn't give waco his dipping sauce.. :roll: I could care less. I've never worked fast-food.
But if my family needed it I would build fence all day and flip burgers all night.
2 x

David Crockett

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 pm

callmefence wrote:
jedstivers wrote:

I didn't say anything about individuals not doing their job. I said something about putting someone down for where they work. Which is where this thread was headed. Fire the sob that didn't give waco his dipping sauce.. :roll: I could care less. I've never worked fast-food.
But if my family needed it I would build fence all day and flip burgers all night.

Well the thread started about them not doing their job. You got on them saying they were putting someone down for having a job while in reality they were putting them down for being useless.
I'll never but someone down for having any kind of job. However if they have that job they better do it to 100% of ability. Most however don't.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 pm

jedstivers wrote:
callmefence wrote:
jedstivers wrote:BS. They take the job they need to do the job. If they were working this thread wouldn't have been made. They were up there to get a check.

Well the thread started about them not doing their job. You got on them saying they were putting someone down for having a job while in reality they were putting them down for being useless.
I'll never but someone down for having any kind of job. However if they have that job they better do it to 100% of ability. Most however don't.

You might wanna read all the post between the first and mine.
Maybe you never make mistakes.
Most people do. I know I do and when I do I do my best to fix them and move on. As serious as dipping sauce is, I'm sure the matter could have been resolved... :D
1 x

David Crockett

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 pm

callmefence wrote:
jedstivers wrote:
callmefence wrote:

Most people do. I know I do and when I do I do my best to fix them and move on. As serious as dipping sauce is, I'm sure the matter could have been resolved... :D

I did read every post in order.
I said nothing about mistakes. I said 100%.
For some people 100% isn't much but I'd much rather have them than one giving 40 or even 80.
Even if the 100 percenter didn't come to the level of the other one giving much less.
Not everyone is equal but everyone can give all they have. Doesn't happen often and that's your fast food workers. And a lot more but I really don't want to start a lost.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:14 pm

jedstivers wrote:
callmefence wrote:
jedstivers wrote:Well the thread started about them not doing their job. You got on them saying they were putting someone down for having a job while in reality they were putting them down for being useless.

I did read every post in order.
I said nothing about mistakes. I said 100%.
For some people 100% isn't much but I'd much rather have them than one giving 40 or even 80.
Even if the 100 percenter didn't come to the level of the other one giving much less.
Not everyone is equal but everyone can give all they have. Doesn't happen often and that's your fast food workers. And a lot more but I really don't want to start a lost.

Goodnight jed
0 x

David Crockett

Return to “Coffee Shop”