A well armed militia.

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

A well armed militia.

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:32 am

I'm beginning to think maybe I am crazy? There's two lines of people in Academy buying guns already this morning. I think I'll just pay more for what guns I want from now on.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: A well armed militia.

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:48 am

I have had many differ makes and models of guns in my lifetime. However, at this point, I want a few of the ones that are superior and have a clear use in my arsenal. I am now down to only a few. 4 handguns, 4 rifles and a sporting clays O/U. I have reached a point in life where possessions are becoming more of a burden than they are a benefit. I have stuff, I wish I could get rid of.
3 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:54 am

I've always thought a man can't have to many 22 rifles. Considering the amount of lead that got pumped into my tank dam yesterday I might be wrong. I would take about 10 bricks at 40 bucks. But I ain't going to town.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:01 am

Bright Raven wrote:I have had many differ makes and models of guns in my lifetime. However, at this point, I want a few of the ones that are superior and have a clear use in my arsenal. I am now down to only a few. 4 handguns, 4 rifles and a sporting clays O/U. I have reached a point in life where possessions are becoming more of a burden than they are a benefit. I have stuff, I wish I could get rid of.

I can be there tomorrow to pick up anything your wanting to give away. I'm buying another evil AR, another Judge and a 40 S&W pistol for a throw a way truck gun. I have a small family militia that I'm arming.
Fence 22's were $20. a brick last night at Dick's. The Ruger 10/22 is what I have a collection of, they seem to be a pretty good weapon.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:27 am

callmefence wrote:I've always thought a man can't have to many 22 rifles. Considering the amount of lead that got pumped into my tank dam yesterday I might be wrong. I would take about 10 bricks at 40 bucks. But I ain't going to town.

I have a pile of 10/22’s one by each door of the house on the Mule in both trucks.
1 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I have had many differ makes and models of guns in my lifetime. However, at this point, I want a few of the ones that are superior and have a clear use in my arsenal. I am now down to only a few. 4 handguns, 4 rifles and a sporting clays O/U. I have reached a point in life where possessions are becoming more of a burden than they are a benefit. I have stuff, I wish I could get rid of.

I can be there tomorrow to pick up anything your wanting to give away. I'm buying another evil AR, another Judge and a 40 S&W pistol for a throw a way truck gun. I have a small family militia that I'm arming.
Fence 22's were $20. a brick last night at Dick's. The Ruger 10/22 is what I have a collection of, they seem to be a pretty good weapon.

I was looking for a 40 but all the sale papers I looked at only had 9s and 380s.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:49 am

True Grit Farms wrote:

i got a colt 38 with the numbers already ground off, if your interested... Be perfect for that behind the ear shot....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:45 am

no way they can be bought in person cheaper than online....
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:42 pm

dieselbeef wrote:no way they can be bought in person cheaper than online....
:bs:
Maybe you should shop around Gary and compare the net cost of the firearm or ammo. It cost me $25. for each gun to have it delivered to my local FFL dealer, and sometimes I have to pay shipping. I buy something off Slickguns monthly and I price shop for each purchase.
0 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:48 pm

dieselbeef wrote:no way they can be bought in person cheaper than online....

Not true at all.
Also a record of online purchases. No paper from private sales. At least in this state.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Around here, at the flea markets..there are table loads of ammo sold fairly cheap...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:51 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Around here, at the flea markets..there are table loads of ammo sold fairly cheap...

I'll pass...
0 x

David Crockett

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:55 pm

callmefence wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:Around here, at the flea markets..there are table loads of ammo sold fairly cheap...

I'll pass...

Why?
And I'm really asking why you would, not trying to mess with you.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:00 pm

jedstivers wrote:
callmefence wrote:

I'll pass...

Why?

I've been known to reuse sandwich bags. But I draw the line at flea market ammo.
I guess maybe for plinking and such .but turning a round loose can be a serious matter.
0 x

David Crockett

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:14 pm

callmefence wrote:
jedstivers wrote:
callmefence wrote:
I'll pass...

Why?

I've been known to reuse sandwich bags. But I draw the line at flea market ammo.
I guess maybe for plinking and such .but turning a round loose can be a serious matter.

Thx
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”