Walter Cronkite accused...

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Walter Cronkite accused...

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 am

M & P wrote:I get what grit is saying you cannot stop a predator if nobody speaks up, but not that long ago say late 90s there was victim shaming from the White House of all places, I'm sure that was not very encouraging for women to speak up

Quite a standard they set wasn't it?
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:06 am

I was in an uncomfortable situation yesterday.
The back story:
A little over a month ago, my blood thinner was changed from Plavix to Xarelto, and I've also and always will be on the 81mg asprin routine. 2 weeks later, I went to pee one night and my urine was unmistakably colored dark red--blood. A first for me in my lifetime and it was a shock. Called my cardio doc and she told me to immediately stop the xarelto and be in her office the next morning for blood work and submit a urine sample. Long story short, she referred me to a urologist to see if something's going on with kidney or bladder as Xarelto itself doesn't cause bleeding. Hard to get a doc appointment quickly so it took until yesterday to see a urologist. Went in he did the usual workup and questions and his nurse took some more blood, then told me to go to the checkout so the office girl could set up a referral for a catscan.

She's a comparatively young woman behind a counter, sitting at her computer, looking for ph# and fax# for my cardiologists, and looking up at me asking me questions. I'm 6'4". She's about 32" in front of me, and she's down at office chair level, and has this kinda lowcut blouse on that's showing way more cleavage than I was comfortable looking at. It was impossible, to talk directly down to her without seeing it--Cleavage. This is NOT her, but a pic off the web of a lady that is a little older but that is pretty representative of what she was wearing and showing, except I was looking down at her from above, and the girl yesterday was showing a bit more than this one. It made me both self conscious and more than a little uncomfortable considering all that has been in the news lately.

Told my wife about it, and she just said "Just look her in the eyes when you talk to her."
Me: "Field of vision isn't tunnel vision--the farther the distance the more is seen--impossible NOT to see it."
I guess I'm just going to be nice.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:29 am

I figure the purpose for wearing those low cut tops is to make it easier for you to see them....just don't say anything.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:31 am

greybeard wrote:I was in an uncomfortable situation yesterday.
The back story:
A little over a month ago, my blood thinner was changed from Plavix to Xarelto, and I've also and always will be on the 81mg asprin routine. 2 weeks later, I went to pee one night and my urine was unmistakably colored dark red--blood. A first for me in my lifetime and it was a shock. Called my cardio doc and she told me to immediately stop the xarelto and be in her office the next morning for blood work and submit a urine sample. Long story short, she referred me to a urologist to see if something's going on with kidney or bladder as Xarelto itself doesn't cause bleeding. Hard to get a doc appointment quickly so it took until yesterday to see a urologist. Went in he did the usual workup and questions and his nurse took some more blood, then told me to go to the checkout so the office girl could set up a referral for a catscan.

She's a comparatively young woman behind a counter, sitting at her computer, looking for ph# and fax# for my cardiologists, and looking up at me asking me questions. I'm 6'4". She's about 32" in front of me, and she's down at office chair level, and has this kinda lowcut blouse on that's showing way more cleavage than I was comfortable looking at. It was impossible, to talk directly down to her without seeing it--Cleavage. This is NOT her, but a pic off the web of a lady that is a little older but that is pretty representative of what she was wearing and showing, except I was looking down at her from above, and the girl yesterday was showing a bit more than this one. It made me both self conscious and more than a little uncomfortable considering all that has been in the news lately.

Told my wife about it, and she just said "Just look her in the eyes when you talk to her."
Me: "Field of vision isn't tunnel vision--the farther the distance the more is seen--impossible NOT to see it."
I guess I'm just going to be nice.

Laughing. Hehehe Ha! There is no such thing as too much cleavage. It falls in the same category as too much Ammo! And I always look and always will. Having said that, it has caused a couple of my more memorable and more regrettable life experiences.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 am

I don't remember who it was now, but one of the old now deceased comedians always referred to it as "my old friend Cleavage"
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:46 am

greybeard wrote:I don't remember who it was now, but one of the old now deceased comedians always referred to it as "my old friend Cleavage"

An old friend of mine, he is 80 now, was a kind of a shadetree philosopher. And yes, he was a womanizer. He said this:

An unmarried woman who shows too much cleavage is trying to look good.

A married woman who shows too much cleavage is saying "I need some spice in my life."
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:37 am

Just because you're too old to cut the mustard doesn;t mean you can;t lick the jar
2 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:01 am

Pamela Anderson weighs in on some of the Hollywood assaults.
2 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Return to “Coffee Shop”