Walter Cronkite accused...

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Re: Walter Cronkite accused...

Postby ga.prime » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:12 am

And that's the way it is
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:38 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Think of it however you want, I put most of the blame on the woman. Each and everyone of the women could of spoke out or slapped the crap out of the accused abuser. They didn't because it wasn't that big of a deal, or they wanted the money. A lot of women will use evey tool in the box to get a promotion, power or a sugar daddy. There's a heck of a lot more female gold diggers than male gold diggers in this country. I agree 100% there's no place for this kind of stuff but it'll only stop if the women do their part.

This is an asinine stance. Try putting yourself into their situation. Imagine yourself as at 120 lbs, and some big 200 lb comes up to you. What are you going to do? You're going to try and survive. And let's say that your life depends on your job, and you know that you have some guy in HR with your attitude. That it's YOUR fault for being a woman that this guy couldn't stop himself from raping you or grabbing your anatomical differences. So you go there and instead of him getting in trouble, you get shoved out the door. So now your jobless, potentially homeless and potentially careerless b/c your "whining" about "what happened" (which is dismissed as a benign groping) follows you b/c that guy that did that to you, he's a big name so-and-so. So what are you going to do? Probably hide under any chair, table, etc for a long time.

Victim shaming is why we continue to have this problem. If everyone stopped blaming the women for "causing" them to be assaulted or raped, and started blaming the perpetrator maybe we'd get somewhere.
2 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Think of it however you want, I put most of the blame on the woman. Each and everyone of the women could of spoke out or slapped the crap out of the accused abuser. They didn't because it wasn't that big of a deal, or they wanted the money. A lot of women will use evey tool in the box to get a promotion, power or a sugar daddy. There's a heck of a lot more female gold diggers than male gold diggers in this country. I agree 100% there's no place for this kind of stuff but it'll only stop if the women do their part.

This is an asinine stance. Try putting yourself into their situation. Imagine yourself as at 120 lbs, and some big 200 lb comes up to you. What are you going to do? You're going to try and survive. And let's say that your life depends on your job, and you know that you have some guy in HR with your attitude. That it's YOUR fault for being a woman that this guy couldn't stop himself from raping you or grabbing your anatomical differences. So you go there and instead of him getting in trouble, you get shoved out the door. So now your jobless, potentially homeless and potentially careerless b/c your "whining" about "what happened" (which is dismissed as a benign groping) follows you b/c that guy that did that to you, he's a big name so-and-so. So what are you going to do? Probably hide under any chair, table, etc for a long time.

Victim shaming is why we continue to have this problem. If everyone stopped blaming the women for "causing" them to be assaulted or raped, and started blaming the perpetrator maybe we'd get somewhere.

If a woman scratches and claws someone something might get done. If you don't take up for yourself you can't expect someone else to.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:I have to say, I'm fairly disappointed in this crowd for making light of the situation(s). This type of response is exactly why so many women have just put up with this c**p in the workplace for so long. For every one of the celebs out there being accused, there are thousands more non-celebs that put this on their female co-workers on a regular basis. If the current coverage of the matter causes them to think twice about their behavior, I call that a step in the right direction. Although none of the recent high-profile accusations have been taken to trial, and there are 3 sides to every story (the victim, the antagonist and the truth), victim shaming in sexual assault / mis-conduct is NEVER ok. End of rant!

Think of it however you want, I put most of the blame on the woman. Each and everyone of the women could of spoke out or slapped the crap out of the accused abuser. They didn't because it wasn't that big of a deal, or they wanted the money. A lot of women will use evey tool in the box to get a promotion, power or a sugar daddy. There's a heck of a lot more female gold diggers than male gold diggers in this country. I agree 100% there's no place for this kind of stuff but it'll only stop if the women do their part.

true grit, it would be interesting to see your response when you discover a female in your family has had this happen to them. Course you may not be alive when it finally comes out because they're not up to your way of handling the situation and don't openly talk about it.

You think "Each and everyone of the women could of spoke out or slapped the crap out of the accused abuser" just shows your simple mindedness.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:00 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:If a woman scratches and claws someone something might get done. If you don't take up for yourself you can't expect someone else to.

This is still victim blaming. It's basically saying "She deserved to get raped. Even though she said no, she didn't fight back, so she wanted it." And what about those cases where the woman is drugged and can't fight back? Or there's multiple assailants? Or, or, or??? There is no scenario where it becomes the woman's fault. Period.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:22 pm

There is some substance to what True Grit is saying. I think he could have expressed it in less offensive terms. I read his point to mean that in some cases (we are generalizing, each case has its unique circumstances), the failure to resist renders them complicit. Furthermore, regardless of circumstances, a woman has to live with her silence. I don't think by nature I am cut from that fabric.

Edited to add: I am referencing sexual harassment not rape.
1 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:10 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:I have to say, I'm fairly disappointed in this crowd for making light of the situation(s). This type of response is exactly why so many women have just put up with this c**p in the workplace for so long. For every one of the celebs out there being accused, there are thousands more non-celebs that put this on their female co-workers on a regular basis. If the current coverage of the matter causes them to think twice about their behavior, I call that a step in the right direction. Although none of the recent high-profile accusations have been taken to trial, and there are 3 sides to every story (the victim, the antagonist and the truth), victim shaming in sexual assault / mis-conduct is NEVER ok. End of rant!

Think of it however you want, I put most of the blame on the woman. Each and everyone of the women could of spoke out or slapped the crap out of the accused abuser. They didn't because it wasn't that big of a deal, or they wanted the money. A lot of women will use evey tool in the box to get a promotion, power or a sugar daddy. There's a heck of a lot more female gold diggers than male gold diggers in this country. I agree 100% there's no place for this kind of stuff but it'll only stop if the women do their part.

Your first sentence is exactly why so many women have never spoken out until now. It is due to the support of most that victims now feel like they can have their say. To say they didn't speak out until now because it "wasn't that big of a deal or is financially motivated" only belies your ignorance on the subject. I will give you credit for pointing out how us women will use every trick in the book to get a promotion.... because often times we have to! I know what it feels like to work along side men who make far more money for the same position, but have less education, experience AND time with a company. And don't mistake me for a liberal, feminist or snowflake because of my stance on this. I am none of the above and am proudly conservative, but I'm calling a major :bs: on this one!
Last edited by Boot Jack Bulls on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Bright Raven wrote:There is some substance to what True Grit is saying. I think he could have expressed it in less offensive terms. I read his point to mean that in some cases (we are generalizing, each case has its unique circumstances), the failure to resist renders them complicit. Furthermore, regardless of circumstances, a woman has to live with her silence. I don't think by nature I am cut from that fabric.

I understand what you are getting at, but weather it be a rape, harassment or whatever, silence should never be taken as consent.....
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:34 pm

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:There is some substance to what True Grit is saying. I think he could have expressed it in less offensive terms. I read his point to mean that in some cases (we are generalizing, each case has its unique circumstances), the failure to resist renders them complicit. Furthermore, regardless of circumstances, a woman has to live with her silence. I don't think by nature I am cut from that fabric.

I understand what you are getting at, but weather it be a rape, harassment or whatever, silence should never be taken as consent.....

Absolutely. It is not consent, however, many of the harassment and/or misconduct reports include actions on the part of the victim that throw up red flags. Example, the Matt Lauer story. A man asks a woman to unbutton her blouse and she fulfills that request. After that act, the flood gates are now open!
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:

Absolutely. It is not consent, however, many of the harassment and/or misconduct reports include actions on the part of the victim that throw up red flags. Example, the Matt Lauer story. A man asks a woman to unbutton her blouse and she fulfills that request. After that act, the flood gates are now open!

True as it pertains to that particular incident. But I've also heard he locked her in. I also wonder if he was her professional superior. Those two points may mitigate/ outweigh his defense. If she was locked in a room by a superior, she could claim she feared for her safety and complied with the hopes that doing so would bring an end to the incident. My previous statements where intended to be taken in a broader scope, since none of us can claim to know the truth of any particular incident unless we were present.
2 x

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:57 pm

I am sorry but I must say that there is equal blame on both sides. I have personally had to fire two employees, one man, and one woman because of this Crap in the work place. They were both good employees and I didn't want to lose either of them but I was forced to because of this bu77shizz PC and hurt feelioma.
0 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Rape and sexual harassment in the work place are two different things. If you were raped and know who the perpetrator was and didn't report the crime, does that makes you a accessory to the next rape they commit?
Sounds to me like some folks would rather make excuses to do nothing than to get involved, the right choice isn't always the easy choice. If everyone will fight back sexual harassment will stop. I'm sure sexual harassment has slowed down tremendously in the last few months, why? Because people are fighting back against it, that's why.
Fight back don't be a victim.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:49 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Rape and sexual harassment in the work place are two different things. If you were raped and know who the perpetrator was and didn't report the crime, does that makes you a accessory to the next rape they commit?
Sounds to me like some folks would rather make excuses to do nothing than to get involved, the right choice isn't always the easy choice. If everyone will fight back sexual harassment will stop. I'm sure sexual harassment has slowed down tremendously in the last few months, why? Because people are fighting back against it, that's why.
Fight back don't be a victim.

Good save grit... :clap: :clap: :D
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

M & P
Beginner
Beginner

Postby M & P » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 pm

I get what grit is saying you cannot stop a predator if nobody speaks up, but not that long ago say late 90s there was victim shaming from the White House of all places, I'm sure that was not very encouraging for women to speak up
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:05 am

What goes on between men and women in the work place, be it white collar or blue collar, is not a revelation! The nature of it has a broad face. It is impossible to divide the blame on any proportion but women harbor some blame. Its naive to not recognize the cases of women initiating flirting and voluntarily engage in sexual misconduct. Some even find it playful. :D

So let's not be naive. What is not acceptable is using position to gain sexual favors. Men who use a position of power to intimidate, badger, and harass a woman is wrongful. This gets back on point to Grit's statement. Grit is correct. In the state of things today, she needs to slap the shyt out of the guy, report him, etc. Every circumstance is unique, there are scenarios where taking action is difficult. It should not be that way, but Grit is correct. Women need to take action.

Having said all that, we all know that 90 percent of the high profile cases are related to money! Matt Lauer has probably spent the week making out-of-public settlements. My guess is his personal worth went down 50 percent this week.

'As ye sow, so shall ye reap' fits him to a T!
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”