Why is it?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Dave
GURU
GURU

Why is it?

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:10 am

That with all the Christmas shopping ads, the women get jewelry and the men get tools?
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Re: Why is it?

Postby Rafter S » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 am

Would you rather have jewelry?
5 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Rafter S wrote:Would you rather have jewelry?

No, I would rather have guns, ammo, fishing tackle.... But buy a woman something that she has to work with and watch the response.
1 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Dave wrote:
Rafter S wrote:Would you rather have jewelry?

No, I would rather have guns, ammo, fishing tackle.... But buy a woman something that she has to work with and watch the response.

No thank you. I'd like to think I'm smarter than that (though I'll admit I haven't always been).
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:38 pm

My wife would prefer tools. Seems like I won one.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Well, Dave, maybe I'm complicated but after managing the ranch by myself for essentially a year (prior & after my husbands surgery) he wanted to get me something fabulous for Christmas. He actually found a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings that I liked but what I really want is a small, maybe 14' bumper pull stock trailer because I absolutely suck at backing up that big-azz gooseneck and it's a pain when you only need to haul a couple cows/bulls/whatever. And there's a flannel shirt I really like from LL Bean. Over the years my priorities have changed. BTW he's getting ridiculously expensive recliner.
4 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:22 pm

TCRanch wrote:Well, Dave, maybe I'm complicated but after managing the ranch by myself for essentially a year (prior & after my husbands surgery) he wanted to get me something fabulous for Christmas. He actually found a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings that I liked but what I really want is a small, maybe 14' bumper pull stock trailer because I absolutely suck at backing up that big-azz gooseneck and it's a pain when you only need to haul a couple cows/bulls/whatever. And there's a flannel shirt I really like from LL Bean. Over the years my priorities have changed. BTW he's getting ridiculously expensive recliner.

The big one is easier to back.
2 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Yep, and if you can back a bumper pull pretty handy..goosenecks are a breeze...
1 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:53 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Yep, and if you can back a bumper pull pretty handy..goosenecks are a breeze...

Really? I can back the Versa Tote & the dump trailer no problem but the stock trailer takes multiple tries. Went to the vet 15 minutes early because I was afraid it would take me that long to back into the unloading pen - and it did. Even backing/parking it in the exact spot where he likes it is a major ordeal. Self fulfilling prophesy or nerves? Smaller one would still be much easier to pull into some of the pastures, etc. Plan B: they do make small goosenecks.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:02 pm

I can back a gooseneck through a key hole.. But a bumper pull I'll jack knife 3-4 times before I get it where I need it... :(
1 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:27 pm

I hate an 8 foot 2 wheel trailer and I own one.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 pm

TCRanch wrote:Well, Dave, maybe I'm complicated but after managing the ranch by myself for essentially a year (prior & after my husbands surgery) he wanted to get me something fabulous for Christmas. He actually found a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings that I liked but what I really want is a small, maybe 14' bumper pull stock trailer because I absolutely suck at backing up that big-azz gooseneck and it's a pain when you only need to haul a couple cows/bulls/whatever. And there's a flannel shirt I really like from LL Bean. Over the years my priorities have changed. BTW he's getting ridiculously expensive recliner.

Ima need you to speak to my wife please!!!!!
3 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:My wife would prefer tools. Seems like I won one.

While I do like jewelry, I prefer something that I can use. One of the better gifts my husband has given to me was a cordless drill. I loved the vacuum cleaner he gave me a few years ago (yes, really). He even gave me a blender one time. I was very happy to get all of those gifts! He has also given me a couple of very pretty necklaces. A few years ago, he gave me a great set of heavy-duty jumper cables. The gun case was a nice idea as well.

I guess I'm one of those odd ones.
1 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:53 pm

I know there are women who like tools. My wife is one of those. In fact I would be in trouble if I bought her jewelry. I comment was about all the ads pushing things for Christmas gifts.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Dave wrote:I know there are women who like tools. My wife is one of those. In fact I would be in trouble if I bought her jewelry. I comment was about all the ads pushing things for Christmas gifts.

Those ads are disgusting. I read a book once that stated there is a glut of diamonds but they limit output to keep demand high and use advertising to make people think they’re valuable.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Return to “Coffee Shop”