It takes a 1000 years

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: It takes a 1000 years

Postby TexasBred » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 am

Bright Raven wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:Preachers can't save lost souls....thankfully.

Tell that to those who send them their money. :D

Saw where the "Right Reverend Creflo Dollar (yes Dollar) spend $85 million on a new private jet so he can spread the word faster. His wife's name is Taffy. Got one of those "name it and claim it get rich quick" ministries on TV. Quiet talented at misleading the masses.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 am

TexasBred wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Saw where the "Right Reverend Creflo Dollar (yes Dollar) spend $85 million on a new private jet so he can spread the word faster. His wife's name is Taffy. Got one of those "name it and claim it get rich quick" ministries on TV. Quiet talented at misleading the masses.

Selling the masses immortality. It is legal. Too bad the sheep don't donate the money to a reputable charity.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:33 am

Mr. And Mrs. Dollar. Yes. Dollar.

0 x
Make America Happy Again

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:08 am

Bright Raven wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Selling the masses immortality. It is legal. Too bad the sheep don't donate the money to a reputable charity.

Anyone dumb enough to think they can buy their way into heaven doesn't deserve to have money.

Could you just be a pirate for a thousand years?
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:32 am

Better Creflo Dollar than H Rap Brown.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 am

Jogeephus wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Saw where the "Right Reverend Creflo Dollar (yes Dollar) spend $85 million on a new private jet so he can spread the word faster. His wife's name is Taffy. Got one of those "name it and claim it get rich quick" ministries on TV. Quiet talented at misleading the masses.

Anyone dumb enough to think they can buy their way into heaven doesn't deserve to have money.

According to some working for the government is the same thing. So I have already done that. 8)
2 x
Make America Happy Again

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:58 pm

ga.prime wrote:Better Creflo Dollar than H Rap Brown.

Yes. But a harsh contrast:

"If America don't come around,
We're gonna burn it down. "
H. Rap Brown
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

According to some working for the government is the same thing. So I have already done that. 8)

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: You were there during the post drainage era which should have been the glory days of pirating before it was offensive to grope and steal and make side deals with the russians. :lol: :lol:
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: You were there during the post drainage era which should have been the glory days of pirating before it was offensive to grope and steal and make side deals with the russians. :lol: :lol:

You mean the Pre-Drainage Era?

Yes. I was there in the Age of the Pirate. When Pirates ruled the land like giant Tyrannosaurus rex. Those glorious days when we rode rough shod over the regulated community.

I saw first hand the first aquaducts to bring water in to fill the swamp. We called that "The Age of Occupation." Before government filled the swamp, there was only the primordial swamp from which all government would evolve.
1 x
Make America Happy Again

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Yes. I was there in the Age of the Pirate. When Pirates ruled the land like giant Tyrannosaurus rex. Those glorious days when we rode rough shod over the regulated community.

I saw first hand the first aquaducts to bring water in to fill the swamp. We called that "The Age of Occupation." Before government filled the swamp, there was only the primordial swamp from which all government would evolve.

Yes, pre-drainage is what I meant. Must have been thrilling to see one small government agency evolve and morph into many new, strange and often unheard of agencies and where each employee was given the privilege of creating a new piece of paperwork with some odd number before retiring and drawing their pension. These forms insure that their time in the government will never be forgotten. :lol:
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:

Yes, pre-drainage is what I meant. Must have been thrilling to see one small government agency evolve and morph into many new, strange and often unheard of agencies and where each employee was given the privilege of creating a new piece of paperwork with some odd number before retiring and drawing their pension. These forms insure that their time in the government will never be forgotten. :lol:

I shall never forget the heavy weight I felt the day I retired. Knowing that I was leaving behind thousands and thousands of documents. It was like leaving one of your infant children beside a remote wooded trail. Never to see them again, knowing that you had nurtured them; products of your own labors. I wish you had not reminded me. I remember that my office was littered with documents that needed to be properly filed and archived before I left. It was a daunting task. The thought occurred to me - If I run about half these through the shredders, no one will ever know and the task will be made less daunting, but when I stood before the shredder, I said NO. This is my legacy. I shall leave with it intact.
1 x
Make America Happy Again

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Left it for someone else to shred then.. :cowboy:
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:48 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Left it for someone else to shred then.. :cowboy:

:banana:

Poor guy.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:32 pm

I’d like to go to a joust. See an entire medieval army roll past on foot would be a site. Walk through a castle while it was inhabited by its original owners. I’d also like to visit colonial America when the West was what we now know as Ohio. I think a plantation in full swing would be a disgusting, but interesting,thing to see. I’d like to visit the Roaring 20’s and walk through labor camps of the depression. And experience a civil rights march of the 60’s, and live through 70’s.
2 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Touch not God's anointed.
0 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

Return to “Coffee Shop”