Beat this...

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4497
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa

Beat this...

Postby alisonb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:11 am

We have all done stupid things and are still doing them. Sometimes it's because we are rattled, preoccupied or just not thinking...

Today I was in town, had the aircon on in the truck as it is as hot as H here so obviously had the windows closed. Had to reverse into a tiny little parking which usually would not have been a problem but there was a huge security truck parked in the wrong spot obscuring the traffic. I decided I needed a better look at the car next to me so attempted to put my head out of the window...crash, hit my forehead a good shot on the window :lol: :lol: No, it was not funny, bloody sore and humiliating :dunce:

Can anyone beat my :dunce: stunt? If not just have a good laugh at my expense :D
1 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4596
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Beat this...

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:25 am

I post in this forum thinking posters would get a laugh out of it, but instead I get unasked for suggestions and then insults against my husband and I... Beat that one....lol
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4497
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Beat this...

Postby alisonb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 am

Wouldn't take it too seriously cowgirl8, just laugh it off ;-) . You may not have asked for suggestions but what I saw in that thread was kind people seeing you in a fix and offering help ;-)
3 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3201
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Beat this...

Postby wacocowboy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:10 am

That’s a good one Alison I have done a few of those in my life. At least the window didn’t break and cut you. Be careful out there.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22408
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Beat this...

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:00 am

alisonb wrote:We have all done stupid things and are still doing them. Sometimes it's because we are rattled, preoccupied or just not thinking...

Today I was in town, had the aircon on in the truck as it is as hot as H here so obviously had the windows closed. Had to reverse into a tiny little parking which usually would not have been a problem but there was a huge security truck parked in the wrong spot obscuring the traffic. I decided I needed a better look at the car next to me so attempted to put my head out of the window...crash, hit my forehead a good shot on the window :lol: :lol: No, it was not funny, bloody sore and humiliating :dunce:

Can anyone beat my :dunce: stunt? If not just have a good laugh at my expense :D



My wife caught the kitchen sink on fire several years ago. That is pretty hard to beat.
1 x

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7143
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Beat this...

Postby Brute 23 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:43 am

I have done it with my head and hand before. I ride around with the windows down so much that some times I forget they are up.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6550
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Beat this...

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 am

Image
In a rush to go hunting and forgot to secure my load.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9358
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Beat this...

Postby slick4591 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:03 am

I went to Nebraska a few months back to pick up a heifer. We stopped in a rest area in Oklahoma and as I was returning to the truck I looked down to check the hitch. Apparently, I got distracted and didn't slip the collar over to lock it. That one sent shivers down my spine.
1 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: 50 miles south of Kansas City

Re: Beat this...

Postby D2Cat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:11 am

We have a double car detached garage. "Someone" in the family went out of the house, hit the garage door button for the first door. Got in the vehicle furthest away, backed up....right through the door.
1 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29336
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Beat this...

Postby TexasBred » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 am

wacocowboy wrote:That’s a good one Alison I have done a few of those in my life. At least the window didn’t break and cut you. Be careful out there.

I've bounced several beer cans off the window with that one last swallow of hot beer in the bottom. Need to go back to smoking so the window will always be down.
2 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22408
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Beat this...

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:46 am

D2Cat wrote:We have a double car detached garage. "Someone" in the family went out of the house, hit the garage door button for the first door. Got in the vehicle furthest away, backed up....right through the door.



Mrs turned a Ford Fairlane station wagon completely around in a two car garage because here side garage door wouldn’t open. Car started out pointing South she turned it around heading north and drove out my door. You know that power steering pump had to be screaming. I would have never attempted the feat myself and have no clue how she didn’t get it stuck wedged in someway.
I bet I lost half the tread life off the front tires along with my butt because her side wouldn’t work.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6661
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Beat this...

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:45 am

Loaded up a full trailer load of cows at the summer pasture. Slammed the door shut and got busy with something else. Got home and went to open the door. I had hauled a full trailer load of big cows with the door just held shut by the slam latch.
0 x

User avatar
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3201
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Beat this...

Postby wacocowboy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am

TexasBred wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:That’s a good one Alison I have done a few of those in my life. At least the window didn’t break and cut you. Be careful out there.

I've bounced several beer cans off the window with that one last swallow of hot beer in the bottom. Need to go back to smoking so the window will always be down.


Shouldn’t litter :hide:
1 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

User avatar
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Nw Alabama

Re: Beat this...

Postby Craig Miller » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:12 am

I bought cows
4 x

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2678
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Beat this...

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:18 am

slick4591 wrote:I went to Nebraska a few months back to pick up a heifer. We stopped in a rest area in Oklahoma and as I was returning to the truck I looked down to check the hitch. Apparently, I got distracted and didn't slip the collar over to lock it. That one sent shivers down my spine.

I know that feeling as well!!
1 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dlh and 4 guests