Beat this...

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Beat this...

Postby TexasBred » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:38 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:That’s a good one Alison I have done a few of those in my life. At least the window didn’t break and cut you. Be careful out there.

I've bounced several beer cans off the window with that one last swallow of hot beer in the bottom. Need to go back to smoking so the window will always be down.

Shouldn’t litter :hide:

Waco I try to throw them out where you see those signs advertising "Next 2 miles adoped by Wacocowboy and Family". :lol: :lol:
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:59 pm

TexasBred wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
TexasBred wrote:I've bounced several beer cans off the window with that one last swallow of hot beer in the bottom. Need to go back to smoking so the window will always be down.

Shouldn’t litter :hide:

Waco I try to throw them out where you see those signs advertising "Next 2 miles adoped by Wacocowboy and Family". :lol: :lol:

You must think I am rich adopting a hwy. I am just a poor old cow poke I can’t afford to adopt the county road in front of my house. Sometimes I do feel lol me I have adopted my county road since I have to shred the ditches.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Broke my nose pulling nails out of old barn boards (hit my nose with my hand which had the hammer attached to it. So basically I punched myself and broke my nose).
Jumped out of the end of the bed of the pickup and caught my foot in the whatchmacallit (cabley thing) that holds the gate up/down. Faceplanted on the concrete, broken foot still caught in the cable up above. (Said foot can now predict the rain).
My family nickname is Grace. They do not mean it kindly.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:35 am

boondocks wrote:Broke my nose pulling nails out of old barn boards (hit my nose with my hand which had the hammer attached to it. So basically I punched myself and broke my nose).
Jumped out of the end of the bed of the pickup and caught my foot in the whatchmacallit (cabley thing) that holds the gate up/down. Faceplanted on the concrete, broken foot still caught in the cable up above. (Said foot can now predict the rain).

The "Grace" thing reminds me of an old saying of my dads. "As graceful as the bird we call an elephant"
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:44 am

Image[/url]
[/img]
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 am

Cross-7 wrote:Image[/url]
[/img]

Cross there comes a time when you just have to say "dang, I'm stuck". You went way past that point
0 x

hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU

Postby hillbilly beef man » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:03 am

boondocks wrote:Broke my nose pulling nails out of old barn boards (hit my nose with my hand which had the hammer attached to it. So basically I punched myself and broke my nose).

Ever got your pants leg caught on the clutch pedal jumping off of am open station? One way trip to kiss the ground.
0 x
There is no education in the second kick of a mule.

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:45 am

On the way to the jobsite one morning, always get a Dr pepper fountain drink and have my old cup for a spit cup, grabbed the wrong one to get a drink and got a big gulp of Copenhagen. Worst than that, was at a bar one night with the wife had two cups in my hand wife grabbed one and took a drink, she grabbed the wrong one, never knew someone could actually turn green in the face, or that it would take that long to get out of the doghouse.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:02 pm

Craig Miller wrote:
Cross-7 wrote:Image[/url]
[/img]

Cross there comes a time when you just have to say "dang, I'm stuck". You went way past that point

That is what 4x4 is good for is to get you 25 feet farther than you have chain.

My worst stupid tax was a Model 12 going off one night through the roof of my 70 Chevy. Ears still ringing.
Long story involving deer management.
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:16 pm

Hard to believe somebody voluntarily drove into that undisguised quagmire.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Years ago I went to check some heifers in a small rent pasture early one morning. This place is pretty sandy, right on the edge of the Piney Woods. I followed the trail where I always drove, but got stuck in a low spot. It wasn't too bad, so I walked out, found my father, and we took a 65 hp tractor (with a FEL) to pull it out. I told him the ground was hard close to where I was stuck, and it was, so we had my truck out in no time. Coming back up the hill instead of following the path where we'd been driving he cut across a corner, and got the tractor stuck. I told him I was pretty sure I could get it out with the FEL, so he let me try. I could move it, but for every inch it moved horizontally it was moving an inch vertically, and not in the direction I wanted.

He got in the truck with me and we went and got a friend of his. He brought his winch truck. Before we got started I told him "Now please walk to where you need to be to get to the tractor and make sure you think it's okay before you drive in there." He did, and thought it would be all right. So he backed his truck down the slight incline, ran the winch cable out to the tractor, and got it back on hard ground. All good....until he got in his winch truck to leave. His front tires were pushing sand up in front of them instead of turning. So we kept getting one thing out and getting a bigger one stuck. He told me "Don't worry about it. My big 300hp tractor with the scraper is in the shop, but it will be out in a day or two. I'll bring it out and get the truck." I said okay, because I didn't know what else to do, but I was picturing him getting his winch truck out and sticking that big tractor and scraper. I guess I'd have had to buy it and leave it there as pasture art, but he told me he could drive that thing where you could barely walk, and he was right, but I was sure sweating until he got it back on the paved road.
1 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Return to “Coffee Shop”