Trump returning public lands in Utah

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
slick4591
GURU
GURU

Trump returning public lands in Utah

Postby slick4591 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 am

Good or Bad? I agree that way too much was taken away as I only see it as a way to hold back land for UN Agenda 21.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: Trump returning public lands in Utah

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:31 am

Good IMO as all that “Federal land” is unconstitutional.
That land belongs to the state and it’s residents to do with as they see fit.
1 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 am

You'd probably have to live, and work there to really know. Notice I said work. I've heard, but don't know, that the states can't afford to own it. Outside looking in, that doesn't seem right though.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:39 am

I was curious about the same thing. Hopefully some Utah people will chime in.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:13 am

Caustic Burno wrote:Good IMO as all that “Federal land” is unconstitutional.

But if the federal government doesn't own it, and care for it, the evil states, and private citizens will do evil nasty things to it.
1 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:17 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:

But if the federal government doesn't own it, and care for it, the evil states, and private citizens will do evil nasty things to it.

The federal government caring for it????? Do you know why you don't call the BLM to a kitchen fire? Because they would start a back fire in the living room.
I have dealt with lots of federal land managers in my life. The vast majority that I have met are educated beyond their ability to think.
2 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Dave wrote:
sim.-ang.king wrote:

The federal government caring for it????? Do you know why you don't call the BLM to a kitchen fire? Because they would start a back fire in the living room.
I have dealt with lots of federal land managers in my life. The vast majority that I have met are educated beyond their ability to think.

I hear a lot of their EPA agents suffer from the same affliction.
1 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Dave wrote:
sim.-ang.king wrote:But if the federal government doesn't own it, and care for it, the evil states, and private citizens will do evil nasty things to it.

Can you give us an example TT?
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:43 pm

HDRider wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Dave wrote:

Can you give us an example TT?

Shouldn't have to. :D
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:49 pm

A friend of mine said that people complain about government employees sitting around doing nothing. He said that isn't the problem. If they did that it would just cost us their wages. The problem is they sit around thinking of things to justify their job. Those ideas become the problem.
4 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:44 am

Dave wrote:A friend of mine said that people complain about government employees sitting around doing nothing. He said that isn't the problem. If they did that it would just cost us their wages. The problem is they sit around thinking of things to justify their job. Those ideas become the problem.

And,, how to grow their budgets and staff.
0 x
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:54 am

HDRider wrote:
Dave wrote:A friend of mine said that people complain about government employees sitting around doing nothing. He said that isn't the problem. If they did that it would just cost us their wages. The problem is they sit around thinking of things to justify their job. Those ideas become the problem.

''

yep.. "hey, you know John, my good buddy? He's needs a job.. let's tell this idiots we need another levy for something and we'll all get a 10k raise and get john a job with us."
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:57 am

ddd75 wrote:
HDRider wrote:

''

yep.. "hey, you know John, my good buddy? He's needs a job.. let's tell this idiots we need another levy for something and we'll all get a 10k raise and get john a job with us."

Think bigger, much, much bigger.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:22 am

There is a term for the concept:

Empire-building.

the practice of obtaining more power, responsibility, or staff within an organization for the purposes of (making more money).

It is rampant in government when budgets are flush. It also occurs in private corporations.

The General Schedule or GS personnel scale is predicated on level of responsibility. That translates to how many subordinates you have. If a manager aspires to a higher GS level (more money), they must add subordinates. There is an exception for non-managerial professionals, for example, a toxicologist, veterinarian, medical doctor, engineer, etc. Those positions have higher GS ratings that are not based on number of subordinates.

The means to control it have long been known. James Madison was known for coining the term - tighten the purse strings. Anyone who has sat on the inside (I have) is aware. If you have watched, administration after administration has failed to find the courage to truly reinvent government based on a model that controls waste.
1 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 pm

Bright Raven wrote:There is a term for the concept:

Empire-building.

the practice of obtaining more power, responsibility, or staff within an organization for the purposes of (making more money).

It is rampant in government when budgets are flush. It also occurs in private corporations.

The General Schedule or GS personnel scale is predicated on level of responsibility. That translates to how many subordinates you have. If a manager aspires to a higher GS level (more money), they must add subordinates. There is an exception for non-managerial professionals, for example, a toxicologist, veterinarian, medical doctor, engineer, etc. Those positions have higher GS ratings that are not based on number of subordinates.

The means to control it have long been known. James Madison was known for coining the term - tighten the purse strings. Anyone who has sat on the inside (I have) is aware. If you have watched, administration after administration has failed to find the courage to truly reinvent government based on a model that controls waste.

Ever since FDR the government has gone from running it like a business and working with what they take in, too trying to grow government on borrowed money and stolen land.
0 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

Return to “Coffee Shop”