Brailsford not guilty. Video released

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: Brailsford not guilty. Video released

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:30 pm

I don't know what all was and what was not presented to the jury.
I do know the judge ruled the "You're Fxckxd" aftermarket label put on the side of his gun by the officer was not to be allowed to be seen by the jury nor were they to be told about it.
I would argue the label showed the officer had an aggressive cavalier 'cowboy' mentality about his duties.

I understand the not guilty of murder verdict.... I do not understand why or how he is not guilty of manslaughter.
0 x

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 pm

They say a pictures worth a 1000 words, look at the picture of that cop, what a disgrace, to serve and protect,feel bad for that kid and his family, wasn't armed, scared out of his mind and now dead, way to help out the reputation of police officers Barney.
2 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:25 pm

callmefence wrote:
HDRider wrote:
callmefence wrote:He was drunk and most likely poorly raised.
The officer obviously feared for his life. So perfectly justified... :roll: :roll:

You're joking, right?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

1---- :roll: implies sarcasm
2---- :roll: implies yougottabeshytnme

:hat:

Didn't know the code.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Son of Butch wrote:I don't know what all was and what was not presented to the jury.
I do know the judge ruled the "You're Fxckxd" aftermarket label put on the side of his gun by the officer was not to be allowed to be seen by the jury nor were they to be told about it.
I would argue the label showed the officer had an aggressive cavalier 'cowboy' mentality about his duties.

I understand the not guilty of murder verdict.... I do not understand why or how he is not guilty of manslaughter.

Looked like murder to me. I try real hard to believe the cops side, and try real hard to trust the sanctity of a jury. This one tries all that real hard.
2 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

zirlottkim
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby zirlottkim » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:33 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
slick4591 wrote:One video causes you to lose respect for cops (plural)? Dam!

Yes, that young man could of been my son. We try to work with the cops in our community, and the young ones and the old ones are easy to work. But the 30 to 40 year old Rambo type cops remind me of this murderer.

“The safest way to make laws respected is to make them respectable.” Frédéric Bastiat. I would add law officers to that quote too. I have had very little interaction with cops other than minor traffic violations. I have had many interactions offshore with Coast Guard, Homeland Security, and NOAA Agents. I have little respect for them because the laws they enforce are not respectable. It is as if you are a guilty criminal for being there. I have had Coast Guard come in my bunk room while on anchor and I was sound asleep, screaming at me to "Get Up". Hand on his pistol. For a "routine check". I've had Homeland Security Officers tell me "Laws do not apply to us and we can do whatever I want". I've had a Mississippi Conservation Officer screaming at me threatening to pull his pistol because I refuse to stop in a busy ship channel for a "routine check". Apparently when you are offshore, your "rights" cease to exist and law enforcement can do as they please.
Seems to me that cops can "get away" with more every day. This Brailsford case doesn't set a good example. I predict that the more govt gets involved in almost every aspect of peoples lives, people will lose respect for all law enforcers.
1 x

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 am

Murder by a maniac with a badge and a gun who wanted to shoot someone.
1 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 am

slick4591 wrote:You can bet your bippie the jury saw it.

wrong. they released it AFTER the verdict.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:27 am

ddd75 wrote:

Released to the PUBLIC after the verdict.
The foundation of the prosecution was two body cam videos.

Not taking up for the cops actions. But the jury saw the body cam video. If they didn't the verdict might be understandable.
2 x
Always take care of your credit. When you need it. It will take care of you.

Tennessee Tuxedo

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 am

ddd75 wrote:

The state would never hide their best evidence from a jury. Besides discovery motions there's also Brady v Maryland which basically tells the state they must turn over all evidence to the defense.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 am

callmefence wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

Released to the PUBLIC after the verdict.
The foundation of the prosecution was two body cam videos.

Not taking up for the cops actions. But the jury saw the body cam video. If they didn't the verdict might be understandable.

oh i see.
0 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:43 am

callmefence wrote:He was drunk and most likely poorly raised.
The officer obviously feared for his life. So perfectly justified... :roll: :roll:

He is from a decent family fence. I don't know him personally but I am connected to many that did.

He was not poorly raised, in my opinion.

People have been fuming around town for months. There are a whole lot of kids who grew up with either him, or his wife, etc.

He made mistakes. No doubt about that.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am

haase wrote:They say a pictures worth a 1000 words, look at the picture of that cop, what a disgrace, to serve and protect,feel bad for that kid and his family, wasn't armed, scared out of his mind and now dead, way to help out the reputation of police officers Barney.
I know those type cops make you nervous as a cat,, I got stopped driving a u haul back from Tn. Outside of Nashville.for a tail lamp out..like a dummy I couldn't stop putting my hands in my pockets,,nervous reaction .. The more I did it,the more they got nervous ..I was helping a friend move back..but they had the canine unit come out before it was over, checking for drugs...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:07 pm

0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

WORANCH
GURU
GURU

Postby WORANCH » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:39 pm

That's a little misleading , trying to cover for this cop.

Shaver was not just a guy who got caught in a corridor with a trigger-happy police officer. The police were called after the barrel of a gun was seen pointing through the window of Shaver’s motel room. Have we not heard of a gun barrel coming out a hotel window in the recent past?The Las Vegas shooting similarity must have given the officers at least a notion that this could be another massacre in the making

Shaver was killed Jan. 2016 , Vegas shooting was Oct. 2, 2017
5 x
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-- Thomas Jefferson

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:47 pm

That's why I was wondering what one had to do with the other.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”