Corruption

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
boondocks
GURU
GURU

Corruption

Postby boondocks » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:28 am

0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Corruption

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 am

That author can't stay on track, she's on one side then the other, then upside down. Sounds like another liberal with money trying to push her agenda. Hopefully Briebart news will pick up on this and expose the author for who and what she is. At least the coverage will be fair and balanced.
That could also be why women shouldn't play Sheriff, only time will tell.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 am

True Grit Farms wrote:That author can't stay on track, she's on one side then the other, then upside down. Sounds like another liberal with money trying to push her agenda. Hopefully Briebart news will pick up on this and expose the author for who and what she is. .

It was co written, by a man and a woman.
Walt Bogdanich and Grace Ashford.

I wonder if they use the same barber?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Bogdanich

No wiki for Grace Ashford. She's a Vassar girl and writes for Time and some hatchet job thing called Trumplandia
Last edited by greybeard on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 am

Some of the same type,,that pull all those women accusers to the front...
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 am

greybeard wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:That author can't stay on track, she's on one side then the other, then upside down. Sounds like another liberal with money trying to push her agenda. Hopefully Briebart news will pick up on this and expose the author for who and what she is. .

It was co written, by a man and a woman.
Walt Bogdanich and Grace Ashford.

I wonder if they use the same barber?
don't know about using the same barber...but they look to have been beaten in the face with the same stick...
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:22 am

The thing about this is, it's more than just hearsay there should be evidence of a crime. This sexual assault stuff is all hearsay and who knows what is what.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:36 am

I'll add, that I'm very much against any type of malfeasance in office/corruption type thing and it does happen in sheriff depts as well as any other govt agency.
Happened in mine some decades ago. As far as I know, our former official is the only sheriff having the distinction of doing 10 years in a federal prison.
Look up Humpy Parker or Terror on Highway 59
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:00 pm

I'm puzzled by some of the comments here. Attacking people's personal appearance...assuming the article was about sexual assault. What the heck. Reading is, after all, fundamental, and all that.
A sheriff (allegedly!) stealing 150K from county coffers sits okay with a bunch of y'all. Interesting. What happened to all of the "law and order" types?
Say, you boys aren't giving her a pass coz she's a GIRL now are ya! :lol:
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 pm

boondocks wrote:I'm puzzled by some of the comments here. Attacking people's personal appearance...assuming the article was about sexual assault. What the heck. Reading is, after all, fundamental, and all that.
A sheriff (allegedly!) stealing 150K from county coffers sits okay with a bunch of y'all. Interesting. What happened to all of the "law and order" types?

Naw I like to use assume instead allegedly, because sometimes that's the way it turns out. Where did the $150k she stole supposedly come from the rodeos or not feeding the prisoners?
0 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:09 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
boondocks wrote:I'm puzzled by some of the comments here. Attacking people's personal appearance...assuming the article was about sexual assault. What the heck. Reading is, after all, fundamental, and all that.

Naw I like to use assume instead allegedly, because sometimes that's the way it turns out. Where did the $150k she stole supposedly come from the rodeos or not feeding the prisoners?

"Sheriff Franklin eventually admitted the money [she used for the car lot] had been withdrawn from an account earmarked for feeding inmates." She apparently also failed to properly account for the 20k/yr in profits the rodeo brought in. Says she took office in 2010, so that another 120k or so. That's how I read it anyway. Nice little slush fund...
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”