Page 1 of 7

Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 am
by alisonb
How to you all feel about a banned User coming back under another name, using a different IP address or proxy to fool the Mod? Am not sure how it works but think some get banned for a certain period and can then come back and others get banned permanently...according to the seriousness of offence. How about the User that operates under various names? Do you think that person should be banned immediately after it becoming clear who he/she is?

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:11 am
by Bestoutwest
Just send Grit's execution squad after them.

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:11 am
by Bright Raven
I think Larry needs to find his identity. It Has nothing to do with Cattle Today or banning rules.

Identity is very important. I have noticed that Larry seems to be adrift. It could be a gateway to other dysfunctional behavior.

We all need to offer him our support.

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:13 am
by Brute 23
It doesn't matter what we think... No use talking about it.

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 am
by alisonb
You are wrong Brute ;-)

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 pm
by HDRider
I don't think people should be banned.

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:13 pm
by TennesseeTuxedo
alisonb wrote:You are wrong Brute ;-)


That's a shocker. :shock:

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm
by TennesseeTuxedo
HDRider wrote:I don't think people should be banned.


Some warnings would be nice or probation or something similar.

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:15 pm
by TennesseeTuxedo
Bright Raven wrote:I think Larry needs to find his identity. It Has nothing to do with Cattle Today or banning rules.

Identity is very important. I have noticed that Larry seems to be adrift. It could be a gateway to other dysfunctional behavior.

We all need to offer him our support.


Knock it off twerp.

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 pm
by Brute 23
alisonb wrote:You are wrong Brute ;-)


So who ever owns the board asked you to see what the members thought one this subject?

IF that is the case...

No, temp bans never work in my experience. Ban them for life or don't ban them at all. People don't change. In fact, they are worse the second time around (as seen above).

There is not much you can do about people changing the IP addresses and coming back under another name. You pretty much have to wait for them to make a post attacking some one, again, then you ban that name. They always do. Its like spammers... you just have to stay on top of it.

If you want to get rid of problem people you have to ban them and their whole "crew". Eventually the rest of the board will stop giving them attention and they will stop coming back.

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:27 pm
by Bright Raven
I would like Cattle Today to lift the rule against religious topics. This would be an excellent forum to set up a ministry.

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:30 pm
by farmguy
Out of curiosity what does one do to get banned on this site? I guess I am not checking the posts in question so fill me in. On another site you are banned if you present data that the moderator doesn't like. In my humble opinion if a person resorts to profanity would be one reason or a person attack on someone you disagree with. Now here's the loaded question. What if a person would make a statement that is completely false. I have seen other forums, not cattle related, where a statement is presented as fact that is just not true. For example on another forum that is anti farming the statement was made that sheep growers break the legs on some lambs to prevent them from roaming too far. Forgive my rambling but it's still 20 below F and I am killing time. Should the moderator delete the lamb post? It's author? Or should the moderator just let it stay and let the reader decide? I do realize the moderator has to make judgment calls and they are not always easy. But I would like your thoughts. farmguy

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:32 pm
by callmefence
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I think Larry needs to find his identity. It Has nothing to do with Cattle Today or banning rules.

Identity is very important. I have noticed that Larry seems to be adrift. It could be a gateway to other dysfunctional behavior.

We all need to offer him our support.


Knock it off twerp.


I certainly don't think someone who contributes nothing more than snappy one liners should be allowed to keep their username. While several users who spent considerable time helping others didn't receive the same privilege.

I am quite sure fenceman pointed out the reason in the saloon. Although the way he put it was out of line .. admittedly

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:36 pm
by True Grit Farms
I'd hate to see someone go off the deep end because Cattle Today banned them. If you don't like it don't read it, there's a lot of folks that only talk cow on CT. And others that enjoy the entertainment, personally I enjoy this site for the knowledge and the fellowship. It's impossible to make everyone happy all the time.

Re: Banned Users

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:38 pm
by True Grit Farms
callmefence wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I think Larry needs to find his identity. It Has nothing to do with Cattle Today or banning rules.

Identity is very important. I have noticed that Larry seems to be adrift. It could be a gateway to other dysfunctional behavior.

We all need to offer him our support.


Knock it off twerp.


I certainly don't think someone who contributes nothing more than snappy one liners should be allowed to keep their username. While several users who spent considerable time helping others didn't receive the same privilege.

I am quite sure fenceman pointed out the reason in the saloon. Although the way he put it was out of line .. admittedly

I don't know about that, TB comes up with some great one liners.