Banned Users

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6606
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Banned Users

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm

callmefence wrote:I personally would prefer the only rules be no porn and no attack's against a user's family.
It ain't gonna happen though.

That would work, just need to add cussing to it.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
bball
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Banned Users

Postby bball » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:I don't appreciate drama or anecdotal evidence, so I just avoid it, or handle it as straight forward as possible if it presents it's self. Some people thrive on it. Fence builders must be more mature, in general, than the average person, at least when sober...ish, because we simply don't have these kinds of problems on our forum. If someone makes a comment that is out of line, it simply gets ignored, and people generally get the message. No warning points have ever been awarded, and nobody has ever been banned. The moderators are great to answer tech questions, but let us govern ourselves....with great success. Watching people be mean to each other, just for the sake of being mean, says volumes about an individual.


So true Luke. No safer place to bully someone from than behind a keyboard...
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16198
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Banned Users

Postby greybeard » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Bright Raven wrote:I hope Alisonb is happy. She started a thread on banning that is going to get someone banned based on the way it is going.

I still wish they would lift the ban on religion. It would be like selling whisky to the Indians.

:hide:


Not to mention it would give you a personal platform from which to denigrate anyone that had any kind of personal religious belief as well as tearing down the belief itself, and that is the primary reason religion is off limits here. For you, that's the attraction, on almost a fetish level.
If you are looking for the reason it's discussion is banned, look no farther than the nearest mirror.
4 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13059
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: Banned Users

Postby Nesikep » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Posts about cattle are getting lost in all the "in the news" types of posts.. And every one of those "in the news" topics is absolutely predictable and boring..
I'd be all for temporary bans, even if just for a couple hours for insults.. Permanent bans don't seem to be working, user just come under a different name, loses their post count, and now it's harder to search their posts for a topic because there's a couple usernames..
2 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Banned Users

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Brad,

I second your statement on True Grit. I enjoy him even if he is a "nut". Furthermore, the banter between True Grit and I is in no way mean spirited. I simply have a flaw that I like to pick on the disadvantaged.
:lol:


Kidding. Candidly, I enjoy his fellowship. He is an inspiration to our youth everywhere to get an education. Just don't enter his driveway

Honest, he adds a lot to the forum.

:banana:
Last edited by Bright Raven on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Make America Happy Again

User avatar
bball
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Banned Users

Postby bball » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:29 pm

greybeard wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I hope Alisonb is happy. She started a thread on banning that is going to get someone banned based on the way it is going.

I still wish they would lift the ban on religion. It would be like selling whisky to the Indians.

:hide:


Not to mention it would give you a personal platform from which to denigrate anyone that had any kind of personal religious belief as well as tearing down the belief itself, and that is the primary reason religion is off limits here. For you, that's the attraction, on almost a fetish level.
If you are looking for the reason it's discussion is banned, look no farther than the nearest mirror.


I confess. I personally could benefit from philosophical, spiritually based discussion. Im as confused as i have ever been and would genuinely benefit from discussions on the topic...alas, that won't happen on CT and I do understand why. Can't even agree about cattle, couldn't imagine something as abstract as matters of faith...
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4422
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Banned Users

Postby callmefence » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:30 pm

bball wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:I wish folks had a bit more self restraint to keep themselves from getting banned. M5 comes to mind. I know he left for personal reasons, but before that he was banned. He had good information, and was fun to banter with. The biggest problem is that people can't keep from insulting someone that has a differing view, they seem to have no other argument other than the "you're stupid/ignorant/a snowflake/etc."

I'm in favor of a warning system followed by a temporary ban and then a complete banning.


I miss Dash. Helluva mechanical mind! And would do anything for just about anyone best I could tell.


I agree five has character. The ability to fight one day and do business the next.
Not many people have that kinda character. They either side with a group or get their feelings permanently hurt.
Last edited by callmefence on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Banned Users

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:31 pm

greybeard wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I hope Alisonb is happy. She started a thread on banning that is going to get someone banned based on the way it is going.

I still wish they would lift the ban on religion. It would be like selling whisky to the Indians.

:hide:


Not to mention it would give you a personal platform from which to denigrate anyone that had any kind of personal religious belief as well as tearing down the belief itself, and that is the primary reason religion is off limits here. For you, that's the attraction, on almost a fetish level.
If you are looking for the reason it's discussion is banned, look no farther than the nearest mirror.


I disagree.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

User avatar
bball
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Banned Users

Postby bball » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:32 pm

callmefence wrote:
bball wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:I wish folks had a bit more self restraint to keep themselves from getting banned. M5 comes to mind. I know he left for personal reasons, but before that he was banned. He had good information, and was fun to banter with. The biggest problem is that people can't keep from insulting someone that has a differing view, they seem to have no other argument other than the "you're stupid/ignorant/a snowflake/etc."

I'm in favor of a warning system followed by a temporary ban and then a complete banning.


I miss Dash. Helluva mechanical mind! And would do anything for just about anyone best I could tell.


I agree five has character. The ability to fight one day and do business the next.
Not many people have that kinda character. They either side with a group are get their feelings permanently hurt.


Fence, sincerely, you are smart sumbitch.
3 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

User avatar
dieselbeef
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5670
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:55 am
Location: myakka city fl

Re: Banned Users

Postby dieselbeef » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:40 pm

its the internet who cares
2 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein


sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Banned Users

Postby alisonb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Brute 23 wrote:So who ever owns the board asked you to see what the members thought one this subject?

So why on earth would I be singled out to be asked that :lol: really Brute...

It's good to engage in a discussion and know how others feel about a matter, you will never know what comes out of it or who is reading it. Thanks for your opinion ;-)
1 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15112
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Banned Users

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:51 pm

alisonb wrote:How about the User that operates under various names? Do you think that person should be banned immediately after it becoming clear who he/she is?

Some come back flying under the radar,, then there's the ones that are like trying to hide a elephant in a outhouse..
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Banned Users

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 pm

greybeard wrote:Not to mention it would give you a personal platform from which to denigrate anyone that had any kind of personal religious belief as well as tearing down the belief itself, and that is the primary reason religion is off limits here.


Thoughts:

The rule banning discussions of religion preceded me. Rationally, The primary reason to ban discussion of religion is because of the controversial nature of the subject. Not everyone believes the same or in fact, not everyone believes.

There are many who need to look in the mirror. The ones that bristle when their religion is criticized, are the same ones who slander, insult, denigrate, disparage another religion such as Islam.
Hypocrisy?
1 x
Make America Happy Again

User avatar
Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8881
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:46 am
Location: Central Upstate New York
Contact:

Re: Banned Users

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 pm

This is not a forum for religion.
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16198
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Banned Users

Postby greybeard » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:This is not a forum for religion.

QFT
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCCowman, danbrown, Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests