Get the ladder

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Get the ladder

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:57 am

I've seen cattle do some crazy stuff but this is a first. Your mind begs to question why when the answer is right in front of your face - because they are cows and they can. This picture also makes me wonder why this fella thinks a ladder will be useful.

0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Get the ladder

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:47 am

He is using the ladder to get up above her and drive her down. You can see shingles gone where she went up. He better be easy about it.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:13 am

Bright Raven wrote:He is using the ladder to get up above her and drive her down. You can see shingles gone where she went up. He better be easy about it.

Yeah, but this is clearly a job for a horse.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:27 am

Jogeephus wrote:I've seen cattle do some crazy stuff but this is a first. Your mind begs to question why when the answer is right in front of your face - because they are cows and they can. This picture also makes me wonder why this fella thinks a ladder will be useful.

Notice how close the fence is to the eave of roof. I think she got back there and decided she had no where to go but up. Have you noticed? Cows like to get on high places. I have a big pile of manure and hay scraped off my feed area. I have seen the cows climb up on that and it is steeper and poorer footing than that roof.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:36 am

They do some crazy stuff. They also like to play house in old abandoned homes. Stick their heads between a forked tree. Stick their heads in grain augers and twist their heads in such a way they can't get out. Cattle seem to look for entertainment in the strangest places.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:45 am

Jogeephus wrote:They do some crazy stuff. They also like to play house in old abandoned homes. Stick their heads between a forked tree. Stick their heads in grain augers and twist their heads in such a way they can't get out. Cattle seem to look for entertainment in the strangest places.

I bet everyone sees this:

A cow with the flat front of her head pressed against an object like a post or even the leg of another cow - they appear to be in a trance. I have wondered if it provides some form of endorphin release.
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 am

Looking at the terrain in the background, that cows spends a lot of time climbing.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:43 am

Great views all around.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:21 am

I'm thinking the fence is there because this is not the first time the guy has seen this happen. People normally build fences after the cows test thing out.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:33 am

Jogeephus wrote:I've seen cattle do some crazy stuff but this is a first. Your mind begs to question why when the answer is right in front of your face - because they are cows and they can. This picture also makes me wonder why this fella thinks a ladder will be useful.

Its those unruly red cows of course.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:05 am

Is that a cotton house. O Brother where art thou.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:32 pm

She'll come down when she gets hungry.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm

For a Alpes Simmy like that, a 10/12 pitch ain't nothin'. :lol:
1 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

Return to “Coffee Shop”