Real west ve Hollywood west

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4775
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Supa Dexta wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:I know of several Walmart’s I wouldn’t go to armed.


What would happen if you went to one of those walmarts?

Crime happens where the people are. It stands to reason the more people that enter an area the more crime.
Some Wal-Mart stores report 4-5 shoplifters every day. Wal-Mart reports 250% more crime per store than Target.

On a per store basis a violent crime (stabbing, shooting, mugging ect.) happens on Wal-Mart property once every
21 years. So it would stand to reason in some locations a violent crime occurs there every 3-4 years.

Supa Dexta.... given the millions of people that go through Wal-Mart every year would you really want to risk it?
Safer to stick to stores with 3 or less other customers so you can never be completely surrounded in case you decide
to shoot your way out.
1 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4381
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby callmefence » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 pm

Florence grocery has two people working one register. ....
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Nw Alabama

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:55 am

HEB had 2 open when I was there a couple days ago. A checker and bagger at bot standing there talking. When I walked up both the baggers walked off. What I hate worse at Walmart is when they have their managers types stand right in the middle of the aisle to talk and won't move to let me the customer get by
0 x

User avatar
Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Eastern Canada

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby Supa Dexta » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:26 am

I've probably been across more of the states than many on here. Including stays in NY, Chicago, Detroit.. I've never had to shoot my way out of a walmart. Not yet anyways.
1 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4775
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 am

Craig Miller wrote:HEB had 2 open when I was there a couple days ago. A checker and bagger at bot standing there talking. When I walked up both the baggers walked off. What I hate worse at Walmart is when they have their managers types stand right in the middle of the aisle to talk and won't move to let me the customer get by


I've found most Wal-Mart employees here to be friendly and often helpful. Perhaps the difference is in labor force from
Minnesota vs southern states.
0 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4775
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 am

Supa Dexta wrote:I've probably been across more of the states than many on here. Including stays in NY, Chicago, Detroit.. I've never had to shoot my way out of a walmart. Not yet anyways.

You're due. Perhaps you should consider launching a preemptive strike. :)
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5640
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 am

Supa Dexta wrote:I've probably been across more of the states than many on here. Including stays in NY, Chicago, Detroit.. I've never had to shoot my way out of a walmart. Not yet anyways.


On a few occasions, I would have rather had a gas mask than a gun. Some people must not _________ .
0 x

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22279
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:59 am

Son of Butch wrote:
Supa Dexta wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:I know of several Walmart’s I wouldn’t go to armed.


What would happen if you went to one of those walmarts?

Crime happens where the people are. It stands to reason the more people that enter an area the more crime.
Some Wal-Mart stores report 4-5 shoplifters every day. Wal-Mart reports 250% more crime per store than Target.

On a per store basis a violent crime (stabbing, shooting, mugging ect.) happens on Wal-Mart property once every
21 years. So it would stand to reason in some locations a violent crime occurs there every 3-4 years.

Supa Dexta.... given the millions of people that go through Wal-Mart every year would you really want to risk it?
Safer to stick to stores with 3 or less other customers so you can never be completely surrounded in case you decide
to shoot your way out.


https://www.npr.org/2016/08/24/49124274 ... across-u-s

http://theweek.com/articles/644320/why- ... ck-walmart

Seems around here they like to build close to public housing.
0 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4775
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:10 pm

Reporter Shannon Pettypiece is full of shxt.
Nothing but Fear mongering saying violent crime happens daily at Wal-mart.
According to law enforcement records there were a total of 200 violent crimes at 4,500 Wal-Marts in 2016.

Yes there is crime wherever there are people, but the thousands of crimes at walmart are mostly shoplifting and
employee theft.


If you noticed National Public Radio's source for this article/interview was Pettypiece saying....
not police, police records or court documents.... just she/he saying

That's how rumours spread and the next thing ya know big strong men are afraid to enter parking lots and start
shooting Australian women.

p.s.
Do you know which criminals Kangaroos hate the most?
Pickpockets
Last edited by Son of Butch on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11215
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
Supa Dexta wrote:I've probably been across more of the states than many on here. Including stays in NY, Chicago, Detroit.. I've never had to shoot my way out of a walmart. Not yet anyways.

You're due. Perhaps you should consider launching a preemptive strike. :)


Consider yourself reported.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4775
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Yeah Supra, watch your step. :)
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11215
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Real west ve Hollywood west

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:28 pm

See something, say something.
2 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests