Cops and school shootings.

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Cops and school shootings.

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Obviously he didn't do his job but any thing past that unwarranted IMO. I'm not going to pass judgement on him.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 pm

ChrisB wrote:
Ryder wrote:I don't know all the facts about the cop who didn't go in the school.
Not right to just rush to judgement. Don't know what he was thinking.
Monday morning quarterbacking?

I agree. Looks really bad though and no matter what the truth is, there will be people calling him a coward and blaming him for kids getting shot.

Nobody knows what they would have done in that situation; although we will all claim we would have gone into the school and been willing to lay down our lives. It's like when you see a news story about an assault or something that happens in front of a group of people. Every guy that wasn't there says what they would have done to stop it if they were around; the assault just so happened in front of the only 20 guys in the world that wouldn't respond in a heroic manner.

Well one things for sure if he had did everything that he could have he would not have left his job. Him leaving makes it look bad on him we do not yet have every single detail but I don't know any hero's that resign.
1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:40 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
ChrisB wrote:
Ryder wrote:I don't know all the facts about the cop who didn't go in the school.
Not right to just rush to judgement. Don't know what he was thinking.
Monday morning quarterbacking?

I agree. Looks really bad though and no matter what the truth is, there will be people calling him a coward and blaming him for kids getting shot.

Nobody knows what they would have done in that situation; although we will all claim we would have gone into the school and been willing to lay down our lives. It's like when you see a news story about an assault or something that happens in front of a group of people. Every guy that wasn't there says what they would have done to stop it if they were around; the assault just so happened in front of the only 20 guys in the world that wouldn't respond in a heroic manner.

Well one things for sure if he had did everything that he could have he would not have left his job. Him leaving makes it look bad on him we do not yet have every single detail but I don't know any hero's that resign.
got a good point there
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Did any you Monday morning quarter backs notice that the High Sheriff said that from now on the deputys at the schools will be carrying an AR 15. Big school to rush into to stop something when you have no idea who the shooter is or how many. He should have pulled the pistol and went in with his flashlight like they do on the crime shows on TV and sneaked around and looked behind every corner. Then moved on. The shooting only lasted 6 minutes. The sheriff, Trump and the politicians have to have a scapegoat and the deputy is it. Might be time to register the guns like they did when RR was shot. I have a 243 bolt action carbine that is registered. Has been for nigh on fifty years. On the assault rifles with multi magazines need to be registered and taxed each year and a title transfer occur if I sold it.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:12 pm

hurleyjd wrote:Did any you Monday morning quarter backs notice that the High Sheriff said that from now on the deputys at the schools will be carrying an AR 15. Big school to rush into to stop something when you have no idea who the shooter is or how many. He should have pulled the pistol and went in with his flashlight like they do on the crime shows on TV and sneaked around and looked behind every corner. Then moved on. The shooting only lasted 6 minutes. The sheriff, Trump and the politicians have to have a scapegoat and the deputy is it. Might be time to register the guns like they did when RR was shot. I have a 243 bolt action carbine that is registered. Has been for nigh on fifty years. On the assault rifles with multi magazines need to be registered and taxed each year and a title transfer occur if I sold it.

Why is he a scapegoat for hiding armed while children were being shot.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:14 pm

ez14. wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
ChrisB wrote:I agree. Looks really bad though and no matter what the truth is, there will be people calling him a coward and blaming him for kids getting shot.

got a good point there

While I have never had to engage a shooter I have put myself in dangerous situations without fear of my life. For most people that have been in this situation they all say the same thing is I did not think and just did what I was supposed to do. Everyone is not a leader and willing to die for anyone else. Its apparently this coward did not care about these kids.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Only a ignorant fool thinks guns kill people. The school cop needed to call for backup and then try and get into position to intercept the murderer. Anything past 15 or 20 yards and a pistol is no match for an AR. I would like to know what the cop was thinking and why he didn't take action myself, who knows he might have a good reason.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:24 pm

hurleyjd wrote: I have a 243 bolt action carbine that is registered. Has been for nigh on fifty years. On the assault rifles with multi magazines need to be registered and taxed each year and a title transfer occur if I sold it.

This .243 that you speak of, how did you "register" it? Who did you "register" it with?
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:26 pm

jehosofat wrote:
hurleyjd wrote: I have a 243 bolt action carbine that is registered. Has been for nigh on fifty years. On the assault rifles with multi magazines need to be registered and taxed each year and a title transfer occur if I sold it.

This .243 that you speak of, how did you "register" it? Who did you "register" it with?

I'm curious about this too.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:05 pm

The only Texas firearm registration I know of is manufacturer warranty registration and I've bought long guns since 1968. It can't be a county thing, because Texas state constitution precludes that.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:06 pm

jehosofat wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
bball wrote:That man will never be the same again. The shame and guilt would eat me alive. One of those 2 or 3 moments in a man's life when the heroes are separated from those that arent.

I would not be surprised for him to take is own life.

Hope so.

Wishing another person to kill them self speaks volumes of your character. While he did not do what we all thought he should have, to hope suicideon someone is drastically uncalled for.
2 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
jehosofat wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
I would not be surprised for him to take is own life.

Hope so.

Wishing another person to kill them self speaks volumes of your character. While he did not do what we all thought he should have, to hope suicideon someone is drastically uncalled for.

When people reference my character, the most common phrase is "brutally honest"
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:10 pm

The only Texas firearm registration I know of is manufacturer warranty registration and I've bought long guns since 1968. It can't be a county thing, because Texas state constitution precludes that.

The fact that the sheriff Israel expressed dismay at the resource officer's reaction (or lack of it) is telling.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:21 pm

jehosofat wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
jehosofat wrote:
Hope so.

When people reference my character, the most common phrase is "brutally honest"

That wasn’t the direction I was going in, but pat yourself on the back if you’d like.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:28 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Only a ignorant fool thinks guns kill people. The school cop needed to call for backup and then try and get into position to intercept the murderer. Anything past 15 or 20 yards and a pistol is no match for an AR. I would like to know what the cop was thinking and why he didn't take action myself, who knows he might have a good reason.

I'll just leave this right here........
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/05/ ... t-honored/
0 x

Covet Not!

Return to “Coffee Shop”