Gun Talk

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Lucky
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Gun Talk

Postby Lucky » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:02 pm

Lucky wrote:If I was too scared to go into public without a gun I would move....serious business...I think I would relocate. Probably get robbed today now.

I second playing John Wayne though, who didn’t want to be John Wayne growing up.

Maybe scared is the wrong word. Is there a post edit feature on here?
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Grit better make sure that wallet holster is legal if you have to use it.
Last I checked that falls under AOW all other weapons and is illegal unless a tax is payed to the ATF.
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:20 pm

wbvs58 wrote:
I am only looking as an outsider obviously but with all the people in the US that have a licence for CC, how come we don't hear of more incidents where these horrific events are snuffed out by a responsible citizen before much damage is done?

Ken

They don’t make the news, but it happens all the time. Most aren’t out for mass shootings, though the guy that went shooting into the church a while back was stopped by a guy that shot him.
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Raven you can joke and kid around all you want about me being scared. But not long ago a drunk at the Mexican restaurant put his hands on my daughter, I had a 9 mm in the small of my back and 380 in my pocket, but a right to the temple curred that threat instantly. I pray that I'll never need a gun for self-defense, but I feel like a fool without one in my pocket.

Obviously, you hit the feeble old drunk because you believed it was justified.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Raven you can joke and kid around all you want about me being scared. But not long ago a drunk at the Mexican restaurant put his hands on my daughter, I had a 9 mm in the small of my back and 380 in my pocket, but a right to the temple curred that threat instantly. I pray that I'll never need a gun for self-defense, but I feel like a fool without one in my pocket.

Nope, he grabbed my daughter by the arm. You or anyone else would receive the same treatment, or worse. I was the old and feeble one, he was just drinking at the bar, and I assumed he was drunk. Being the nice guy that I am, I didn't even have my daughter press charges.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Nope, he grabbed my daughter by the arm. You or anyone else would receive the same treatment, or worse. I was the old and feeble one, he was just drinking at the bar, and I assumed he was drunk. Being the nice guy that I am, I didn't even have my daughter press charges.

You perceived it as a "threat". If I were the father of a daughter and a stranger grasp her arm, I might take it as a threat. I would have to be in your shoes and see what you saw. I would evaluate his intent as best I could before I would strike or shoot someone. Let's remember, you are the same guy that was prepared to shoot a security guard because she was simply standing on the corner watching cars drive by. Your motive, as I remember, was you felt "uncomfortable".
2 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:45 pm

wbvs58 wrote:BR, Ron, I think you have made a pretty fair statement of how you feel. I am interested to here how other people feel, not them trying to change your ways but how they go about their business with CC.

I am only looking as an outsider obviously but with all the people in the US that have a licence for CC, how come we don't hear of more incidents where these horrific events are snuffed out by a responsible citizen before much damage is done?

Ken

Because it never happens.
2 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm

ga.prime wrote:
wbvs58 wrote:BR, Ron, I think you have made a pretty fair statement of how you feel. I am interested to here how other people feel, not them trying to change your ways but how they go about their business with CC.

Ken

Yep. I will not say "never" but I sure think your chances of being A John Wayne Hero are about as good as getting hit by a meteor.
2 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:07 pm

bball wrote:
greybeard wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Ah so they were once pets and later became feral?

Yep..and some breed in the wild as ferals, increasing the feral pack, but most started off as someone's domestic companion.

Believe it or not, it's worse in some cities than in the countryside.

The dog dumping is a real problem here in the countryside. I have often wondered which is worse for these people to do: drive to the country and drop off your dogs or cats, or take them out and euthanize them?(The shelters around here are overflowing btw).

As far as the original question. I have a CC permit. Used to keep a .40 cal Beretta in the truck. Took it out a year ago. Now I only take a small 9mm Sig with me when I got to Indy(which is as rarely as humanly possible). One of daughters goes to a comm college in Gary. I insisted she get a CC permit and spent a good deal of time ensuring she was comfortable, competent and proficient handling the gun before moving up north.

I have a female heeler jack russell cross I think Someone dumped her and she was already spayed. Best companion I have had.
Does her best to keep the cows off of me when feeding. She rides shotgun. She will not ride in the back of the truck. She found me in 2014
3 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
ga.prime wrote:

Ken

Yep. I will not say "never" but I sure think your chances of being A John Wayne Hero are about as good as getting hit by a meteor.

Your ignorance is showing. It never happens because good guy with guns stop it. Plenty of evidence of that .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
bball wrote:
greybeard wrote:Yep..and some breed in the wild as ferals, increasing the feral pack, but most started off as someone's domestic companion.

The dog dumping is a real problem here in the countryside. I have often wondered which is worse for these people to do: drive to the country and drop off your dogs or cats, or take them out and euthanize them?(The shelters around here are overflowing btw).

As far as the original question. I have a CC permit. Used to keep a .40 cal Beretta in the truck. Took it out a year ago. Now I only take a small 9mm Sig with me when I got to Indy(which is as rarely as humanly possible). One of daughters goes to a comm college in Gary. I insisted she get a CC permit and spent a good deal of time ensuring she was comfortable, competent and proficient handling the gun before moving up north.

I have a female heeler jack russell cross I think Someone dumped her and she was already spayed. Best companion I have had.
Does her best to keep the cows off of me when feeding. She rides shotgun. She will not ride in the back of the truck. She found me in 2014

:D :heart:
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:10 pm

0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:38 pm

The nuts that open carry scare me, I don’t want them anywhere near me.
Two things come to mind they are the first target or going to try and play Lone Ranger.
If a criminal comes in with any type long gun you’re already out gunned your only hope is element of surprise IMO.
3 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
bball wrote:
greybeard wrote:Yep..and some breed in the wild as ferals, increasing the feral pack, but most started off as someone's domestic companion.

I'm surprised to hear you were able to settle a feral dog so easily. You must be a dog whisperer like that Ceaser Milan guy on Animal Planet.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:The nuts that open carry scare me, I don’t want them anywhere near me.
Two things come to mind they are the first target or going to try and play Lone Ranger.
If a criminal comes in with any type long gun you’re already out gunned your only hope is element of surprise IMO.

Absolutely. You are dead on.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”