Gun Talk

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Gun Talk

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:
bball wrote:
The dog dumping is a real problem here in the countryside. I have often wondered which is worse for these people to do: drive to the country and drop off your dogs or cats, or take them out and euthanize them?(The shelters around here are overflowing btw).

As far as the original question. I have a CC permit. Used to keep a .40 cal Beretta in the truck. Took it out a year ago. Now I only take a small 9mm Sig with me when I got to Indy(which is as rarely as humanly possible). One of daughters goes to a comm college in Gary. I insisted she get a CC permit and spent a good deal of time ensuring she was comfortable, competent and proficient handling the gun before moving up north.

I have a female heeler jack russell cross I think Someone dumped her and she was already spayed. Best companion I have had.
Does her best to keep the cows off of me when feeding. She rides shotgun. She will not ride in the back of the truck. She found me in 2014

I'm surprised to hear you were able to settle a feral dog so easily. You must be a dog whisperer like that Ceaser Milan guy on Animal Planet.

Larry. I wonder if you can actually ever call a dog feral. I guess you can, but dogs are unique. They have been bred for centuries to sit at the side of their human master.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Raven you can joke and kid around all you want about me being scared. But not long ago a drunk at the Mexican restaurant put his hands on my daughter, I had a 9 mm in the small of my back and 380 in my pocket, but a right to the temple curred that threat instantly. I pray that I'll never need a gun for self-defense, but I feel like a fool without one in my pocket.

Obviously, you hit the feeble old drunk because you believed it was justified.

Nope, he grabbed my daughter by the arm. You or anyone else would receive the same treatment, or worse. I was the old and feeble one, he was just drinking at the bar, and I assumed he was drunk. Being the nice guy that I am, I didn't even have my daughter press charges.

The drunk should have filed charges against you.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Im glad some of you feel you don't need to carry. Like someone else posted, if I gave clothes on there is at least one in a pocket. True Grit, wonder how many was carried in the crowd at Louisville last week. I know of at least 1.
Raven, I shaked your current governor's hand while carrying one in the other hand, one in my back pocket and one in the small of my back. He promised to protect my rights to carry them.
Am I scared, no I'm careful.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:47 pm

The drunk should have filed charges against you.[/quote]
I was too drunk to call the cops.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 pm

kenny thomas wrote:Im glad some of you feel you don't need to carry. Like someone else posted, if I gave clothes on there is at least one in a pocket. True Grit, wonder how many was carried in the crowd at Louisville last week. I know of at least 1.
Raven, I shaked your current governor's hand while carrying one in the other hand, one in my back pocket and one in the small of my back. He promised to protect my rights to carry them.

I worry a 100 times more about getting cancer, having a heart attack or suffering a stroke. My dad lived to be 92 and mom was 93. Neither one ever touched a handgun. I only carry when I have a reason to suspect the risks warranted it. As I have said before, I drive US 62 almost every other day. If I can survive that, I ain't worrying about some old feeble drunk in a bar taking me out.
Last edited by Bright Raven on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 pm

I carry not to get into a fight but to get out of one. With my neck if a guy like Grit hit me the way he did that fellow, I would most likely be dead .
We live on in a more violent society today than the old west IMO.
Twenty years ago I would have never thought about packing at church bet a third are today.
The way I see it is you’re a victim armed or unarmed one is just totally helpless.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:00 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:Im glad some of you feel you don't need to carry. Like someone else posted, if I gave clothes on there is at least one in a pocket. True Grit, wonder how many was carried in the crowd at Louisville last week. I know of at least 1.

I worry a 100 times more about getting cancer, having a heart attack or suffering a stroke. My dad lived to be 92 and mom was 93. Neither one ever touched a handgun. I only carry when I have a reason to suspect the risks warranted it. As I have said before, I drive US 62 almost every other day. If I can survive that, I ain't worrying about some old feeble drunk in a bar taking me out.

Grit doesn't drink.
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:09 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:With my neck if a guy like Grit hit me the way he did that fellow, I would most likely be dead .

Seriously, it bothers me when I read something like Grit did. To repeat, I was not in his shoes and I don't know what he saw but I am not of the nature to be violent if I can find anyway to avoid it. I doubt very much that I would hit a drunk unless he did more than what Grit said.

If we all want to live in a decent world, violence has to stop in your own heart.
1 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:With my neck if a guy like Grit hit me the way he did that fellow, I would most likely be dead .

Seriously, it bothers me when I read something like Grit did. To repeat, I was not in his shoes and I don't know what he saw but I am not of the nature to be violent if I can find anyway to avoid it. I doubt very much that I would hit a drunk unless he did more than what Grit said.

If we all want to like in a decent world, violence has to stop in your own heart.

You been reading the "Good Book" again?
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:15 pm

Someone had 25 rounds of 9mm and 8 rounds of 380. And another had 10 rounds of 38 special. I definitely felt safe and content eating ice cream, BSing and looking at all the pretty ladies.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:26 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

Someone had 25 rounds of 9mm and 8 rounds of 380. And another had 10 rounds of 38 special. I definitely felt safe and content eating ice cream, BSing and looking at all the pretty ladies.

Congrats! I feel just as safe with none of the above.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

I carry why the need for so much ammo?
With that much ammo where you getting your Blue Bell Iraq?
1 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:43 pm

ga.prime wrote:
wbvs58 wrote:BR, Ron, I think you have made a pretty fair statement of how you feel. I am interested to here how other people feel, not them trying to change your ways but how they go about their business with CC.

I am only looking as an outsider obviously but with all the people in the US that have a licence for CC, how come we don't hear of more incidents where these horrific events are snuffed out by a responsible citizen before much damage is done?

Ken

Because it never happens.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vol ... shootings/

https://crimeresearch.org/2016/09/uber- ... -shooting/
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Lucky
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Lucky » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 pm

We were talking about open carry the other day and a friend of mine that believes in guns but doesn’t own one said something kind of funny about it. He said “if I was robbing a place the first thing I would do is see who had a pistol on thier hip and shoot them. Then I’d have everybody’s attention and the known threat would be gone”. Never really thought about it that a way.

Some people that carry guns wanna be John Wayne but in reality they are more like the kid from the Christmas Story. That being said I’m all for open and concealed carry. Be a great thing if you could prevent a person from being harmed.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:52 pm

Bright Raven wrote:

If we all want to live in a decent world, violence has to stop in your own heart.
Sounds like how a victim thinks to me. The way to stop violence is with more and harsher violence.

I taught my kids to fight back no matter what, if someone is going to kill you, you might as well go down fighting. I just taught him you don't put your hands on another person unless you want problems. If it wasn't my daughter or her friend I wouldn't of cared. Don't screw with my friends or family, I get real violent real quick.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Coffee Shop”